• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] More thoughts/questions from a newcomer

DeletedUser

1. Would anyone else like to select the military units to move instead of the random selection? Is it possible?
2. Is anyone else getting a white screen on the "guild forum"?
3. Is there a way to put the player's guild in the PVP ranking or in the pop up city screen? I don't know all the members and would prefer not to "plunder" their city. I don't believe defeating them in PVP hurts their standing otherwise.

I am enjoying the game. KUDOs to all the designers!:)

DeletedUser

1) Yes. No.
2) No.
3) No way unless the devs implement this one day.

DeletedUser

Okay, I followed the directions to clear cache...no luck. Try different browser? Sorry, when I was in school computer terminals resembled teletype machines and just as big. I take it you are one of the peer moderators. Mac

DeletedUser34

he is our bug hunter, guru extraordinaire. He is also a genius with minor statistics like troops, value, points, all that technical stuff people like me can't figure out on our own. :D

Oh yes, he is also a spooky ghost. More scary is when he talks out of thin air, and you don't even see it coming. :D

DeletedUser

Dominotx711
While some of the game (FOE) moves slow, I must say I have not had as much fun at a "solo" game in a long time. I may be hooked as it is a good way to eat up some of my free time when I am stuck at my shop. Whatever is wrong, I only get white screen for guild forum and diamonds (although I have deduced from other discussion these are bought with real "gold" (money). I have even considered a second "player character" where I would purchase diamonds to support the game. PS: I do not facebook, twitter (oops, tweet), blog or get into any of that other (pardon the expression) nonsense. Nor am I conversant in "leet speak" (I think that is what it is called). Unfortunately, it seems finding other player characters for pencil & paper and strategy boardgames is a lost cause. I hope they keep the game understandable for an old retiree like myself. Mac

DeletedUser34

Dominotx711
While some of the game (FOE) moves slow, I must say I have not had as much fun at a "solo" game in a long time. I may be hooked as it is a good way to eat up some of my free time when I am stuck at my shop. Whatever is wrong, I only get white screen for guild forum and diamonds (although I have deduced from other discussion these are bought with real "gold" (money). I have even considered a second "player character" where I would purchase diamonds to support the game. PS: I do not facebook, twitter (oops, tweet), blog or get into any of that other (pardon the expression) nonsense. Nor am I conversant in "leet speak" (I think that is what it is called). Unfortunately, it seems finding other player characters for pencil & paper and strategy boardgames is a lost cause. I hope they keep the game understandable for an old retiree like myself. Mac

Well for starters, FoE is still in beta, so bear with it a bit. Inno has a history of producing excellent games.
so here goes best I can:
  • for the white screen let me suggest taking a picture. on your screen you will find a key up top near the "F" keys that says "prt sc" click that and it will take a picture of whatever you have on your screen much like this (click this link)
    save it, go to tinypic.com, upload it and post the link to the "Direct Link for layouts"
  • Yes Diamonds are purchased with real cash, however there are joker quests and a few other such obnoxious ones that reward you with diamonds.
  • I don't tweet, but I have a kid and grandkid, I do facebook. I don't speak "leet" But I do understand HaekelHansi and Diggo talk. Not fluent, but if I work on it, I can catch on fairly well.
  • Eventually there will be what we call a Wiki for the game, but until then we are constantly updating the guides section every time there is a new common (or uncommon) question.
  • Oh and a major important issue...if by a "second player character" you mean having two accounts....let me suggest strongly to rethink that...I am almost positive that is considered double accounting and against the rules.

Hope that gets you started. If you haven't visited the guides let me suggest you do so. I know I have tried to simplify it down in mine, but I do link the more detailed charts that have been provided. Also someone developed a city planner that is pretty good for those who aren't the best with Tetris.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well for starters, FoE is still in beta, so bear with it a bit. Inno has a history of producing excellent games.
so here goes best I can:
  • for the white screen let me suggest taking a picture. on your screen you will find a key up top near the "F" keys that says "prt sc" click that and it will take a picture of whatever you have on your screen much like this (click this link)
    save it, go to tinypic.com, upload it and post the link to the "Direct Link for layouts"
  • Yes Diamonds are purchased with real cash, however there are joker quests and a few other such obnoxious ones that reward you with diamonds.
  • I don't tweet, but I have a kid and grandkid, I do facebook. I don't speak "leet" But I do understand HaekelHansi and Diggo talk. Not fluent, but if I work on it, I can catch on fairly well.
  • Eventually there will be what we call a Wiki for the game, but until then we are constantly updating the guides section every time there is a new common (or uncommon) question.
  • Oh and a major important issue...if by a "second player character" you mean having two accounts....let me suggest strongly to rethink that...I am almost positive that is considered double accounting and against the rules.

Hope that gets you started. If you haven't visited the guides let me suggest you do so. I know I have tried to simplify it down in mine, but I do link the more detailed charts that have been provided. Also someone developed a city planner that is pretty good for those who aren't the best with Tetris.

Your guide was one of the first things I read. (PS: if you check the goods production link it takes you to a military table.) Thanks! (prn scrn) doesn't do anything that I can see. The only thing I can say is that I get a large white rectangle with a little [x] in the upper right hand corner to close the screen. As for the second account, I have read/deduced a number of people who have multiple accounts. If it is frowned upon, I won't go there.

I had 3 girls all of whom have at least one child. Never heard of "HaekelHansi and Diggo". Not planning on stopping. I am hoping my stupidity helps them make the game appeal to those of us who grew up on boardgames and started D&D in '74. Mac

DeletedUser

I don't know if some of my problems could stem from some errors I noticed in my profile. The world is listed as "Arvahail", but, I play in Brisgard. It says I am not a member of any group - should it not show that I belong to a guild? Mac

DeletedUser34

hang on, there is a report of another white screen. Just wait and see on that one. ;)
Sorry, I forgot to tell you the second part :D
once you print screen, open paint, and select control v. Then save and upload. My bad.
And I don't know anything about your worlds. I don't find you on Arvahail, but I do find you on Brisgard.

It also shows you are a member of Strength in numbers guild. It doesn't show up as of yet on the scrolling neighborhood bar at the bottom.

And I fixed the link, :D
I fully blame the mods for setting it so that everything I do is broken and has to be done by hand longways with NO shortcuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To the designers: Your color scheme on the "edit profile" needs to be changed. If you are Red/Green color blind (most prevalent) you can't read the screen.

Dominotx711: I think it may have something to do with my profile. It has the wrong world and I am unable to change it. It also shows I am not a member of any group.

Okay, I did as you said. I don't know how to reach it for a url. Can you get this?
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=4e94bdbce464e496#cid=4E94BDBCE464E496&id=4E94BDBCE464E496%21173

Will that work?

Thanks for the help. Mac

DeletedUser34

here? Here has nothing to do with there. And you can change your color schemes. Go to settings. HERE. And designers don't read the threads....nor do the bug hunters very often.

DeletedUser

Well, thanks for trying. Still planning on hanging around. I'll work around the problems. Mac

DeletedUser

White screens ingame are mostly experienced by Internet Explorer users. It's being worked on. Until it's fixed, I recommend using Chrome or Opera.

DeletedUser

White screens ingame are mostly experienced by Internet Explorer users. It's being worked on. Until it's fixed, I recommend using Chrome or Opera.

Sorry, you are talking to an "old fart". I heard something about Chrome on TV. I have no idea about Opera. While I have heard of some of them, I don't have them. Mac

DeletedUser

Chrome and Opera are free, alternative browsers, better suited for games like these. You can download, install and try them out and stick with the one you like best. It's not that difficult to install, if you managed to get this game running, you'll have no issues with them either.

Here are 2 links:
Chrome page
Opera page

DeletedUser34

and now you have met HaekelHansi speak ;)
You understood it better than you thought you would :D

DeletedUser

Your guide was one of the first things I read. (PS: if you check the goods production link it takes you to a military table.) Thanks! (prn scrn) doesn't do anything that I can see. The only thing I can say is that I get a large white rectangle with a little [x] in the upper right hand corner to close the screen. As for the second account, I have read/deduced a number of people who have multiple accounts. If it is frowned upon, I won't go there.

I had 3 girls all of whom have at least one child. Never heard of "HaekelHansi and Diggo". Not planning on stopping. I am hoping my stupidity helps them make the game appeal to those of us who grew up on boardgames and started D&D in '74. Mac

Yes, D & D, THE GOOD OL' DAYS. I tried to explain to my grand kids how awesome a game you played in your mind could be, and they literally looked at me as if I was suffering from dementia, lol

DeletedUser

Yes, D & D, THE GOOD OL' DAYS. I tried to explain to my grand kids how awesome a game you played in your mind could be, and they literally looked at me as if I was suffering from dementia, lol

And they wonder why they have no imagination, problem solving abilities and must rely on a calculator. I tried a number of times to run a campaign at my shop. This doesn't work to well when the rogue (thief) tries to sneak up on a group of Orcs carrying a torch in the dark! My ability to improvise, adap and overcome was extremely helpful in my military career. Mac

To Bugs Huntsman: I followed your directions for Chrome, and run on it for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

To Bugs Hunstman, I don't think the "edit post" function works in Internet Explorer, either. I have tried a number of times to edit "typos" and could not complete the action. Mac