• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Most important all age great building

ffblackice

I meant, friends tavern, don't ignore it
- I got 3-4 FPs from friends tavern every day, up to 7 fps the most so far
- got BPs occasionally,
- provide coin and supply boost
- provide flexible attack boost and defense boost,
- provide city shield to avoid being plundered
- shorten build time and recruiting time
- more importantly, it doesn't occupy any space

Nicholas002

I meant, friends tavern, don't ignore it
- I got 3-4 FPs from friends tavern every day, up to 7 fps the most so far
- got BPs occasionally,
- provide coin and supply boost
- provide flexible attack boost and defense boost,
- provide city shield to avoid being plundered
- shorten build time and recruiting time
- more importantly, it doesn't occupy any space
If you are calling the friends tavern a Great Building, what about the GE dock, and GBg Portal? Are they not much more lucrative than the Tavern? (settlements and antiques dealer as well)...
got BPs occasionally,
??

Nicholas002

@ Nicholas002, just compare I listed above. any others don't have so many functions.
But you can only use one function at once (unless you use diamonds). I don't even use the tavern much, tbh, I am just accumulating silver. eventually I probably will use it, but it's not all that useful.

I don't know how you get more value from your tavern than GE (weekly diamonds+FP producing buildings) or GBg (hundreds of weekly FPs)

(btw, you missed the one tavern function I have used regularly: GE extra turn boost. It allows new players to easily complete GE 4 every week.
without it, you would have to be able to fight G4, or have an endless supply of goods to finish GE. Because of this boost, the Tavern is SUPER important, however, GE is far more important, since without GE this tavern boost would not exist.)

Plain Red Justice

That tavern should just get deleted since it brought me more trouble more than it helped me. I got some sniper that stalked my tavern who added all my farms and is always competing with me even now so I refreshed my tavern quite a few times until only the safe touch people are the only ones sitting on it. I've never collected tavern silvers ever since and now I'm constantly returning the favor several thousand fold by stealing all of his farms and he doesn't know where my newest FP bicycles are now

Kranyar the Mysterious

Wow, how much the OP has to learn. When GBG can give more than 1000 fp each day for an advanced player, and likely at least 12 fp for a low level player who participates to a reasonable degree, with most players falling somewhere in between, the tavern pales in comparison for fp production. Where the tavern shines is in the 24 hour 30% attack boost, and that is used to make GE and GBG even better. GE gives decent fp and troop rewards for low to average players, but where it shines is in diamond rewards. They all have their place.

As to the OP's list... you cannot get blueprints from your tavern. City shield is a complete waste of tavern silver and is for those who don't know how to play, and think loosing a few supplies or coins is a big deal (or even a few fp). Shorten build time and recruiting time is another waste of tavern silver, join a good guild and get a better boost for free. Coin and supply boost are great for fulfilling event quests cheaply, otherwise they pale in comparison to other ways to boost those items. Other than Attack boost, the only other really useful one was completely missed by the OP (but mentioned by Nicholas above) - Extra turn for GE - if you can't battle all the way to the end of level 4 in GE, you can use the boost to negotiate easily to the end and win all those great level 4 rewards. Not occupying space is great, but is your city completely optimized to the point that it really matters?

More functions doesn't necessarily make something more useful. I wish I had more uses for my millions of tavern silver.

And yes, GE is now a building - Look for the 3 mast ship - as are GBG and the settlements above and below.

Kranyar the Mysterious

That tavern should just get deleted since it brought me more trouble more than it helped me. I got some sniper that stalked my tavern who added all my farms and is always competing with me even now so I refreshed my tavern quite a few times until only the safe touch people are the only ones sitting on it. I've never collected tavern silvers ever since and now I'm constantly returning the favor several thousand fold by stealing all of his farms and he doesn't know where my newest FP bicycles are now
How would a sniper stalk your tavern? Did you only empty it once a day before you collect your city, signaling to them that you are ripe for plunder? The tavern should in no way affect people's ability to attack you short of something like that or you using a city shield and them waiting for it to wear off. Just learn to collect on time and a person who defeats your army can't plunder anything. Not collecting your tavern silver just hurts you and will eventually cost you friends that would otherwise motivate your buildings to make them non-plunderable, so hurting yourself even more. And what is a fp bicycle? That just makes no sense.

Plain Red Justice

How would a sniper stalk your tavern? That just makes no sense.
When you click on someone's tavern what do you see? 99% of Americans cannot answer this mind numbingly difficult question

FP bicycles are your modern day Shrines of Knowledge. Once upon a time an ambitious American player thought, hmmm maybe I should make Shrines of Knowledge to get more FP... GBG Checkers is not enough for my needs... but they consume space and only gives 1 (one) FP LOL! who in their right mind would build this waste of space. Using the very boundaries of his intelligence and stretching the limits of his gameplay mechanics, he innovated multitudes of Shrines of Knowledge into one convenient entity, a Friend. A friend doesn't consume city space totally 0x0 in size and you can even talk to it. On good days it can even give you more FPs depending on your persuasion stat like a genie ala Aladdin.

Last edited:

DevaCat

How would a sniper stalk your tavern? Did you only empty it once a day before you collect your city, signaling to them that you are ripe for plunder? The tavern should in no way affect people's ability to attack you short of something like that or you using a city shield and them waiting for it to wear off. Just learn to collect on time and a person who defeats your army can't plunder anything. Not collecting your tavern silver just hurts you and will eventually cost you friends that would otherwise motivate your buildings to make them non-plunderable, so hurting yourself even more. And what is a fp bicycle? That just makes no sense.
A FP bicycle is a sociopath's term for a "friend." A sociopath would not be concerned with losing any friends. After all, it's easy enough to pick up new bicycles.

Kranyar the Mysterious

A FP bicycle is a sociopath's term for a "friend." A sociopath would not be concerned with losing any friends. After all, it's easy enough to pick up new bicycles.
Gotcha. Sounds to me like a way for someone who isn't good at the game, nor maybe real life either, to justify to themselves that they are actually playing this game in a competitive manner :rolleyes:

But hey, whatever floats their boat.

CaptainKirk1234

I think the best all age GB is zeus cause it has the same effect in all ages, this does not mean I think it is overall best GB.

UP ONLINE

I don't get it!! The Tavern IS a aid bluff Building not attached to your city
You gain silver when friends sit down ones a day No one can take your silver
What's this non since to get ride of the Tavern It gives your city a shield no one can attack, and other great bluff's a must GE extra turn in Negotiations
And get way more coins, Supplies
And not called a great building
GREAT BUILDINGS that only upgrade using Forge Points