• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Most recent change to method for completing recurring quests

• Thread starter DeletedUser28297
  • Start date

RazorbackPirate

What didn't make sense?
Change logs, hot fixes, and feedback forums have nothing to do with Inno having an overarching plan for FoE and understanding that vision in a way we never will. You're implication is, "They have bugs, that means they have no plan and no idea what they're doing." Nonsense.

mamboking053

Change logs, hot fixes, and feedback forums have nothing to do with Inno having an overarching plan for FoE and understanding that vision in a way we never will. You're implication is, "They have bugs, that means they have no plan and no idea what they're doing." Nonsense.

That was't my intent. What you wrote seemed to suggest that the things Inno does they have poured a lot of time into and they know the actions that will result from the changes they make because they can see the game in a way us players can never do.

I said that the presence of change logs, hot fixes, and feedback forums means they do not always know what will happen and sometimes adopt a trial and error policy. Often, they will rely on player feedback to point out things that they have missed, or problems with the existing game they have made meaning that they are not gods. They can make mistakes as well.

I'm not sure if there was sarcasm there, but I didn't see any indication of it so I just replied to it.

RazorbackPirate

That was't my intent. What you wrote seemed to suggest that the things Inno does they have poured a lot of time into and they know the actions that will result from the changes they make because they can see the game in a way us players can never do.

I said that the presence of change logs, hot fixes, and feedback forums means they do not always know what will happen and sometimes adopt a trial and error policy. Often, they will rely on player feedback to point out things that they have missed, or problems with the existing game they have made meaning that they are not gods. They can make mistakes as well.

I'm not sure if there was sarcasm there, but I didn't see any indication of it so I just replied to it.
You are in error if you think, especially for the time being discussed, initial release through PE, that there was not an overarching road map and they didn't understand exactly what they were doing with Traz and Plunder along with Chat and RQs. The little 'g' god should have also covered any notion of infallibility. Needing bug fixes, or even the occasional building re-balancing has nothing to do with anything I discussed.

DeletedUser26120

You are in error if you think, especially for the time being discussed, initial release through PE, that there was not an overarching road map and they didn't understand exactly what they were doing with Traz and Plunder along with Chat and RQs. The little 'g' god should have also covered any notion of infallibility. Needing bug fixes, or even the occasional building re-balancing has nothing to do with anything I discussed.
Should keep in mind that FoE lost it's lead developer (and founder) relatively early on so that affected the rest of the game.

Considering it's still going strong 5 years on, I'd say they're doing something right.

Mustapha00

Being that I'm not doing what most players would call "heavy repeatable questing"- on the server I do the most of these, I top out at perhaps 20 per day- I'd say the change is more of an inconvenience than it is any event which makes me reconsider wanting to play the game any longer.

However, were I one of the players who does 200 or more of the RQs each day, yeah all that extra tapping might very well make me reconsider.

RazorbackPirate

Should keep in mind that FoE lost it's lead developer (and founder) relatively early on so that affected the rest of the game.

Considering it's still going strong 5 years on, I'd say they're doing something right.
Doing something right indeed.

I suspect the majority of the game through TE was pretty well mapped out and well documented by the time the game was initially released.

ShadowWarlord

That most probably the reason, there is no GvG after FE. Most of the people that spend money on this game are GvG fighter and they are getting bored.

RazorbackPirate

That most probably the reason, there is no GvG after FE. Most of the people that spend money on this game are GvG fighter and they are getting bored.
The most likely reason there is no GvG after FE is the popularity of mobile. As FoE grows in popularity, a smaller % of it's users can even access GvG. I suspect it's just a matter of time before it is replaced and/or retired. If the majority who spent money on the game fought GvG, you'd see Inno making the investments that show it. I think GvG is on life support.

ShadowWarlord

The most likely reason there is no GvG after FE is the popularity of mobile. As FoE grows in popularity, a smaller % of it's users can even access GvG. I suspect it's just a matter of time before it is replaced and/or retired. If the majority who spent money on the game fought GvG, you'd see Inno making the investments that show it. I think GvG is on life support.
I think they are just trying their luck with mobile users. Non-fighting mobile users rarely (if ever) spend money on this game.

DeletedUser35753

I think they are just trying their luck with mobile users. Non-fighting mobile users rarely (if ever) spend money on this game.

"With revenues up by 24% on the year prior, fuelled primarily by a 62% increase on mobile"

"InnoGames' reported a 15% increase in play time and an additional 13% in daily active users across its entire portfolio. Its flagship titles Forge of Empires and Elvenar saw revenue increases of 36%, with mobile as the main growth drivers."

Quotes from easily findable articles from the past year about innogames.

Mobile game players are way more conditioned to the freemium game model than PC players, I think.

DeletedUser

Most of the people that spend money on this game are GvG fighter and they are getting bored.
Non-fighting mobile users rarely (if ever) spend money on this game.
Two completely unsubstantiated statements that bear no resemblance to fact.
The most likely reason there is no GvG after FE is the popularity of mobile.
I doubt it. There is clearly a time correlation between Anwar's passing and the almost complete abandonment of GvG.
If the majority who spent money on the game fought GvG, you'd see Inno making the investments that show it. I think GvG is on life support.
These two statements are probably correct.

DeletedUser32389

That most probably the reason, there is no GvG after FE
I have my own theory about this. They did the AA map to allow players of all ages to interact, but they haven't introduced ages above FE because it would add to the wealth disparity of the game. Balancing the game between the most powerful guilds and players, and new players, has always been important, but every time they release a new age that balance gets a little tougher. GVG maps above FE would just give the most powerful guilds more territory. This also works to nurf the all powerful Arc because ages above FE produce worthless goods for your treasury. Sure they unlock GE, but that's pennies to GVG campaigns. Higher age players can serve as hitters, but they can't balloon the treasury in a meaningful way. I'm camped in FE to produce goods, but I'll never hit as hard as the VF players.
I think they'll nix GVG because it isn't mobile friendly, and there is no realistic fix for some of the lag issues. I think they'd do it tomorrow if they had something to replace it with. Without a replacement they risk loosing some of the most hardcore players. When you think of site usage stats, I've worked with guilds that babysit Every map, Every night. We had crews working in shifts. May be few players overall, but they do some heavy lifting for Inno

DeletedUser33036

I think what Inno originally intended for the Chat is irrelevant. It is an common for a mechanic to bought to new heights by players beyound its original intent. This should only really be revoked when it is too game breaking (heavy questing hardly ruins anyones game). While it is unclear to me that was infact trying to hinder heavy questing. I think innovative player behavior should be incouraged and not punished

mamboking053

I never said there was no overarching road map... Please stop saying that.

Triopoly Champion

The most recent change (game version 1.136.8828.adb22e (04.10.2018) to the method for completing recurring quests (unbirthday, surprise, etc) is absolute garbage!
1. Players are now required to click 50% more often to complete quests.
2. Relevant information on quest completion capability (coins/supplies remaining vs. coins/supplies needed to complete quests) has been removed from the relevant viewing area, and half of the information needed is grayed out in the default location listing total amounts of coins/supplies making both at-a-glance, and comparing opposite corners of the display more difficult without adding any benefit to usability.
3. The default position for the abort button on these quest types no longer allows players to predetermine responses by using mouse/pointer position (left or right edge of single option quest abort button on previous quests).

In summary, there is NO BENEFIT to the player, 50% more extraneous actions are now required, and the overall effect negatively impacts ease of play.

Revert to the previous method immediately!
Ha! Ha! Inno finally made the changes to challenge the Recurring Quests only players, their continent deposit bonus will be more important now.

Inno should do it the similar way to aim at The Arc Centrists someday, so RFP, DT, And Seed Vault can be more useful, not just Arc, Traz, Inno Tower, CF everywhere. I have RFP in Colonial, so I don't need to do any Recurring Quests at all, over 3,000 of each Colonial goods already.

Last edited: