• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Most recent Pres Debate

DeletedUser1084

How do you feel the most recent debate is going/ has gone?
At the moment the debate is going on but am sure this thread will live past the debate...
What do you think so far...

Once its done..
Is there a clear winner of the debate... or were they even to a degree.

Do you feel they tend to ask the wrong questions?
Do the candidates tend to "spring board" a bit too much rather than answering the question at hand..

I look forward to seeing what you all think so far...

~DA

Liberty

I suppose Obama "won", in that he seemed to out-testosterone Romney and since they both have good hair, which is the other voting criteria that Americans like to use, I will hand it to Obama.

But, on foreign policy, they both seemed to be arguing about who can be the bigger bully. How about no bully at all? That didn't seem to be an option on the table. Truly getting the one-up on the other with foreign policy was pretty difficult, because for the most part, they have the same foreign policy. I found the entire debate pretty disgusting. Only a warmonger like Romney could make it seem like Obama was a peace candidate, which he clearly is not.

As far as questions go, I would have liked to hear Romney explain how he intends to 'encourage' Pakistan to improve their relationship with us. I would have also liked Obama to explain how it was logical to 'transition from two wars to peace' via Libya, Somalia and Yemen..

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Obama has done nothing for 4 years but mess up the Country even more. Time to let someone else get a shot. I don't like his religious beliefs or his "body is a temple" philosophy but I think he has the potential to fix the country. Depends on how hard he works if he gets elected.

I watched the entire debate and it was obvious that Romney tore Obama apart on everything he talked about.

Obama needs to be ousted.

DeletedUser34

Well lookie see who showed back up :p WOOT WOOT!!!

ok, here is my dilemma I still dislike the democratic platform. But lately I have been lectured on every flipping political topic under the sun. I am getting it from all ends, which made me actually pay attention to the Candidates themselves. I still think Romney's plans could work, I still am hopeful for them, but there is a lot of gray areas in what he is offering. Rather than admit the short comings, he seems to have been doing a lot of clouding the issues, double talk, stretching the truth, and just plain almost secretive. I have HUGE issues with secrets and trust and blah blah blah. So when I hear Romney talk, and I hear him embellish or fail to include something key, it makes the hair on the back of my neck go on end.

Romney made a few comments last night that just chapped my hide so bad I was seeing red. It was about education in Mass. He was telling half truths and some flat out lies. Some of what he did do he conveniently didn't even bring up, because it wasn't so kosher. Now I have no problems with bad choices, bad moves, and just dumb politics...but I have a problem when you play games. I have been voting republican straight ticket for many many years. And sadly, I don't believe I will this time. While I don't like Obama, I don't feel like he is blowing smoke up my ass just to win an election. I have huge respect for that. And while I originally was going to vote on republican straight ticket again this election simply based on party doctrine, I have decided, the republicans have also failed me as a voter by allowing Romney to continue with this side show of will we or won't we.

It is like owning a used car. You know about what you are going to have to do with it after running it for a few years. Why trade one sucky used car in for another one, that you can't get a hold of the CarFax on? Nah...I will take my chances.

I still wish I could just vote Pedro.

DeletedUser1084

... Rather than admit the short comings, he seems to have been doing a lot of clouding the issues, double talk, stretching the truth, and just plain almost secretive. I have HUGE issues with secrets and trust and blah blah blah. So when I hear Romney talk, and I hear him embellish or fail to include something key, it makes the hair on the back of my neck go on end.

Romney made a few comments last night that just chapped my hide so bad I was seeing red. It was about education in Mass. He was telling half truths and some flat out lies. Some of what he did do he conveniently didn't even bring up, because it wasn't so kosher. Now I have no problems with bad choices, bad moves, and just dumb politics...but I have a problem when you play games. I have been voting republican straight ticket for many many years. And sadly, I don't believe I will this time. While I don't like Obama, I don't feel like he is blowing smoke up my ass just to win an election. I have huge respect for that. And while I originally was going to vote on republican straight ticket again this election simply based on party doctrine, I have decided, the republicans have also failed me as a voter by allowing Romney to continue with this side show of will we or won't we. ...

I agree with this. I actually had decided not to vote for either, until i too was made to watch more than i ever thought i would. the more i watched the more I disliked the way Romney was playing his game.. I dont like Obama so either but like you said:
While I don't like Obama, I don't feel like he is blowing smoke up my ass just to win an election.

To me Obama seems neutral which could be bad but definitely seems better than whatever Romney is going to do.. which may just be tell anyone anything they want to hear... which seems worse to me. I think Obama's short fall is not what he truelly wants to do but the fact that he is not getting support from the others in government to get it done.

And too.. Hellstromm & Liberty... are you commenting on something else or did i miss a big part of the recent presidential debate?

DeletedUser3

And too.. Hellstromm & Liberty... are you commenting on something else or did i miss a big part of the recent presidential debate?

It was a tangent. I just moved the tangential Somalia, Libya, Yemen discussion to this thread --> click here

Continue... ;)

DeletedUser

I know the feeling. Even though women died for the right to vote in UK I won't be voting again until I am sure the candidate is genuine and will fulfill the party's manifesto. In fact I'm sick to death of politics in the UK. Corruption abounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Mitt's latest gaffe is he keeps repeating Syria is Iran's gateway to the sea. What a moron.

DeletedUser34

I know the feeling. Even though women died for the right to vote in UK I won't be voting again until I am sure the candidate is genuine and will fulfill the party's manifesto. In fact I'm sick to death of politics in the UK. Corruption abounds.
I disagree ABSOLUTELY! You should ALWAYS vote. There is ALWAYS a worse option, so even with two bad, you have to pick one.

DeletedUser1084

Choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil!....

that said... I agree and disagree... Where i am now, physically located, it almost dose not matter if i vote unless i am voting for Romney.
My state will be going for him am positive about it.. if it does not i would be shocked to no end.. not to mention i am not near my polling station..

BUT no candidate ever is completely genuine and fulfills all of a parties "manifesto".., So it would seem you may never vote at that rate. even the "good" ones will say a lot of things but will only be able to do half at best.

~DA

DeletedUser3

Mitt's latest gaffe is he keeps repeating Syria is Iran's gateway to the sea. What a moron.

lol, I missed that gaffe. Besides Syria not even sharing a border with Iran, Iran has 5 times the coastal land, to the Indian Ocean by way of the Persian and Oman Gulfs. I cannot honestly believe that Romney believes this, thus it must be yet another scene where a politician hopes to exploit the voter public's ignorance of geograpghy. Sad...

Kinda reminds me of Fox news' gaffes, such as when they posed a map of the middle east, but forgot to include Isreal:

israel+off+map.jpg

Or when they posed a map of the middle east and placed Egypt in between Iran & Syria, where Iraq is supposed to be (note, this was "during" the Iraq war, doh!):

fox_news_middle_east_map.jpg

DeletedUser

I am one hundred percent going to vote for Obama. I know with out a doubt two things. One he does believe in what he is doing. Two he is not lying and saying anything to get a vote.

Those are two things going for him that no one can take away.

Thanks,

The Crust

DeletedUser3

http://www.gallup.com/poll/158393/viewers-deem-obama-winner-third-debate.aspx

And there it is, Obama clearly won the third debate according to a Gallup poll. In fact, numbers show he did a better job in the third debate than he did in the second, which he also won (according to Gallup poll). So the question now remains, did his two debate wins, along with Biden's debate win, put him over his losses from the lackluster performance that lost him the first debate, or did he merely break even?

Well, the new polls, posed "after" the third debate, are coming out tomorrow and over the ensuing week. *drum roll*

DeletedUser1084

I would have guessed as much but right, does his wins (according to Gallup Poll) out weight his lose.

Even if by the numbers it may seem that Obama may win, once the new polls come out, you have to think that any lose may stick in the minds people. They will still wonder about that first debate... and no answer that comes from Obama's camp is going to change that.

That's the same for any of the flubs and mishaps that each candidate has done thus far.... Despite any polls.

But who do you "Trust" more to do what you think is best... or who do you think will cause more damage to the country. Within their legal bounds.. which is not as strong as some may thing anyway...

~DA

Liberty

I disagree ABSOLUTELY! You should ALWAYS vote. There is ALWAYS a worse option, so even with two bad, you have to pick one.

No you don't. The lesser of 2 evils is still an evil. If you never vote for good, how do you expect that good will occur?

I realize that the corporate-owned media rarely talks of them, nor allows them in the debates, but there really are other people running for office.

- - - Updated - - -

I am one hundred percent going to vote for Obama. I know with out a doubt two things. One he does believe in what he is doing. Two he is not lying and saying anything to get a vote.
Really? Go check who is in his cabinet. It is lined with Goldman Sachs.

Do you know who largely wrote his healthcare bill? Answer: insurance lobby

Don't be fooled. Obama is every bit as much of a corporatist, as is Romney. In fact, William Kristol (leading neocon) prefers Obama. lol. You just can't make this stuff up.

All this election is, is theater. Bread and circuses. We are all tied up on this election, when regardless of which of the 2 is chosen, they will largely do the same thing. America is on its deathbed financially and instead of holding their feet to the fire to seriously address this, they banter on about who can give people the most "stuff".

Last edited:

DeletedUser34

No you don't. The lesser of 2 evils is still an evil. If you never vote for good, how do you expect that good will occur?

I realize that the corporate-owned media rarely talks of them, nor allows them in the debates, but there really are other people running for office.

It is a wasted vote to vote for anyone else, but I do agree with that point. If there is a third party worth a crap, then by all means vote for them. At least you put in your voice. However, I do realize you like to forget to read the previous posts to my post so get lost on the application, but let me help you out. My comment you responded was to someone who was discussing a 2 party election, and they were thinking about NOT voting....

Liberty

It is a wasted vote to vote for anyone else, but I do agree with that point. If there is a third party worth a crap, then by all means vote for them. At least you put in your voice. However, I do realize you like to forget to read the previous posts to my post so get lost on the application, but let me help you out. My comment you responded was to someone who was discussing a 2 party election, and they were thinking about NOT voting....

If there is only evil to vote for, why should someone vote?

There is little to no difference between Obama and Romney in reality. The only difference is in their rhetoric. Both are corporatists (crony-capitalists). That is a 180 degree turn from free market capitalism, which is what we are supposed to have.

rkq6c3.jpg

link

Last edited:

DeletedUser34

Would you rather a broken arm or a broken leg... You get one, but which one can you live with easier?

Liberty

Those are two things going for him that no one can take away.

Thanks,

The Crust

He has lied like a big dog. But, then again, so has Romney.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you rather a broken arm or a broken leg... You get one, but which one can you live with easier?

This lack of rationality is how we got into this mess.

Liberty

knockin on FOX....Don't you have something better to do?

It seems like a worthwhile endeavor. FOX news -- mouthpiece of the neoconservative. Or as I refer to them; the neo-Trots.

Face it, our mass media, which includes FOX, is not the independent media of years ago. It is corporate media, with very little "news". Most of it is comprised of opinion pieces pitched as news and it's all leading us away from what most Americans used to know. Which was what made America unique; what once made us the most free and prosperous nation that the world had ever known. What's worse, we are cheering the propaganda as its flowing at its highest and leading us to our downfall.

So sad.