• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Moving Up HMA to LMA

DeletedUser36430

Hi. I was wondering if I could get some advice about moving between HMA to LMA.

(1) I have 65/45 boost on attack and defend and wonder if I should level up some more before moving up.

(2) What is a reasonable amount of goods for me to take with me (HMA) when I go to LMA?

Thanks in Advance!

DeletedUser31440

Hi. I was wondering if I could get some advice about moving between HMA to LMA.

(1) I have 65/45 boost on attack and defend and wonder if I should level up some more before moving up.

(2) What is a reasonable amount of goods for me to take with me (HMA) when I go to LMA?

Thanks in Advance!

1) Is 64/45 enough to fight through all that you desire in HMA? If yes, then no need to upgrade until you get to LMA and determine if you need more.

2) Enough to be able to unlock all tech, however far on the C-Map you'd like to go, and the rest depends on how you play GE, how active on the guild trade market you are, and whether you just like hoarding stuff.

DeletedUser32328

Make sure you have enough supplies if you're using regular housing for your population.
If I remember correctly I had 700 something thousand. Which was not enough. It allowed me to comfortably research all the essential techs. But once I started upgrading buildings it plummeted big time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32824

I recently went from HMA to LMA and I had previously negotiated all LMA sectors on the continent map. Once I upgraded I cleared all the bonus zone sectors and all colonial sectors using goods. If you go this route you're going to need like 300 of each BA good, 500 of each IA, 1000 of each EMA, 1500 of each HMA, 1000 of each LMA, and around 500 of each colonial good. These are estimates based on my memory.

If you clear all colonial sectors on the C map you will not only get more expansions, but you will be able to go far enough in the story quest to unlock at least 9 colonial troops to use in LMA as well as being able to unlock the second recurring quest slot for LMA.

There are a lot of quests that say "Have 1 academy" etc. Some of these buildings cost 100k coin/supply and I was building them and selling them immediately since I didn't want them in my city. If you are low on supplies/coins I'd leave em to prevent having to build 1 building 3 times.

I'd go into your HMA to LMA with at least 2 million coins and at least 1 mil supplies (although 2mil would ensure you don't get supply locked at any point).

With my lvl 10 CF and the cheap Unbirthday Quest I've probably made like 2 mil supplies in the 2 weeks I've been in LMA.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

My rule of thumb is to have enough coins, supplies, goods, and FPs in inventory to research the next age's entire tech tree, negotiate any undefeated provinces of that age, negotiate all of GE for a month, and rebuild my entire city to the next age's buildings - twice.

Since I take advantage of RQs, I want to be able to run through the Tech Tree, Story and Bonus Quests as quickly as possible to get to the next age's RQs and RQ buildings. Since each age has 3 or more RQs tied to specific production buildings, I want to unlock them quickly, and completely rebuild my entire city with each new building as I unlock it and, if nothing else, mine those RQs for their diamonds. If you need residential, it also means the new age's highest density housing, which is almost always at the end of that age's tech tree.

So for me, going from HMA to LMA, means unlocking and building Cooperages as quick as I can while continuing to sprint to the end of the Tech Tree for Breweries and Apartments. Once Breweries are unlocked, I replace half my Coops with Brews to mine the Coop, Brew combo RQ for diamonds, then replace the rest of the Coops with Brews once the diamonds are in. If I've still got residential, I replace Townhouses with Apartments as quickly as I can make the transition. When I do my complete rebuilds, I buy the 48 hour tavern boost which shaves 50% off the time. I've found the 72 hour boost which shaves 75%, builds so fast, it lasts days longer than the rebuild takes.

HMA troops will easily get through GE 1 and half of GE 2. Beyond that, for the first month, I negotiate the rest of GE to build up a the new age's supply of unattached units of troops.

I have no barracks in my city, so my goal is to not to build any barracks in the new age and to leave any military tech I can unresearched to use for Events later. I also don't wan't to lose any of the previous era's now irreplaceable (without Traz) unattached units while building up the new era's units to fight further into GE and eventually the C-map.

I want to get to the end of the LMA Story Quests quickly also to open the second quest giver slot. Then I'll tackle the Bonus territories so once I'm done I can get rid of the check mark from the uncollected 'Fair Maiden' quest.

So for me, it's about having specific goals to reach in the next age, then stocking up everything I need to get there as quickly as I can, immediately rebuild, and get right back to spinning max RQs to stock up on the goods of the new age and everything I'll need for the next sprint into the next age.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32439

if you negotiate all c map, and all research . you need between 1500 and 2000 hma goods . dont forget you spend lots of HMA goods in research well after HMA.
i always gather 2000 + of any age goods before i move up

RazorbackPirate

if you negotiate all c map, and all research . you need between 1500 and 2000 hma goods . dont forget you spend lots of HMA goods in research well after HMA.
i always gather 2000 + of any age goods before i move up
It takes ~1,250 of each HMA good, in total. to unlock all the research, negotiate all the provinces, and build both HMA GBs. With the ability to trade down at 1 for 2, I've never felt the need to stock up more than what's needed to sprint forward into the next age. Once in the new age, I'll back fill the lower age's goods by trading down the new age goods. One day of CA goods production will produce four days worth of HMA goods. With this power of multiplication. why stay in a lower age any longer than needed to stock up for the push forward?

Time is a commodity too precious to waste sitting in BA churning out thousands of BA goods. When I can take 100 of each LMA good and with a few days trading, have over 1,500 of each BA good. I'm not staying months in BA to make the goods there.