• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Mughal Empire Cultural Settlement Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blayze99

Co-Community Manager
The next cultural settlement that will be implemented into the game has now been announced! You can find the announcement HERE :)

Please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, or questions you have about it.

Just An Observer

Like the building style. The man prize is a space hog so will there be enough benefits to make it worth placing? What era will we need to be in for taking on this Settlement? When will it be released?

Pickleweasel

Like the building style. The man prize is a space hog so will there be enough benefits to make it worth placing? What era will we need to be in for taking on this Settlement? When will it be released?

In the context of the announcement, I suspect that the "main building" is not the reward for your city, but rather the building you start with when you begin the settlement.

TOMHORTONS2006

I have seen many of the same types of questions about the "main building", the 6x9 building shown in the announcement is not actually the new building that comes as a reward for completion, but instead, it is actually the town hall building. For the other questions I have no idea, but I wanted to answer the first one.

MJ Artisan of War

I hope this settlement is open to all ages, as I have finished Japan, most of Vikings, and some Egypt...
Gonna run out of settlements here in lowly Iron Age in a couple months....
No... I won't be aging up multiple ages for Aztecs or this one....
It is not gonna be that great.... I'm pretty sure...

OldeDog

I've got all the main prizes plus 5 Ancient Obelisks from Egypt, . Before the next one I'd like a litle time to get another.

Lothar123

The artwork is beautiful, as usual, but the reference to diplomacy buildings suggests that the settlement will have the same tired "tear down all your buildings, build a bunch of diplomacy buildings, unlock some techs, tear your diplomacy buildings back down, and then rebuild most of the buildings that you just tore down" mechanic from all the other settlements. I'd be more excited if Inno started varying the formula a little more than they have to date.

RazorbackPirate

The artwork is beautiful, as usual, but the reference to diplomacy buildings suggests that the settlement will have the same tired "tear down all your buildings, build a bunch of diplomacy buildings, unlock some techs, tear your diplomacy buildings back down, and then rebuild most of the buildings that you just tore down" mechanic from all the other settlements. I'd be more excited if Inno started varying the formula a little more than they have to date.
While you may choose this method of play, I don't. While there is certainly replacement of buildings as new ones are unlocked, I don't do the build tear down thing as you suggest. It's not the settlement mechanism that dictates that style of play, it is simply the style of play you've chosen.

Other than the mini game, I'm not sure how you switch it up. Settlements will always be about building settlements. Hard to vary that.

It's a grand addition. We already have so many buildings which have a Mughal Imperial look (The Maharajah Palace and associated gardens/towers) Memorial Chaatri, even the drummer school and color guard encampment, that adding any more is perfectly in keeping with the look. An excellent idea, especially for those in the earlier Eras.

dA tRUE nOOB

I was expecting India at some point. It was a given since Maharajah and Elephant Garden (something like that) are always flooding the AD.
Excited most for the minigame and soundtrack, Aztecs settlement has a great soundtrack as does Egypt. Vikings still slaps after years as well!

September*

It would be great if diplomacy was accumulated over time based on your hourly diplomacy buildings complete in your settlement, and that those values were used for unlocking advancements. It's all about time after all.

Lothar123

It would be great if diplomacy was accumulated over time based on your hourly diplomacy buildings complete in your settlement, and that those values were used for unlocking advancements. It's all about time after all.
I like that idea. Having diplomacy be entirely irrelevant to the settlement except for those discrete moments when you unlock a tech or satisfy a quest is a waste of what could be an interesting mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.