• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Multiple rogue hideouts?

Nicholas002

Multiple rogue hideouts could be useful if you want some attached rogues.
Also, if you want to control more easily what traz makes, it could be useful.
for example, if your traz makes 9 units, and you want it to be 6 rogues and 3 champions, you would need to place 2 rogue hideouts and 1 champ retreat.

Super Catanian

If you're active in GvG (PC only, by the way), you can never have enough Rogue Hideouts. Even though the Alcatraz will produce many unattached Rogues by having even a single Hideout, there's really no harm in having several. And, of course, if you are not active in GvG, it would be a good idea to sell them in the AD; they're worth a lot and the Trade Coins and Gemstones will accumulate fast, enabling you to buy powerful Event Buildings when they become available.

P C C

The above answers assume you have Alcatraz built. If you're still accumulating blueprints or are saving space in your city by waiting to build it, then extra rogue hideouts or dens may be very useful. I had several before I built Traz, have been gradually storing them (and selling some plus new ones in AD) but still have 2.

Graviton

for example, if your traz makes 9 units, and you want it to be 6 rogues and 3 champions, you would need to place 2 rogue hideouts and 1 champ retreat.

Pretty sure the Traz' production is more randomized than that. If you have 2 hideouts and 1 champ retreat it will probably make more rogues than champs but I don't think the ratio will be consistent.

Nicholas002

Pretty sure the Traz' production is more randomized than that. If you have 2 hideouts and 1 champ retreat it will probably make more rogues than champs but I don't think the ratio will be consistent.
The ratio would be on average. So eventually it would even out. You're right that it is RNG based, so yeah, it is randomized.
Players have tested it though with speed leveling, and found that the percentages of troops it made were directly related to the number of different kinds of barracks. (I think @Emberguard tested this)

Agent327

The ratio would be on average. So eventually it would even out. You're right that it is RNG based, so yeah, it is randomized.
Players have tested it though with speed leveling, and found that the percentages of troops it made were directly related to the number of different kinds of barracks. (I think @Emberguard tested this)

It is related to the number of barracks, but with a 2 - 1 combo it is very much possible you get more units from the 1 barrack. Just like with everything else, chances don't add up.

Nicholas002

It is related to the number of barracks, but with a 2 - 1 combo it is very much possible you get more units from the 1 barrack. Just like with everything else, chances don't add up.
I know.
You're right that it is RNG based, so yeah, it is randomized.
If you collect traz once, there is quite a high chance to get more of the one-barrack unit.

However, if you collect a level 62 traz every day for a year, you will get around 22,600 units. with a 2:1 barracks combo, the chances of not getting close to a 2:1 ratio of units from 'traz are vanishingly small.

If you collect traz an infinite amount of times, you will get exactly a 2:1 ratio of units.

[EDIT] : (like any RNG based feature)

Agent327

However, if you collect a level 62 traz every day for a year, you will get around 22,600 units. with a 2:1 barracks combo, the chances of not getting close to a 2:1 ratio of units from 'traz are vanishingly small.
If you collect traz an infinite amount of times, you will get exactly a 2:1 ratio of units.

You were talking about a Traz producing 9 units. Since when is that lvl 62?

Nicholas002

I am guessing that was a rhetorical question, so I will not bother to answer it.

9 units, 60 units, infinite units, whatever. they are all theoretical numbers I used to make a point. It really doesn't matter.
the one difference is that the higher the number, the sooner it will even out to an exact % based on the number of barracks you have.

Do I really have to explain RNG to you? I would have thought you would know about that by now.

Agent327

I am guessing that was a rhetorical question, so I will not bother to answer it.

Then why do you?

9 units, 60 units, infinite units, whatever. they are all theoretical numbers I used to make a point. It really doesn't matter.
the one difference is that the higher the number, the sooner it will even out to an exact % based on the number of barracks you have.

Do I really have to explain RNG to you? I would have thought you would know about that by now.

These are your words I reacted to

if your traz makes 9 units, and you want it to be 6 rogues and 3 champions, you would need to place 2 rogue hideouts and 1 champ retreat.

You will not get 6:3 and whatever else you have to say about RNG and a lvl 62 Traz is irrelevant. In the end it will come close, but it never evens out.

No need to respond. I am falling in my old habit, so will leave it at this.

UP ONLINE

like to kill them easy pickings

Nicholas002

Then why do you?
I didn't, but I can now:
It's not.
In the end it will come close, but it never evens out.
Exactly. that is what I said before.
Fact: in the theoretical case of collecting Alcatraz an infinite number of times, you would get exactly the same percentage of units as you have barracks in your city. To argue against this fact would be to expose your ignorance.

Super Catanian

Could you explain what you mean, as to a newboy?
Rogue Hideouts, being Event Buildings, can net a high amount of Trade Coins and Gemstones. GvG is the only situation I can think of where one would want as many Rogues as possible, so, again, if you're not active in GvG, only a few Hideouts/Dens combined with a Traz will supply you a steady amount of Rogues, allowing any spares to be traded. Since the Hideouts generate a lot of Trade Coins and Gemstones from the AD, after a few Events, you'll be swimming in them; you'll be able to use them to buy strong Event Buildings from the AD (both from the daily offers and from auctions) that produce all the valuables (FP, Goods, and Medals).

If there's anything you'd like for me to clear up, don't hesitate to ask.

P C C

Since the Hideouts generate a lot of Trade Coins and Gemstones from the AD, after a few Events, you'll be swimming in them; you'll be able to use them to buy strong Event Buildings from the AD (both from the daily offers and from auctions) that produce all the valuables (FP, Goods, and Medals).
In case Goth A is asking because they don't know what the AD is or how it works, researching Economics in Early Middle Ages unlocks the Antiques Dealer which lets you sell excess items in your inventory, buy fixed price items, and bid on auction items.

Graviton

Fact: in the theoretical case of collecting Alcatraz an infinite number of times, you would get exactly the same percentage of units as you have barracks in your city. To argue against this fact would be to expose your ignorance.

You have infinite number of test cases to prove that? 'Cause I'm betting you don't.

Nicholas002

You have infinite number of test cases to prove that? 'Cause I'm betting you don't.
No, I don't. I just know how probability works, and there is enough evidence to take as fact that Alcatraz makes units based on the the number of different barracks you have.

Emberguard

Hypothetically it'd depend on just how exact you want it to be. Would it matter if it's off by .00001% (< made up number)? Because if you ever got a large amount of troops with an exact number the next collection would throw it off ever so slightly due to it being weighted random.