• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Music: Favorite Genre & Bands/Artists

DeletedUser31856

Huge music fan here, also I love to play guitar and drums. Just curious what you all like to listen to?

My favorite genre is Metal

Favorite Bands/Artists
-----------------------------
Project 86
Demon Hunter
Metallica
U2
Pink Floyd
Becoming The Archetype
August Burns Red
Switchfoot

that's just a few of my top ones

DeletedUser33003

Great thread!

I used to listen to Post-Metal religiously. I've since backed away from the hard, progressive-oriented scene.

Now I listen to a lot of Memphis Soul. Al Green, Otis Redding, Booker T. & MG's, Ann Peebles. There's a whole lot more from the Memphis sound, but those four are a good place to start.

DeletedUser31856

Cool Valhalla ... you definitely have gone in a different direction there :D

DeletedUser33003

Yes, but only on the surface. Truthfully, both genres are very evoking from an emotional standpoint. And that's certainly one of the beauties of music. Depending who you are, and what you are attune to, there are numerous forms of music that can fulfill your needs.

I highly recommend Jakob to any music listener who can stand heavy music: https://jakob.bandcamp.com/

They capture a space almost entirely all their own, and they are truly magnificent, even if they aren't your type of music. But, it's hard to get people to admit it, usually for people's subjectivity when applied to art. To me, listening to Jakob, while they are post-metal, they truly an experience all their own.

DeletedUser6892

I'll check out Jakob. I'm pretty eclectic and open to new music. I don't really watch tv- about 30 mins to an hour a week- but I listen to music constantly so I need new stuff constantly. On one of my worlds I have in my profile that I'll give FPs to anyone who recommends a song- because well FoE players are diverse and someone out there knows a band that will jive with me.