• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

My Arc suddenly dropped from level 52 to 28???

• Thread starter DeletedUser27184
  • Start date

DeletedUser30566

The amount of benefit grows with the amount of FPs invested. From level 1 to 10, you get 2-3% increase per level. From 10 to about 60 you only gain 1% per level. Above that, it's 0.5%. To get to high level you invest thousands and thousands of FPs and for that investment you are rewarded.

I can argue that the benefits provided by a level 164 Zeus is ridiculous or that having a 300% coin boost is equally ridiculous or unfair but the thing is PEOPLE WORK TO GET THERE. and the people that do, KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.
Yep, everyone can do it ... it take time, effort, coordination, friendship, alliances.....to level it that high.... and then enjoy the benefits.... why should it be rethink??!

DeletedUser31382

So, let's review. Sometime about 36 hours ago or so, a ..snip.. Quit holding them to a higher standard than you hold yourselves.

Bravo and thank you for saying what I was thinking. The lack of empathy some people have never ceases to amaze me. It's intriguing in some ways how people tend to simplify things they have no direct experience with.

DeletedUser30566

Contributions did not get restored. I had about 8k fps out on other player's gbs that are not on the gb nor are they back in my inventory.
I agree, what is not taking in consideration here is that players with high Arc level ( or not) were investing tons of fps in first , second or third place at 90% or higher and their investment just vanished because of Inno jumping the gun in an issue that wasn’t one in US server and reseting these GBs........ and they expect us to say .... “thank you buddy to restoring our GBs level “ without addressing this damages caused to players... we are not talking about puny amount here..... tons of fps.... legally earned by daily commitment!!!!!

DeletedUser30566

So, let's review. Sometime about 36 hours ago or so, a whole bunch of GBs lost a lot of levels through some unfortunate occurence. Yesterday Inno, through their channels, communicated both here and in game that they were aware of the problem and working on it. Now they tell you that they have restored the GB levels and are working on how to fix the rest, because they thought it important to do what they could now instead of waiting for a full fix. They have expressed their apologies in each of these communications, if I remember right, and they have also offered help to those who deleted their GBs, in what could only be described as a knee-jerk reaction by those players.

And you're not satisfied? Because you fix every problem that you run across in your life, even the massive ones, immediately? Really? I don't think so. I think Inno has been doing all they can to remedy the situation, and I think their communication about it has been fine. You all are a bunch of whiny babies who couldn't play with your stuffed toys for a few hours. Get over it, and cut Inno some slack. Quit holding them to a higher standard than you hold yourselves.
What you fail to understand here is that yesterday the message was saying that because of misused ( or exploiting a bug ... call it what you want) of a specific GB ( that most of us didn’t even know was existing in first place) our GBs were reseted for a balance of the game....really what balance ?!.... taking something from Peter because Roger cheated du to Paul mistake!!! That’s your conception of fixing problems.... lol
When you jump the gun and make wrong decision there is most of the time consequences in life.... here it’s virtual.... get it ...virtual data .... not compensating the losses is high robbery ... period!!!
And I read the post that said that nothing can be done for that.... then if you are happy to have 1,000 diamonds through at you to compensate ... I am not... it’s like I still you Porsche and I give you a fiat uno in compensation !

qaccy

The amount of benefit grows with the amount of FPs invested. From level 1 to 10, you get 2-3% increase per level. From 10 to about 60 you only gain 1% per level. Above that, it's 0.5%. To get to high level you invest thousands and thousands of FPs and for that investment you are rewarded.

I can argue that the benefits provided by a level 164 Zeus is ridiculous or that having a 300% coin boost is equally ridiculous or unfair but the thing is PEOPLE WORK TO GET THERE. and the people that do, KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Just to reiterate and stress a point someone else made, it's not so much that the Arc's effect is a bad idea, it's that it provides too much. Speaking broadly, the effect should be heavily reduced. 1% per level from 1-10, .5% up until level 58, then .1% per level after that would be a good start. IMO, it should never be possible to claim a spot on a GB with 0 FP and still walk away with more than you spent. This is only possible with the Arc, which means the game is changed at the fundamental level because of it. You can huff and puff 'til you're blue in the face that it requires 'work' to get an Arc levelled, but that's true for every GB and, pound-for-pound, the Arc beats all of them hands-down in terms of what those levels provide. Why do you think so many people prioritize levelling that GB before all others?

DeletedUser9264

IMO, it should never be possible to claim a spot on a GB with 0 FP and still walk away with more than you spent.

You can't claim a spot on a GB for 0 FP's, that doesn't even make sense.

DeletedUser31498

Just to reiterate and stress a point someone else made, it's not so much that the Arc's effect is a bad idea, it's that it provides too much. Speaking broadly, the effect should be heavily reduced. 1% per level from 1-10, .5% up until level 58, then .1% per level after that would be a good start. IMO, it should never be possible to claim a spot on a GB with 0 FP and still walk away with more than you spent. This is only possible with the Arc, which means the game is changed at the fundamental level because of it. You can huff and puff 'til you're blue in the face that it requires 'work' to get an Arc levelled, but that's true for every GB and, pound-for-pound, the Arc beats all of them hands-down in terms of what those levels provide. Why do you think so many people prioritize levelling that GB before all others?

I have a low level Arc, and it does require immense effort to get it to those levels. IMO, the Traz is possibly as powerful. A rogue hideout takes a lot of effort to get, many diamonds to unlock, and a massive amount of time to generate a rogue. A fairly low level Traz gives more rogues than you can use.

Agree Arc is somewhat unique (same can be said for Chateau I suppose, but no one complains about that since its less prevalent?), but saying it's too powerful i dont agree with.

Darkbox

The claiming a spot on a GB with 0 FP is true for EVERY SINGLE GB. For Arc, it starts at around level 36 up to 74 and that's it. Same thing happens with the Artic Orangery, the Cape Canaveral, Alcatraz, Chateau Frontenac, to name a few.

As far as prioritizing goes, I am not sure as many people are prioritizing it as you are stating. I personally started working on mine a few months ago and I can bet with you that the Arc is not the top leveled GB (at least on US servers). I routinely see way more higher Statue of Zeus and Chateau than I see Arc. I am even tempted to bet that there are more higher Statue of Zeus in game than there are Arcs (I am not saying the highest GB of all time is a Statue of Zeus)

Liberty

Spoken by someone who is jealous of the levels of other people's arcs. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser4770

We are aware that some progress was lost with the initial downgrade of the Great Buildings. We however believe that restoring the levels was the most important thing. We apologize for any problems.

Darkbox

I have a low level Arc, and it does require immense effort to get it to those levels. IMO, the Traz is possibly as powerful. A rogue hideout takes a lot of effort to get, many diamonds to unlock, and a massive amount of time to generate a rogue. A fairly low level Traz gives more rogues than you can use.

Agree Arc is somewhat unique (same can be said for Chateau I suppose, but no one complains about that since its less prevalent?), but saying it's too powerful i dont agree with.

Agree with you and, to add a little bit, the same people complaining about the Arcs are complaining about the Alcatraz, the Chateau Frontenac and whining about "fighters" having an advantage over "farmers" etc. I came to the conclusion that the people complaining the most about GB "balance" are the one that do not use them or don't know how to.

Volodya

We are aware that some progress was lost with the initial downgrade of the Great Buildings. We however believe that restoring the levels was the most important thing. We apologize for any problems.

Absolutely, restoring the levels was the biggest immediate issue. I wasn't directly affected by the screw-up, but thanks for doing that on behalf of players who were affected. Going forward though, restoring lost confidence is every bit as crucial as restoring lost levels. Please explain step by step the process that led to this blanket overkill solution to what was at worst a very selective problem. Without that explanation, your assurance that Inno is "taking steps" to prevent a recurrence inspires no confidence at all.

Salsuero

I started my town... my one and only town... a little over a year ago. Before I even made it in a couple months, while still in Iron Age, I could already see what the Arc was about. I personally find sniping one of the aspects of the game that is most enjoyable. I enjoy looking for sniper opportunities and setting myself up to watch for the best time to hit. Sometimes I get a little profit, sometimes (though not as often) I get lucky and walk away with a heavier score. But I knew back then that the Arc would be a goal. I wanted what they had.

So I made it a point to go after it. I worked hard forging friendships and storing up forge points so I could trade for the goods and invest for the blueprints. It was hard work and it took a lot of time. But it was a goal, same as anyone else's goals. If you don't make the Arc your goal, that's on no one but you... and it isn't wrong of you... but you have a different gameplan. So be it.

I built my Arc and decided it needed to get to level 80. I worked hard again finding donors (sure, it's a little easier for the Arc, but not entirely painless). I spent many forge points of my own getting it up to level 10. Again, I had to spend lots of time and forge points to get those extra blueprints to open up more levels. Then I worked out an arrangement with a fellow guildmate to take 1st on each other's levels for half the cost of each level... which was (and still is) a forge point loss for both of us. I'm not up to level 80 yet, but we are both making steady progress.

This is the game. If you don't like strategy, then why are you here? You choose to advance in the tech tree, or build all GBs up equally over time... point farming in GvG... diamond-farming with multiple worlds... Château-ing the heck out of recurring quests... maybe you choose to do nothing... whatever your "strategy" -- you can't fault others for theirs. And some of those take advantage of some pretty "unintended" benefits in my opinion too. But I don't have time for all of that. I chose the Arc because sniping is my fun. The Arc might be slightly overpowered for a select range of levels, but the people who complain about it don't have one high enough to enjoy that benefit. Anyone in this game can enjoy that benefit equally if they work hard enough. Maybe some people work less hard. But don't diminish all of the effort I've spent to get there just because you don't wanna put the effort in yourself.

Last edited:

qaccy

You can't claim a spot on a GB for 0 FP's, that doesn't even make sense.

The claiming a spot on a GB with 0 FP is true for EVERY SINGLE GB. For Arc, it starts at around level 36 up to 74 and that's it. Same thing happens with the Artic Orangery, the Cape Canaveral, Alcatraz, Chateau Frontenac, to name a few.

As far as prioritizing goes, I am not sure as many people are prioritizing it as you are stating. I personally started working on mine a few months ago and I can bet with you that the Arc is not the top leveled GB (at least on US servers). I routinely see way more higher Statue of Zeus and Chateau than I see Arc. I am even tempted to bet that there are more higher Statue of Zeus in game than there are Arcs (I am not saying the highest GB of all time is a Statue of Zeus)

All of you misunderstood what I was saying. You need an Arc in order to claim a spot on a GB that currently has 0 FP on it, and still make a profit or break even. Without an Arc, this is not possible. This again means it's a fundamental change to gameplay on a level not reached by any other GB and why I feel it's long overdue for a rebalance/nerf.

Spoken by someone who is jealous of the levels of other people's arcs. :rolleyes:

I own one myself. What was it you were saying again?

Volodya

All of you misunderstood what I was saying. You need an Arc in order to claim a spot on a GB that currently has 0 FP on it, and still make a profit or break even. Without an Arc, this is not possible. This again means it's a fundamental change to gameplay on a level not reached by any other GB and why I feel it's long overdue for a rebalance/nerf.

I own one myself. What was it you were saying again?
The time for a rebalance was before the Arc went live. How could it ever be done equitably now? How do you propose unwinding the benefits already accrued? As you say, you have one; so do I. "Rebalancing" now just prevents new players from reaping the same benefits as veteran players already have.

DeletedUser23307

Contributions did not get restored. I had about 8k fps out on other player's gbs that are not on the gb nor are they back in my inventory.

You are correct, what I saw was the reward notification for the last level they had chopped it down to.

Salsuero

I feel it's long overdue for a rebalance/nerf.

It's too late for that now. If they did that, they would have a mass exodus of players. I would leave. I've spent tens of thousands of forge points and countless hours leveling my Arc to achieve parity with the 90% owners. If they took that away from me (which they just did on the Oracle of Delphi), it would completely ruin the objective that I worked and continue to work so hard to complete. Also, I would lose all faith in the game in terms of working toward a goal and having that goal changed on me midway there. Nothing would be certain. You can't just change goals on people while they are in the middle of them. Imagine if you were told you could have a job if you studied for 4 years... the job was guaranteed... only half way in, they told you the pay was going to be half of what you were initially told and that you needed 8 years instead. Would you go after the 8 years, anticipating they could tell you it would then take 12 years and again halve your future pay? Not cool.

DeletedUser

If I screw up, I explain exactly how the screw up happened. I definitely don't direct someone else to apologize on my behalf.
Maybe you do. So what. If I screw up, I fix it or let them know I'm working on it. That's all that's required. But no, you want them to take time from actually fixing the problem to detail every step to you so you can...can...what? You are being ridiculous. They fixed part of it and they're working on the other part. That's all you need to know. If you don't believe them, take your PC/phone/tablet and go home. Play with somebody else, who will eventually do the same type thing, and then you'll have to move on again...and again...and again.