• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

My Arc suddenly dropped from level 52 to 28???

• Thread starter DeletedUser27184
  • Start date

DeletedUser23307

Sloppyjoe, thats a fair assumption but nothing that could lead to a conclusion.

If there was a small number of folks doing this they could build and delete an Oracle in a few hrs. Think about the curiosity when folks started seeing the biggest GBs in the world being Oracles? Like I said a smart person would not leave the evidence laying around.

DeletedUser23307

I am just pissed that they have attacked one of my mates in such an extreme manner but did not offer any reason or evidence as to why.

He has been successfully leveling his Arc working with a single focus on it for months and just took a huge setback through no fault of his own because the apparent way to determine guilt is through success.

DeletedUser31392

If there was a small number of folks doing this they could build and delete an Oracle in a few hrs. Think about the curiosity when folks started seeing the biggest GBs in the world being Oracles? Like I said a smart person would not leave the evidence laying around.

That would mean guilty parties though. From what I gather the Community leaders on the French forum were saying it was fine to do such an act, so players naturally went for it not thinking it was an actual exploit.

Truthfully the players that found it should have reported it directly to in-game support to alert the developers and Innostaff before it was blown out of proportion

DeletedUser23307

Thats the thing, like I said before its not for me to judge if it was an exploit or not.

Inno created it and thats the way it was meant to work by their design so tough to say it was cheating.

Thats not the problem though. The problem is their ham handed "FIX" of stripping down any GBs that put on more than some arbitrary number of levels over the last couple of weeks irregardless of any indication it was helped along with the Oracle Debacle.

DeletedUser26965

That would mean guilty parties though. From what I gather the Community leaders on the French forum were saying it was fine to do such an act, so players naturally went for it not thinking it was an actual exploit.

Truthfully the players that found it should have reported it directly to in-game support to alert the developers and Innostaff before it was blown out of proportion
From what I could gather and if I had to guess the CM was just thinking in general terms of using Arc and power leveling for fp's and he/she probably didn't get it at the time that Oracle was paying out much more than any other GB.

DeletedUser23307

As far as deleting the GB after a heavy round of leveling, well that would be smart play in not letting the cat out of the bag to other players int he world. Folks dont go about espousing their best secrets in the game for their enemies to have equal traction with them, let them learn on their own.

If people started seeing a bunch of huge Oracles word would be out quick so the money move would be to work it while you have have 5 donors then kill it until you are ready for another round.

DeletedUser26965

There's only a few hour difference between the update on the US and French and German Servers, I find it highly unlikely that if there were players on the US sever power leveling Oracles they all managed to delete them before forgedb updated whereas all the French and German players did not. Beta only has 1 player with a level 11 Oracle.

DeletedUser23307

Is this thread the extent of the outrage being expressed over this?

Shocking...

DeletedUser31392

From what I could gather and if I had to guess the CM was just thinking in general terms of using Arc and power leveling for fp's and he/she probably didn't get it at the time that Oracle was paying out much more than any other GB.

I suppose that would make more sense. I don’t speak French and Google Translate acts like it’s paraphrasing the actual text (literal lost in translation moment here).

DeletedUser23307

It sounds like the French server had a more open approach, not a big secret sort of thing.

On the US server if only a small number knew about it I could certainly see where keeping it quiet would be desirable. 5 people could do a level a minute easy, maybe faster so there would be no reason to leave it laying around at level 90 especially if you wanted to make sure others did not learn of it.

ForgeDBs update is a snapshot of the server at the moment they gather data so its easy enough for me to imagine that snapshot did not happen during a power leveling session when so few even knew of it.

DeletedUser3882

Is this thread the extent of the outrage being expressed over this?

Shocking...
No... You're not hearing about it because *most* of the players affected with many levels lost have thrown their mobile device through their browser screen taking out both apps simultaneously, gone to go chop trees down barehanded, or otherwise regretfully decided to quit... Frustration is widespread and there are some number who won't wait to see how it shakes out *if* it ever does...

DeletedUser23307

Lol... well I hope more bring their voices forward but I do get you there.

Such stupidity in the handling of a problem such as this is beyond what many are willing to put up with in a game.

DeletedUser31392

It sounds like the French server had a more open approach, not a big secret sort of thing.

On the US server if only a small number knew about it I could certainly see where keeping it quiet would be desirable. 5 people could do a level a minute easy, maybe faster so there would be no reason to leave it laying around at level 90 especially if you wanted to make sure others did not learn of it.

ForgeDBs update is a snapshot of the server at the moment they gather data so its easy enough for me to imagine that snapshot did not happen during a power leveling session when so few even knew of it.

You assume that the parties involved would all agree not to spill the beans. It’s human nature to divulge secrets, especially in a game. You really think all parties would have kept quiet? I find that extremely hard to believe, even if all involved knew each other irl and swore a secrecy blood oath pact to each other not to divulge the secrets.

Someone would have blabbed and it would have spread like wildfire.

DeletedUser3882

It was the same with the Archer nerf years ago, nerf on attack GBs, the Rail Gun, Crystal Villas and so many more new releases that had unintended consequences forcing these after the fact "fixes".

The game goes on. Some won't continue, some are unaware, and some adjust and keep on keepin' on...

spnnr

Its odd if it was whistle blowers bringing this to the games administrators rather than they picking it up early from the monitoring systems within the game ...
iu

DeletedUser31392

It was the same with the Archer nerf years ago, nerf on attack GBs, the Rail Gun, Crystal Villas and so many more new releases that had unintended consequences forcing these after the fact "fixes".

The game goes on. Some won't continue, some are unaware, and some adjust and keep on keepin' on...

With so many issues you’d think they would hire hardcore players on as testers and give them access to a server where they have Sandbox box on and can create any scenario to figure out if the feature is exploitable in Innos eyes or not.

Pay them in Diamonds if you don’t want to shell out real cash. Beta is nice, but this feature was clearly not made available to test for long before implementing across live servers. If this was given a month or 2 on Beta before being implemented I could see players there figuring this out well before a real issue would occur.

So one of two things needs to happen, a paid groups of Sandbox mode testers hat had first grabs at testing features before being sent to live, or figure out a better way to test junk likenthis onnyour Beta server for real before throwing it to the masses.

DeletedUser26965

I don't think there's a single game out there that doesn't go through the same things, sucks when it happens though but not much one can do if you want to keep playing the game but deal with it.

DeletedUser27889

Pay them in Diamonds if you don’t want to shell out real cash. Beta is nice, but this feature was clearly not made available to test for long before implementing across live servers. If this was given a month or 2 on Beta before being implemented I could see players there figuring this out well before a real issue would occur.
Actually it wasn't tested at all. It was released on beta 4.. yes that's 4, days before it was released on live. https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/feedback-your-first-great-building.8106/

Because the quest line occurred at a part of the game prior to where most beta players were, beta players were unable to test it. In fact beta players were hard pressed to get their hands on any BPs of it for some time. I know I, and others in the beta thread brought up how it was a poor idea to release something that received zero testing from the community. In fact my first comment to the US live feedback thread for it was
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...ide-questline-for-new-players-feedback.20180/
I think it's a bad idea to release a quest line and a new GB that couldn't be tested in beta at all.

I'm not psychic or anything, just been through this inno rodeo before.

DeletedUser28077

Happily, my level 38 Arc was unaffected. I can see people who were affected quitting over this, because how can Inno ever really undo the damage? They can restore the missing levels, but will they really track and compensate for every GB payout that was reduced because a level 80 Arc paid a bonus like a level 50? Even if they manage to do that, will they compensate for the fps that weren't paid out and thus couldn't be invested in other GBs? How could they even know what those investments would've been? This seems like a real mess, maybe the worst since I've been playing.

I am glad I decided to quit the game before this became a problem. LOL

DeletedUser31392

Actually it wasn't tested at all. It was released on beta 4.. yes that's 4, days before it was released on live. https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/feedback-your-first-great-building.8106/

Because the quest line occurred at a part of the game prior to where most beta players were, beta players were unable to test it. In fact beta players were hard pressed to get their hands on any BPs of it for some time. I know I, and others in the beta thread brought up how it was a poor idea to release something that received zero testing from the community. In fact my first comment to the US live feedback thread for it was
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...ide-questline-for-new-players-feedback.20180/

I'm not psychic or anything, just been through this inno rodeo before.

Wow... I hadn’t realized it was only a 4 day difference between Beta and Live releases. That’s just insane.

Part of me wants to believe that this was planned from the start. To implement a GB with variables in the GB algorithms that could be abused to such great extent. Then to watch as players dump thousands of FPs and eradicate the FP banks in one fell swoop. Forcing those that worked long an hard to get those big banks to lose it overnight. Which creates a greater imbalance in the game since half the players have their GBs and FPs and half have 1 or 0 of the two.