• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

My Arc suddenly dropped from level 52 to 28???

• Thread starter DeletedUser27184
  • Start date

DeletedUser25166

Hopefully this affected all you Event lovers. Hey, next Event in 6 days, followed by Winter Event.
Yeehaw, also hopefully that “company stooge” qacy got hit too.

DeletedUser29804

anyone's GB fixed yet? mines not... but inno released a special offer sale so everyone can go and spend their $$$

DeletedUser5111

Yeah, I feel pretty insulted by it. My kraken was drop from 60 to 0 and they have the gall to set up a diamond purchase event....

They have 36 hours left to fix this problem or I walk after playing this game for 5 years.

DeletedUser18177

My Kraken was level 85 and the people on that GB are on others that have not been touched by this so called error so I really dont get it. My RFP was level 60 and now its 37 and the only thing they both have in common is they where both power leveled recently.

DeletedUser3882

I take the diamond event as a good thing... Certainly, no one, or not many experienced players are going to provide much support after this. They are banking on newer players not affected or not even aware of the issue to provide a quick revenue boost.

Idk what they call it in Germany at HQ; burden rate, labor rate? Idk...

But it seems they are trying to boost some $$$ to pay overtime to the coding team trying to sort this out... maybe bringing in a team of interns or hiring an outside "white hat" type hacker/contractor... Regardless, I hope this is a signal that they are putting forth some big time effort to sort out a big time gaffe as quickly as possible.

Time will tell...

Volodya

I believe there's a minimum level a GB needs to reach before it get's listed. Looking at mine quickly I'm going to say it's 4. All of mine are shown with the exception of a level 2 RAH.

It's been almost a day of this insanity. I understand not all players were affected, I too am one of the lucky ones. I've been working my Arc slow and steady about 1 level every 2 days and I suppose that wasn't enough to trigger it. But obviously people with high GBs are their most hardcore players. There is no excuse to not have shut the game down when the game is broken for your biggest players.

That shows how much inno values their new casual players over their long term ones.

I feel "lucky" that I've been too busy to spend a lot of time on the game lately. My Arc is in the 30s, solidly within the sweet area for power-leveling, with friends ready to jump on every new level. I could've been one of the players jumping 20 or more levels in a week, without even the faintest whiff of "cheating." (I've never even seen an Oracle.) Instead it's taking me maybe 2-3 days per level, not enough apparently to trigger their ham-fisted algorithm. So instead of quitting in a white-hot rage, I can sit back calmly and dispassionately and decide how many days to give Inno to fix this before I quit anyway.

DeletedUser26131

well nothing new from the developers yet, we still have to pe patient.

DeletedUser10816

That's just ridiculous, over 24 hours now and nothing from Inno yet. Even if someone has exploited this god damn Oracle, whose fault is it? Players' fault or Inno's "intelligent" devs' fault ???

If the bank loses 50 bucks and drops them on the street and someone finds them, whose fault is it? The one who picked them up or the bank's? Answer: neither. It's all other people walking on that street fault. And the greedy bank would now charge us all 1000$ because losing 50 was not "intended"...

I expect nothing less than restoring our GBs to the state they were, including the FPs already donated on current level. And additionally i expect a solid compensation for the huge losses we're suffering.

qaccy

I realize that they r trying to fix this mess but some mssg about their intention would be very nice.. Not sure what to do. Important is that we have new historical quest. I instantly felt much better and I forgo on my lvl.67 Arc, pardon lvl.46. lol.
Hopefully this affected all you Event lovers. Hey, next Event in 6 days, followed by Winter Event.
Yeehaw, also hopefully that “company stooge” qacy got hit too.

The event was coming down the pipeline well before any of this happened, for the record. I was also unaffected by what happened, but thanks for thinking of me @stallion119!

well nothing new from the developers yet, we still have to pe patient.

Pretty much. We know they're aware of what happened, so it's safe to assume that it's being worked on and there's no need for regular status updates just to keep repeating 'we're working on it'. Everyone else, do try to remember that it took them pretty much an entire month to address the Oracle exploit and it's barely been a day since. To be a stick in the mud, this means it could potentially be several days or even weeks before this problem is fixed. The developers only have so much time in a day, and what we think is simple may not actually be so simple or be done as quickly as we think it would be, viewing things from the outside. Again, it took them nearly a month to fix this exploit in the first place because they first had to brainstorm solutions, while being busy working on upcoming content like events, Oceanic Future additions, the newly-released army management improvements, and whatever other things are going on that we haven't seen mention of yet. Unexpected/unforseen issues like what's going on right now, regardless of how incompetent/unqualified you think the dev team is, are going to have to somehow fit into what's already a busy schedule. At least, that's why I think things like this usually take more time than we'd like to get fixed. Waiting feels worse when it's waiting for a bad thing to be addressed versus waiting for something like an exploit to be fixed (since players typically benefit from exploits), but by and large both things typically take about the same amount of time to get fixed.

I think I ended up talking in circles a bunch of there, but sometimes I'm just bad at being brief.

DeletedUser2355

Thankfully , I was not directly affected by this catastrophic failure on Inno's part. But indirectly I have noticed a slow down in contributions to my GB's as others cities have been thrust into shambles due to imbalances created by this issue.

What's really sad? Inno's lack of of customer service commitment to it's players. Fine, things happen, mistakes are made. However, Where is the message assuring players that Inno is working 24 hours day and night to correct this issue? There are seven pages of questions and concerns on this thread so far. Where is the Inno official response to all these posts from it's faithful customers?

I have read on here and heard from so many friends affected that they are ready drop this game. Seems to me some urgent damage control is needed now !

Inno your customers are crying out, hello! Anyone there?

Volodya

The event was coming down the pipeline well before any of this happened, for the record. I was also unaffected by what happened, but thanks for thinking of me @stallion119!

Pretty much. We know they're aware of what happened, so it's safe to assume that it's being worked on and there's no need for regular status updates just to keep repeating 'we're working on it'. Everyone else, do try to remember that it took them pretty much an entire month to address the Oracle exploit and it's barely been a day since. To be a stick in the mud, this means it could potentially be several days or even weeks before this problem is fixed. The developers only have so much time in a day, and what we think is simple may not actually be so simple or be done as quickly as we think it would be, viewing things from the outside. Again, it took them nearly a month to fix this exploit in the first place because they first had to brainstorm solutions, while being busy working on upcoming content like events, Oceanic Future additions, the newly-released army management improvements, and whatever other things are going on that we haven't seen mention of yet. Unexpected/unforseen issues like what's going on right now, regardless of how incompetent/unqualified you think the dev team is, are going to have to somehow fit into what's already a busy schedule. At least, that's why I think things like this usually take more time than we'd like to get fixed. Waiting feels worse when it's waiting for a bad thing to be addressed versus waiting for something like an exploit to be fixed (since players typically benefit from exploits), but by and large both things typically take about the same amount of time to get fixed.

I think I ended up talking in circles a bunch of there, but sometimes I'm just bad at being brief.
In the meantime, while they "work on it," a brief acknowledgement of Inno's culpability in this would be appropriate and welcome; something on the order "we know we've sanctioned innocent game players who did nothing wrong. We promise you all will be made whole again and adequately compensated for this 'inconvenience.'"

Liberty

TO INNO:

I have played this game a long time, have spent one hell of money on it and have not cheated even a tiny amount. Yet, you STOLE about 30 levels from 3 of my Great Buildings and the thousands of forge points that I had put on others' GBs whose levels you also stole.

When in hell are you going to rectify what you did? A progress report would be helpful.

You have discouraged a number of players from even continuing. YOUR CUSTOMERS. So, I ask again. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO RECTIFY YOUR MAJOR SCREW UP AND HOW DO YOU PLAN ON GOING ABOUT DOING IT?

DeletedUser32079

Speaking from personal experience, one of the worst things you can do when there is something like this going on (i.e. some form of customer relations crisis) is to be silent. This isn't 'oops, we deleted an item' or something like that.

This is a mistake that wiped out weeks of work for many people in a poorly thought out solution to a developer screw up. I give Inno credit for responding and saying they are working to fix it, but speaking to what I have heard from friends and guildmates, a continued engagement with the playerbase is needed. People want to know what is going on, what will be done, and when they can expect at least a return to normalcy, if not having the losses inflicted upon them by this mistake accounted for and repaid.

Inno, if you are reading this, please communicate with the players. Silence is not helping the frustration.

ITown

My friends are afraid to even contribute to GBs now out of fear that additional consequences are in the pipeline. Current response isn't remotely adequate.

Inno needs to let people know HOW they plan to fix it so players can adjust accordingly. I'm afraid to do anything with my kraken out of fear that the new progress will be wiped in the "fix".

Volodya

Speaking from personal experience, one of the worst things you can do when there is something like this going on (i.e. some form of customer relations crisis) is to be silent. This isn't 'oops, we deleted an item' or something like that.

This is a mistake that wiped out weeks of work for many people in a poorly thought out solution to a developer screw up. I give Inno credit for responding and saying they are working to fix it, but speaking to what I have heard from friends and guildmates, a continued engagement with the playerbase is needed. People want to know what is going on, what will be done, and when they can expect at least a return to normalcy, if not having the losses inflicted upon them by this mistake accounted for and repaid.

Inno, if you are reading this, please communicate with the players. Silence is not helping the frustration.
Nicely said. Every hour that the current "Dear players" boilerplate message remains as Inno's sole attempt at communication is an hour of dreadful PR they'll never fully get back. It's bemusing how a company as successful as Inno can seemingly not understand PR 101 at all. They should open a dedicated forum thread on this topic and assign a forum mod or better an Inno employee to actively engage on it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser25566

So based on how bad the Inno messed up multiple people and multiple gbs. Has anyone counted the real life money impact to them as this is a fremium game? As I'm sure a lot of the affected people spent money on diamonds in one form or another. Few people I talked with added their losses to be near $90k based on the prices Inno charges for 1fp with diamonds. So they really are taking money out your pocket from what people have spent on this game.

DeletedUser27363

Level 62 Arc went down to level 34. Have lost hundreds of FP, thousands of medals, and lots of prints due to the reduced Arc level...and I'm expecting to lose more if this isn't fixed soon. I'm sure there are others in the same postition. Let's get this fixed ASAP!!!

DeletedUser31592

I believe there's a minimum level a GB needs to reach before it get's listed. Looking at mine quickly I'm going to say it's 4. All of mine are shown with the exception of a level 2 RAH.

It's been almost a day of this insanity. I understand not all players were affected, I too am one of the lucky ones. I've been working my Arc slow and steady about 1 level every 2 days and I suppose that wasn't enough to trigger it. But obviously people with high GBs are their most hardcore players. There is no excuse to not have shut the game down when the game is broken for your biggest players.

That shows how much inno values their new casual players over their long term ones.

That makes sense as to why all of them haven't been on there. The Arc though- it reached level 4 almost immediately after planting. But who knows.
I should check it. They are all over 4 now. My ToR and RAH were below 4, but I worked on them about two weeks ago, so maybe they are listed now.

DeletedUser32065

Inno needs to let people know HOW they plan to fix it so players can adjust accordingly. I'm afraid to do anything with my kraken out of fear that the new progress will be wiped in the "fix".

That's what I feel too. I stoped working in my 4 GBs affected but in the meanwhile I leveled like 4 or 5 levels other GBs. I'm afraid that they put them at the start point before they reset this... :/

DeletedUser31392

Thankfully , I was not directly affected by this catastrophic failure on Inno's part. But indirectly I have noticed a slow down in contributions to my GB's as others cities have been thrust into shambles due to imbalances created by this issue.

What's really sad? Inno's lack of of customer service commitment to it's players. Fine, things happen, mistakes are made. However, Where is the message assuring players that Inno is working 24 hours day and night to correct this issue? There are seven pages of questions and concerns on this thread so far. Where is the Inno official response to all these posts from it's faithful customers?

I have read on here and heard from so many friends affected that they are ready drop this game. Seems to me some urgent damage control is needed now !

Inno your customers are crying out, hello! Anyone there?

Meanwhile on the French Forums their main topic about this has reached 72 pages and counting, in 2 days....

They had a CM comment that devs are working tirelessly on the issue and hope to have a fix soon.