My Chateau Frontenac does not boost quest rewards

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by wjblaney, Jun 12, 2018.

1. wjblaney

wjblaney Member

My Chateau is at level 5 and has not boosted any quest rewards ever, as far as I can tell. If a side quest reward is 38000 coins, for example, the floating icon indicates +38000, instead of +72200 (38000 + the 90% boost at level 5). Am I not doing something or not noticing something I should and has anyone experienced this before?

2. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

Working for me, on browser. Hate to say it but maybe clear your cache and try another browser perhaps, stock reply I know but always worth a shot. If nothing still then File a Support Ticket, see what comes of it, let us know how it turns out

Link: Coins (needs additions)

Without CF (Medium Coin Package):
    coins-without-CF.gif

With CF (Medium Coin Package):
    cf-level.gif
    test.gif

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  3. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

What age are you in? Are you doing Recurring Quests?

What may be confusing you is that the value of the reward shown on the Quest page displays the amount AFTER the % boost has been applied. For instance, doing RQ in LMA, the base amount of the Large Supply Random Reward is 18,000 supplies. With a level 5 Chateau giving a 90% boost, the Quest Reward will display and give 34,200 supplies. It does not display the base amount and then pay out a different, higher amount.

I recommend you go to the Wiki and look up the base values of your rewards. Then you'll be able to confirm the boost is being applied, and the amount displayed and paid out is correct.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  4. wjblaney

wjblaney Member

Yeah, I thought of that after I created the thread but I can't find out what the regular values for the recurring quests (I'm through with the side quests) are supposed to be for someone in the ME. http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Recurring_Quests

5. RazorbackPirate

6. wjblaney

wjblaney Member

Thanks for that and it strengthens your argument that I the reward is boosted before it is won rather than after. You can't argue against the numbers: 20,000 (small coin package) x 90% boost + 20,000 = 38,000 (what I won). You were a big help. ;)

7. RazorbackPirate

The boost is also calculated in real time. Next time you're ready to level your CF, complete a quest and view the boosted reward, but don't collect it. Level your CF and you'll see the value immediately change to reflect the higher boost %.

During the Sacajawea Questline after I'd earned the large medals package for completing the 9th quest. I left it uncollected until I leveled up. The higher boost % added an additional 119 medals to the final reward.

wjblaney likes this.
  8. JCera

JCera Well-Known Member

I frequently sit on a diamond-reward for my Story Quest. I sit and watch it grow as I level up my CF. I watched one for at least 6 months in PME (it required the last couple of techs and I didn't want to age up). Now that I am in CE, it again requires a tech at the end of the tech tree and pays diamonds. Since I plan on staying in CE as long as I possibly can while still accomplishing what I want to in certain events, it is going to be there for a looonnngggg time. Maybe by then my CF will be way up there (like 80-100 range) and it will be worth a whole lot more diamonds. I'm going to start power-leveling it as soon as I get my population issues sorted out (and the last few awful levels of my Arc done- the 70s are miserable!) I can take it into the 30s, I believe, with the prints I have now. (Currently at 19)

9. ODragon

ODragon Well-Known Member

I did the same thing. The IA diamond quest is what got me to get my CF (in CA). Payment went from 30 to 87 diamonds. Still sitting on it though as I'm not ready to move to IA and finishing the quest would just open ones I can't do so I sit and gain more diamonds!