1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.156

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

My recurring quest disappeared and I can not it back....

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by duvie23, Nov 22, 2017.

1. duvie23

duvie23 New Member

I am in P-world. I am in Colonial era, but pushed into the Industrial era on the map. This incident occurred last week I think on Wednesday....I completed a recurring quest I do a lot...collect 100,000 coins...open collecting reward it jumped to being a story quest. Now I have (2) story quest and one bonus quest. I have tried solving the bonus quest to see if the recurring pops back up and no luck...I cleared we browser history and no luck...

WTH!!! I have Chateau and I was probably doing about 15 recurring quest a day and counted for around 50 goods a day, forge packs and medals...big part of my game play....

Are there any ideas what this is?

2. JCera

JCera Well-Known Member

Your bonus quest line should be abortable. Abort until you get back to recurring. This will happen every time you age up, and occasionally when certain techs are unlocked or provinces are conquered.

3. Mek2

Mek2 Active Member

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/ina-pe-quest-question.19877/

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...nent-map-progress-and-recurring-quests.16568/

Check out those threads and you should find your answers.

What probably happened was you went too far into the IndA map and triggered the Bonus Area Questline. This takes up 1 of the Recurring slots. Your other slot should still be Recurring or possibly Side quest.

Can you take a screenshot of your quest window so we can assist you further? If you do indeed have 2 Story quests active there’s a bug and needs to be reported, but screenshots are the easiest way for us to let you know what’s going on.

Oh and @JCera Bonus Quests can’t be aborted they have to be completed in the order they are given. You might be thinking of Side Quests (and from what I understand some of those are unabortable) ;)

4. JCera

JCera Well-Known Member

You have got them flip-flopped. Side quests, to my knowledge, are always abortable. Or at least the vast majority of the time. I can't think of one that isn't.
    Bonus quests are abortable sometimes. Not all of the time, but some of the time.
    For example: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Life_or_Death, http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeon_or_Death_Sentence, http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Your_Choice!, http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Choose!, etc...

OP- What quest exactly are you on? It should have a title. I am guessing you are stuck in the LMA Bonus questline. Unfortunately, it is the longest bonus questline there is with 35 quests. And only a few are abortable.

5. Mek2

Mek2 Active Member

My apologies, I sworn the reverse was true, but my mind has been pretty foggy the past few days.

I’m also thinking they are possibly on the IndA Bonus Quests vs the LMA ones since they had mentioned pushing into the IndA map. I would hope not since that would lock them out of having both recurring quests until they get into IndA (since from what I understand those ones are not abortable and require some IndA techs to complete out the line to get back the 2nd RQ slot)

Definitely need more information for anyone to be able to assist here :)

6. duvie23

duvie23 New Member

How do you add a screenshot? I dont have a site to post images for the url link...

I do have (2) Bonus quest and one story quest....I use to have 1 of each and then the recurring quest...none of them are abortable

7. Mek2

Mek2 Active Member

Imgur is a free site you can use :) There are plenty others out there as well that offer free membership.

8. JCera

JCera Well-Known Member

OP- What quest exactly are you on? It should have a title. I am guessing you are stuck in the LMA Bonus questline. Unfortunately, it is the longest bonus questline there is with 35 quests. And only a few are abortable.

9. duvie23

duvie23 New Member

here are the screen snaps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. duvie23

duvie23 New Member

obviously I am not in the industrial era yet, so I am at a standstill completing the story quest or the bonus quest (Fast attack)....I have already completed one of the "preemptive strike" ones thinking it would maybe bring the recurring quest back and it did not...just opened this next one which needs me to acquire more provinces I have to trade up CA goods to Industrial Age goods to complete..

I have in the past moved into the next area on continent map so I could unlock expansion packs...never had this happen and I have like 6 cities...

Also was hoping that perhaps when the Rosa Parks quest ended it would fix this and it did not...

11. Mek2

Mek2 Active Member

Well there’s good news and bad news for you... Good news is it looks like the “Fast Attack!” Quest is in the LMA Bonus Questline, and completing it will return to side/recurring quests.

Bad news... the “Preemptive Strike” Quest is part of the IndA Bonus Quests and you can go so far with it but when you reach http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_Propaganda you are required to complete a Tech with a Cultural Building, and after that the final Quest in the line, http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Ruler_of_the_Continent, you are required to complete the Tech “Modern Roads” which is in Industrial Age. That locks you out of the 2nd Recurring Quest Slot until you finish that Bonus Quest.

Also for future reference for yourself, check out the pages I have linked earlier in this thread and read through to find out how to avoid triggering the IndA Bonus Quests. :) This post.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  12. JCera

JCera Well-Known Member

Fast Attack is 29 out of 36, and since it is LMA, it shouldn't take too long for you to clear out that Bonus questline.

But, as Mek2 said, you are going to be stuck looking at the Preemptive Strike questline until you age up to Industrial.

13. duvie23

duvie23 New Member

Yeah....It came back...I finished the LMA bonus quest and picked up like 120+ diamonds on the last 2 quest and then the recurring popped back up...I am set now thanks

Mek2 likes this.
  14. Gshover01

Gshover01 New Member

I’ve been reading up on some old threads to try and find some answers, but now I need some help.

I’m currently in HMA.

I lost my reoccurring quests because I went too far on the continent map (industrial age)

I’m trying to figure out how to get reoccurring quests back.

If I advance into LMA and complete the story quests will that automatically switch over to reoccurring quests?

My bonus quest is tied into Industrial Age so I am stuck there, but is it possible for me to open up a 2nd reoccurring quest while in LMA?

I appreciate any feedback you can provide!!!

15. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

See my response in the other thread.