• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Napoleon Bonaparte Questline Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser8646

Too many quests. Too close together. It is nice the building will have an attack boost.

DeletedUser29623

Too many quests. Too close together. It is nice the building will have an attack boost.

I disagree. The quests keep things interesting and give more active players new stuff to do and try for. Don't do them if you don't like them, but many of us enjoy the and the Daily Challenges.

Graviton

I disagree. The quests keep things interesting and give more active players new stuff to do and try for. Don't do them if you don't like them, but many of us enjoy the and the Daily Challenges.

Indeed, it's about prioritization. Many of the complaints I've seen over the past few weeks boil down to: "I can't do everything," and/or, "I can't do everything with a 100% guarantee of success." I haven't done a DC since Carnival started. I'll pick them up again tomorrow. I can usually keep up with them during a historical questline, as those aren't as involved nor difficult as full-blown Events.

DeletedUser29623

One exception would be acquiring sectors. I actually managed to double up the quest requirement with a DC in one city, though I ordinarily refuse to acquire sectors for DCs

DeletedUser30312

Who the hell really cares about a Napoleon face added to the numerous ones everyone has already.

I do, it shows my neighbors what they can expect from me:

sl_vakt_by_manulacanette-d967wht.jpg

Of course, I didn't really bother with the Carnival, so I'm not suffering too much from event fatigue here.

cassady420

For this quest: Quest 5: "Scout a province OR Solve 16 encounters in the Guild Expedition"
Will it auto complete if GE is already completed? Or will I be forced to scout?
Thanks!

DeletedUser

For this quest: Quest 5: "Scout a province OR Solve 16 encounters in the Guild Expedition"
Will it auto complete if GE is already completed? Or will I be forced to scout?
Thanks!
Since it's an "or" quest, I would bet you will have to scout. But I wouldn't bet much, 'cause I could be wrong.

DeletedUser31592

Since it's an "or" quest, I would bet you will have to scout. But I wouldn't bet much, 'cause I could be wrong.
This has been my assumption as well, which is why I've held off on GE. I do not have barracks in any of my cities, so I will need GE to complete the recruit troops quest as well- another reason I've held back. (I realize Quest 3 will require me to build barracks, but they will immediately be deleted. Much quicker to use GE to recruit troops)

Darth Mole

I like the idea of learning about history. Looking forward to the story and challenges it brings.
You'll not learn too much history I'm afraid.
All you need to know is Napoleon got thumped by the British (primarily) at Waterloo in 1815

grandmaster ubero

The event prize (Royal Marble Gateway) do take into account that u have harder enemy units in later ages by a higher attack bonus (boost). :)
U will get higher boost for later ages (10% max for Oceanic). This is a smaller Checkmate square.

In response to X-Drive's comment about lack of buildings for city defense:

I would not use Deal Castle, if you do, u need to reserv alot of land for it :(, and once u get to higher medals expansions (100K or more) the medals u get from it will be insufficient even if u level it very high, also take into account you have to put in alot of resouces to level it higher wich could be used for better GBs such as Alcatraz a.k.a. "Traz", the Arc or even Zeus or for defense St Basils Cathedral.

St Basils Cathedral is the best GB for city defense IMO. Its cheap and quick to build:), you can get it with ease in the older ages like iron age or middle ages trading for the goods or even buy them cheap with FP if u dont want to wait in the early stages of your city.

It also is much smaller than GB's with similar boost like Deal Castle. It will just get better as you level it to LV10. After that the boost gets alot less / level and leveling it is not worth it as much as the cost of leveling soars and the benefits dwindle, this goes for alot of GBs, except Chateau Frontenac and the Arc for instance wich gets massivly better at higher levels than lower levels (why this is so, i dont have time and room to explain here).

Defending units with a high defense is not worth much (i heard of cities breached even with 200% or 300 % defense boost) unless you can retaliate/counterattack against any attacker:mad: when beeing attacked and hurt them sufficiently to either kill them and /or hurt them so much it will effectivly discourage them from attacking you again and possible even lose some or all battles when attacking you .
Wich means you need to boost BOTH your defensive army attack and defense not just the attack boost or the enemy will just eat you counters and take some damage but kill all your units anyway.

Also rotating the best defensive units of your era is also an underestimated tactic in making it harder and more costly for anyone to attack your city.

Collecting on time every day will be noticed by many attackers and take away the rewards and some wont bother unless they can gain battle points and they wont if they lose to often or to much when attacking your city.

If you apply all these things (high St Basils Cathedral and higher as u progress ages, strategy, collect on time, extra defenses using special things such as watcfires) you will have a very effective defense.
Can it still be beaten ? Sure, but less often than a poor defense.

The aim of a good city defense isnt to totally prevent or stop all attacks or beeing plundered ever, the aim is to make it so difficult as posisble to make that happening so rare it has no bearing or impact on your game operation or joy of progressing in the game.

This is why St Basils Cathedral is the best GB for city defense as it boost both attack and defense stats of your defending units of your city but uses alot less space and is cheaper to build than Deal Castle that do same thing except for the medals.;)
This defense unit attack and defend boost also applies to units you place in GvG when defending sectors and also gives guild a boost in guild support pool, so its good for guild also. On top of that it also gives out some coin wich can be used always for something good, like more FP for instance.:)

I also suggest add some watchfires they have superb boost for their tiny size and can easily fill in "dead" spots or areas between, behind buildings so to utilize every possible sq. of your city.

Last edited:

Volodya

The event prize (Royal Marble Gateway) do take into account that u have harder enemy units in later ages by a higher attack bonus (boost). :)
U will get higher boost for later ages (10% max for Oceanic). This is a smaller Checkmate square.

In response to X-Drive's comment about lack of buildings for city defense:

I would not use Deal Castle, if you do, u need to reserv alot of land for it :(, and once u get to higher medals expansions (100K or more) the medals u get from it will be insufficient even if u level it very high, also take into account you have to put in alot of resouces to level it higher wich could be used for better GBs such as Alcatraz a.k.a. "Traz", the Arc or even Zeus or for defense St Basils Cathedral.

St Basils Cathedral is the best GB for city defense IMO. Its cheap and quick to build:), you can get it with ease in the older ages like iron age or middle ages trading for the goods or even buy them cheap with FP if u dont want to wait in the early stages of your city.

I'm ambiguous about Deal and have considered deleting mine (Level 13) more than once. So far I've kept it because the Fierce Resistance function provided by Deal and St. Basil is available in no other way. The defense boost provided by those two GBs is considerably more valuable than an equivalent % of watchfires and ritual flames, although I have more than my share of those as well.

Algona

Might be the best Historical Event yet?

Went into this Event no spoilers. Finished 10 of 11 Quests in main in 45 minutes, just waitng on the final Quest.

Untimed good Quest Line with alternate costs and scaled nicely with Era.

Good final Prize. the Store Building is good glad to see they are continuing that.. Expensive in FPs, but hey, we all have lots in Inventory?

88 Diamonds so far, srill 8 Quests to go between the two cities.

Only problem I saw was with the Solve 16 GE Encounters. It autocompleted for the city I had already finished lvl 4. However in the other city I had fnished lvl 3 and haf not started lvl 4 and it did not autocomplete, Bug? If not a bug is that reasonable? I can live with it, had launched a Scout yesterday for other reasons.

Good Historical Event. And judging by the new splash screen we will be seeing lots more of these. Keep it up INNO.

DeletedUser29623

I'm curious how people feel about the Arctic Orangery as a defense building. It would work for defensive troops, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

ODragon

After starting, the only comment/complaint I can give (and relatively minor) was starting with supply collection can be an issue. If all of your supplies are on 24 hours and come in late in the day, you've essentially wasted most of the day waiting for them. In that way, I wish I had planned better but at the same time, I just spammed recurring quests until I had enough.

I'm unsure why these quests are:
-Ordered at all. Just put them all out there and let us work on them in the manner that is most efficient to our city set up. Let us cycle though them like we do recurring quests.
-Not made public (in game, not offsite wiki/beta) before the event.

DeletedUser30312

Well that was easy. I just need to finish up those 4 hour productions at the end, and I'm done. GE was the next biggest hump, but I got lucky and won 8 extra encounters as I went through it, so I didn't even have to spend medals to race through it.

Time to retire the Caesar avatar. And on March 15 no less, how appropriate.

DeletedUser6892

One of the best if not the best historical questline so far. I really appreciated being able to donate goods to the treasury that were from any era so I could donate the goods my guilds actually needed. That's been one of my biggest peeves from past questlines. Just being able to look at the treasury and see what was lacking and fill in the holes and have that count towards the event was a major improvement over past events and the daily chest quests. I haven't seen my little Napoleon riding around my city yet but I haven't really looked for him either. The FP reqs were pretty high and I did run through FP packs but I don't mind that so much. I could've waited for hourly and daily collections but I knew my weekend was going to be busy and I wouldn't have time to devote to an event so running through FP packs was my choice. I feel like this questline was more accommodating to players with busy schedules which is important for shorter duration events. Following the stressful carnivale event this was a nice change of pace. I like my Gateway too though I think the happiness should be higher. I'm just happy that the attack boost is decent and it's small, not a set, not upgradeable. Again it's a nice change of pace.

DeletedUser29623

Nearly done, and looking forward to welcoming Boney to my two cities. I got 50 diamonds from one of the quests — thank you, Château Frontenac! I also really appreciate the flexibility of the guild donations. I donated goods from the age above my own because I’m camping and have an Obs and an Arc. My guild has more Colonial goods that it can ever use. But guildies who chose to move up have struggled to get the goods to open GE level 4. It’s not a problem for me, as I’ll always have time and CA goods to trade for more.