• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Need a mentor / someone to ask questions

Emberguard

If I have the opportunity to trade BA goods 1:1 for the goods required to place Saint Basil's Cathedral should I use those then to trade for IA Goods or should I place SBC?
If someone gives you the goods for free for a expressed purpose then you should use it for that purpose. It was gifted to you with that in mind

If you’re buying a goods package then it’s yours to do with as you wish, but they’re probably going to wonder why you didn’t use it for a SBC if you stated you would.

You could always ask them if they would mind if you used the goods for a different purpose as you believe it’d help you more

Beer Guy

This was a purchase that I made in a guild market place. All of these LMA goods I paid for with BA goods 1:1. there was not any agreement on how to use them.
I know this was a hell of a deal and I dont want to waste them.
My question was what would the best use of these goods be?

Algona

Find one person to work with. As I recommended earlier, find someone in your world of Arv. Someone you can work with in game.

The reason it is important to find one person to work with?

There are a lot of alternate ways to play this game, there is seldom only one right answer.

However there are certain play styles that do conflict. The problem arises when you have multiple advisers telling you different things, they can conflict and counteract with each other.

As an example, should you build SBC?

Good players disagree on this. Some folk like the GB and building city defenses, others do not. That argument has been going on for years, it really is a matter of personal preference. This thread could easily go a few dozen posts with folk arguing the pro and cons of SBC.

You should evaluate the aspects of the game you like and dislike, then explain that to whoever you want to work with as a mentor.

Once you do find that mentor they'll be able to help you answer such questions to your satisfaction.

Emberguard

there was not any agreement on how to use them.
Then it’s upto you on how you use them.

I don’t care about the SBC so for me personally I’d find more value in trading down. But I’m also not playing your city. I don’t know how often you get plundered or if you would find repelling attackers fun or what you value most.

Find one person to work with. As I recommended earlier, find someone in your world of Arv. Someone you can work with in game
This is good advice.

Beorn Bear

Hi,
I have been playing for about 4 weeks or so using the Glarg method.
It seems to have been fairly successful but I need someone to be able to go to for questions.

Currently I have
400k coin, 30k supplies, 70FPs, 300-400 BA goods each, TOB lvl4, Zues lvl5 6 othe GBs have full BPs and many more that I need 1 or 2.
I have not been very successful in fighting and need to work on that i know.

First question is - How do I know when it is time to move to IA?
Second - Can I continue using Glarg to gain goods and BPs in IA?

Thanks
As others have said, you should ignore Plain Red Justice.

You need to find another guild. Your guild has been around at least two years and is only level 15. That is an excellent sign that you will get no guidance there. (It has over 100 GE finishes in its record, so it's been around for at least that many weeks.)