• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Need help on diamond farms

UmbraTorracat

So I'm thinking of setting up my first diamond farming city in the near future, since there's bound to be an event coming up sooner or later. Does anyone know where I can find some good guides for this? Something efficient with lots of information, ideally up to date and easy to understand step-by-step. I'm not an advanced player by any means, I only have one city that I recently advanced to HMA. All I know is that there are different kinds of diamond farms and different ways to progress through the game when setting things up. I'm also not sure what world I should pick, or if world selection even matters.

Honestly I feel overwhelmed because there's so many ways to do a diamond farm, and if I'm gonna do this I want to make a diamond farm that's both efficient and suits my playstyle. Once I'm used to things I'll consider making advanced farms and even more farms in other worlds. But for now I need help getting into the basics. Any diamonds are better than no diamonds, and the longer I wait, the less diamonds I'll have. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Agent327

You want a diamond farm that suits your playstyle. Nobody here knows your playstyle and there is more than one way to set up a farm. There is no step-by-step guide. All you can do is go through the many threads on the subject and look for the info you need.

UmbraTorracat

You want a diamond farm that suits your playstyle. Nobody here knows your playstyle and there is more than one way to set up a farm. There is no step-by-step guide. All you can do is go through the many threads on the subject and look for the info you need.
Then would you care to explain the different types of diamond farms? Furthermore, saying there is no step-by-step method of creating a diamond farm is objectively false. And most of the threads I've seen here are old and don't cover enough. You didn't even bother linking anything despite being confident that all the information is readily available, efficient and up-to-date. You're not being very helpful. Information needs to be properly documented and accessible, one should not need to sift through an ocean of junk just to find what they're looking for. If you didn't plan on helping, why did you reply?

Agent327

Again, nobody here knows your playstyle, so nobody can give advise suited to your playsyle.

If saying there is no step-by-step method of creating a diamond farm is objectively false then you must know where to find that guide. I don't.

Stay Rita

I can think of a few ways the first is just going for wells and stock piling them in your city this is the causal way. The 2nd wayis staying in IA and building goods and troops but also leveling your gbs to level 10 (zues, coa,cdm,traz, and ta) play GE 4 every week. The 3rd way is to get up into a high enough age where you can get troops 3 4 ages ahead to farm GBG for diamonds and fps. Hope this helps :)

Kranyar the Mysterious

Diamond farms can be simple collection cities filled with Wishing Wells, Fountains of Youth, Crow's Nests, or other diamond producing buildings. These are the least time consuming to play, since you show up, collect, dump your fp into a great building, then leave.

Diamond farms can be cities set up to excel at level 4 of GE which is where most free diamonds can be obtained. You either need lots of goods for negotiations (usually through goods buildings or recurring quests with a leveled Chateau) or enough combat bonus to successfully fight all the way through (usually via great buildings or event buildings that give attack bonus).

Diamonds are also obtained via recurring quests (once per recurring quest per era), GBG battles, incident collections, etc.

How you want to approach it is up to you. Do you keep your city as lean as possible or do you add any non-necessary buildings or whatever that may help make things easier even if you don't have to have them? The choice is yours!

Algona

Unsolicited advice, make of it what you will.

Don't build a Diamond Farm.

Focus on developing your city. Stop advancing in Age: instead work on developing capabilities to do DCs, Events, Farming RQs, GE, and GBG. Learn to acquire and level GBs.

Once you've done that, you'll know how to "make a diamond farm that's both efficient and suits my playstyle."

And possibly find you don't need one.

My reasoning is in the spoiler.

I'm thinking of setting up my first diamond farming city in the near future...

...I'm not an advanced player by any means, I only have one city that I recently advanced to HMA....

...Honestly I feel overwhelmed because there's so many ways to do a diamond farm, and if I'm gonna do this I want to make a diamond farm that's both efficient and suits my playstyle...

...But for now I need help getting into the basics...

...Any diamonds are better than no diamonds, and the longer I wait, the less diamonds I'll have. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

INNO provides multiple ways to garner free Diamonds. Each of those ways require the knowledge and developing the capabilities to exploit an aspect of the game.

You've played less then a month, have less then a hundred fights, already in HMA. That last is both a remarkable achievement and the worst mistake a new player can make because the game gets harder to play as you advance in Era.

You don't have the knowledge needed to develope the capabilities needed to "make a diamond farm that's both efficient and suits my playstyle."

-----------

Since there are different ways to get Diamonds in game, there are different versions of Diamond Farms.

The fist substantive paragraph in an effective easy to follow Guide to rapidly developing a Diamond Farm that is anything but a poorly developed city with a handful of WWs is going to be:

The first thing you need to know is how to build a city capable of 1)doing all DCs; 2) completing every Event, 3) farming Quests, 4) completing GE every week; 5) going deep in GBG on a daily basis.

In other words, you gotta know how to play the game to build a decent Diamond Fatm.

Once any player knows how to build a city tjat can do all five of those aspects described in the italicized paragraph they'll know how to build Diamond Farms that suit their needs.

Since the knowledge of how to build a good Diamond Farm rests solely on understanding how to build a good city, writing a "Guide on how to Build a Diamond Farm" would essentially be a guide on building a good city.

And that's why there are no good specific Guides on Building Diamond Farms.

As I said, unsolicited advice, make of it what you will.

Good luck, welcome to the game and the forum.