• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Need new ways of getting expansion rewards.

• Thread starter DeletedUser22361
  • Start date

DeletedUser22361

At certain points you get stuck in the game levels because you have no land expansions to grow. We need some more ways to earn or get land expansions. Or being able to have a building that produces expansion points.

DeletedUser29407

-1. Forge of Empires is called a strategy game for a reason. You have to plan and try to be as space efficient as possible. It seems to me your current strategy is not a good one. I would advise trying to do things differently.

Lucifer1904

Please place this in the proper format. This allows proposals to be more easily implemented. For now this will be moved to the forge hall for discussion. You may gain some valuable feedback on your idea there. You can find a link to the proposal guidelines in my signature.

This has been proposed before.

Freshmeboy

There are expansion "points", so to speak AgentAlpha...it's the medals you can earn for contributing to other players' GB's. Very helpful to own an arc to get the higher expansions but it happens rapidly when you own one. Medals in pvp towers and Colliseum and watchtowers will help at the beginning but you need to donate to high level GB's over time to get the upper echelon expansions...good luck

Jools1956

Yes, it is a strategy game but be realistic. Have you seen the “winter village” coming up? What buildings are YOU going to remove to make room for this? At least three to four grids. At some point all the new event buildings will not fit. IMO the original expansion plans did not take all this into consideration. I for one will not remove my planned GB’s etc. for these. Another event to sit out.

Freshmeboy

Most of these event buildings have eliminated the need for space in my city for such mundane things as housing, supply buildings, goods buildings while providing me with extra fps and goods from ALL categories of my age. I trade less and still have all the goods I need all due to event buildings. They are powerful, more powerful than my tech can create..need to keep this in mind when designing your city. Just how far would you have progressed without them..?

Jools1956

Not far you are correct. I personally am in HMA, deciding to stay there and build and level up 6 GB’s. Some that take almost two grids. Fall event yielded 1 wishing well, caravansary, bazaar, SOK, victory towers and drummer school. All keepers I feel. Wish I could get rid of houses-can’t yet. Need population. Need space for good relics from TOR. (Lots more in inventory). One storage unit being saved. Halloween item in inventory. Maybe my city isn’t as shoved together as it could be but isn‘t part of the game to create a good city? I get that you vets like to say to plan better. But even you have to admit that there are more events with more buildings to fit in the same space. If not you’re kidding yourselves.

DeletedUser26965

Not far you are correct. I personally am in HMA, deciding to stay there and build and level up 6 GB’s. Some that take almost two grids. Fall event yielded 1 wishing well, caravansary, bazaar, SOK, victory towers and drummer school. All keepers I feel. Wish I could get rid of houses-can’t yet. Need population. Need space for good relics from TOR. (Lots more in inventory). One storage unit being saved. Halloween item in inventory. Maybe my city isn’t as shoved together as it could be but isn‘t part of the game to create a good city? I get that you vets like to say to plan better. But even you have to admit that there are more events with more buildings to fit in the same space. If not you’re kidding yourselves.
They just added two more expansions. I agree they keep adding more buildings to the game and that puts more pressure on which just means more pressure to make more choices. I deleted 8 GB's when getting to OF, kept 11 GB's and really the only special buildings I have are 13 SoK's, 1 RH, 1 CR, 1 HoF and Checkmate Square. So it's just choice, move up through the ages to get more space to build more stuff or sit in an early age and gather stuff until one day you do move up to get more space but even then you still will be faced with making choices. Can't have everything in the game or else it's just a sandbox, loses all value and gets boring.

Jools1956

Agreed. I am happy with my strategy and my plan. I sit out events by choice - doing the quests and going as far as I can within my plan. I am not in a rush. Just get riled up when someone gives the pat answer “plan better”.

DeletedUser13838

By staying in HMA you are costing yourself the chance to pick up additional expansions in the tech tree - that is the trade off you're making. Plus, I don't know how far you advanced on the continent map but you can grab expansions in the LMA map and beyond and perhaps get LMA troops to win more medals in pvp to gain victory expansions faster.and advance further in GE to gain additional diamonds for premium expansions if you haven't bought them yet.

Jools1956

By staying in HMA you are costing yourself the chance to pick up additional expansions in the tech tree - that is the trade off you're making. Plus, I don't know how far you advanced on the continent map but you can grab expansions in the LMA map and beyond and perhaps get LMA troops to win more medals in pvp to gain victory expansions faster.and advance further in GE to gain additional diamonds for premium expansions if you haven't bought them yet.
You are absolutely correct. I am right on the edge, going to move up in a week or so. I've already negotiated one expansion on the continent map and know what goods buildings I will need for LMA. Besides, sitting here leveling GB's is getting a bit tedious! But, it's paying off. Actually seven GB's I've got all up to level six. Worth the time spent.

DeletedUser22361

Or another possibility is that give the option to rotate and move buildings that would fit better

Lucifer1904

Technically this proposal was DNSL in the first place but I will leave it for discussion since I did not catch it before.

DeletedUser8428

Agreed. I am happy with my strategy and my plan. I sit out events by choice - doing the quests and going as far as I can within my plan. I am not in a rush. Just get riled up when someone gives the pat answer “plan better”.

"Plan better" isn't a pat answer - it's the best answer. As multiple players have pointed out in this and other threads, this game is about constantly adjusting your city and BTW, no. " Maybe my city isn’t as shoved together as it could be but isn‘t part of the game to create a good city?". This isn't a city-building game, so building an attractive city or one that has an equal number of anything is not the point. The point is to squeeze is as much of what you have to have to keep moving forward. For heaven's sake, don't waste valuable real estate on having a "good" city.

Lucifer1904

do not suggest is do not suggest.......it doesn't say unless a mod misses it. :confused:. Perhaps you should consult that nice community manager guy on what to do with DNSL threads. :p
It is in the forge hall now which is used for discussion. Technically now I have no reason to close it.

Salsuero

I personally am in HMA

I'm in HMA and I can guarantee my town is much larger than yours because of medal expansions. That's all you need to focus on if you are unwilling to climb the tech tree or progress on the continent map.

1 wishing well, caravansary, bazaar, SOK, victory towers and drummer school.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one!

Just get riled up when someone gives the pat answer “plan better”.

But that's probably the "best" answer.