• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Negotiantions

BigBrian614

Please show us the tracked results then
If negotiations were not worth 2 points in BG, I would not do them at all. I try to do the first 5, (after 5 it is 2 goods per guess) unless I don't have the option because as I stated before, I never do a 6 good negotiation.

Emberguard

the 50/50/90 rule is supposed to be a joke but it is not when it comes to negotiation. it is almost always (way more than 90%) the good you did not choose when it comes down to a 50/50 chance on the last turn. You don't need much tracking to figure that one out.
That's not been my experience. More importantly what method are you using for that 50/50? Are you randomizing your choice on top of the 50/50 random? Or are you removing some of the randomness by having a method of what to do for that 50/50?

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

I no longer have it, I did it months ago on a notebook I discarded.
How convenient. And I used to have a signed document from Inno's CEO that stated all the real and true secret percentages in every FoE game mechanism...but I also discarded it. o_O
When I get time (sorry, I work full time) I will do it again but probably won't discuss it here.
Yeah, and I can lift that SUV in the driveway, but I can only do it if you're not looking. :rolleyes:
There doesn't seem to be any adults here who can have a friendly discussion about a game without name calling.
Show us some proof of your ridiculous claims and I for one will take it back. Barring that, you are still a troll. And an adult wouldn't claim to have proof and then use a variation of "my dog ate my homework" to explain why they couldn't show it.
Look, can I be wrong? Sure but I'm not calling anybody names who disagree with me.
Not only can be wrong...you are wrong. Just too stubborn to admit it. And that's giving you the benefit of the doubt, because it is also possible that you're not smart enough to realize that you're wrong.

wolfhoundtoo

the 50/50/90 rule is supposed to be a joke but it is not when it comes to negotiation. it is almost always (way more than 90%) the good you did not choose when it comes down to a 50/50 chance on the last turn. You don't need much tracking to figure that one out.

You are right you don't need much tracking to figure that out. And there's a group of players here that can tell you for sure (as in they've done enough negotiations) to know that what you are saying is not true. What you are actually describing is that you simply remember that ratio which is a pretty common thing. Most people remember when something they don't like happens far more than what they like. You'll notice while people disagreed with you there were no 'name calling' as you put it until you posted what was surely a lie. You haven't tracked it or if you did you didn't track it in a manner that would allow you to actually know the results.

If you actually want to talk about how to track it or get better then try simply asking that instead of claiming a scam.

P.S. I repeat for you again "the entire game is meant to separate players from their money (i.e. diamonds)". That's how they designed it so they don't need to cheat to get you to do it. People won't want to 'lose' or start over on negotiations or simply really want that reward. But that's a player's choice not a requirement and there's plenty of techniques to play the game and build your city to afford to be able to redo negotiations. They just take some time to implement. If you don't want to do it in the forums look for a guild that will be willing to help you learn and help you grow (note the 'and' as those are NOT the same things) in the game.

Savvy187

Don't bet what you can't afford to lose. I abort any negotiation that presents me with 4 or more different goods unless at least 1 of the 4 is a correct good. Getting 4 of the 5 goods correct on the first turn will also be an abort, unless I feel like gambling. 50/50 on the last turn seems to be just that, moreso than a lot of the percentages in this game. When you solve a negotiation on one tile in GBG, it resets all the negotiations on the rest of the tiles, this is how you can avoid negotiations with 6 different goods. Inno's strategy to get people to spend diamonds is to slow players down as much as possible, and they use all kinds of different tactics to manipulate the players into saving time by spending diamonds. This game is playing the players at least as much as the players are it.

Lord Pest

when it gets to a 50 50 choice I do the same thing. Either always pick the good you have the least of or always pick the good you have the most of. If you do that every time you will either be right 50% of the time or you will see a trend where it is picking the other good. If that is the case Switch the rule you are using to the other rule.

Ebeondi Asi

I rarely Negotiate. I hate the task. I never do the Quests with 8 or 10 choices and nine of each good. MY favorites are the GE first four on level one where if I win a SC reward i am very happy. LOL (I actually waste a lot of SC charges. since I do not negotiate every day. )
I do not worry about spending diamonds in a Negotiation. so no real problems.. I despise doing Negotiations in opening GbG. (trying to 'be in a hurry" and Negotiating just do not work for me. )

Pickleweasel

The only thing I detest about negotiations is that (in GE at least . . . no clue about elsewhere) they can request special goods (promethium, orichalcum, etc.) but those special goods are never rewarded in GE chests or from GE relics. I simply won't use special goods in negotiations since they aren't overflowing for me yet, but beside that I never have any issues negotiating all four levels of GE weekly. It does require logic, paying attention, and strategy, depending upon how many possible goods are in the negotiation, but it is not that difficult.

BigBrian614

That's not been my experience. More importantly what method are you using for that 50/50? Are you randomizing your choice on top of the 50/50 random? Or are you removing some of the randomness by having a method of what to do for that 50/50?
I was choosing the good that I had the least of which was advise from awhile back

If on your first guess on a five goods negotiation you get 1 right and 4 wrong person you give up?? Well that is crazy because all you have to figure out is the correct person for the other four. You know what goods to use and all you have to do is switch two and two. Usually you will have at least two more correct and by the third turn you will just switch the two wrong ones and win. It is just logic and common sense that help with negotiations. It's not a scam I negotiate all the time and never spend diamonds. Also make sure you have current era goods to use for negotiations. Then you wont have to pay diamonds for goods you don't have. BTW it's a game... have fun! Don't whine and accuse people of scamming you it's very childish and wrong.