• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Negotiate or Fight

DeletedUser40546

So in actuality there is no correct answer to it. We just need to find the right people or should we say the most advanced players and ask them specific questions based on how their cities are designed.

DeletedUser40546

Within that lies your hard data to the answer to the original question you asked.

Agent327

Sorry, you are both wrong. There is a player who can complete the most successful battles and there is a player who can complete the most successful negotiations. There is also a best trader and a best fighter from the people who will read this post who could give us some helpful HARD DATA (how many advances they completed this season, how many rewards they received, how much time it took, etc.). The problem is we have so many arrogant well-known-long-time-know-it-all players who have nothing better to do than go around and clutter up and shoot down legitimate questions that most of the good answers will get pushed down to a later page. Do us all a favor and hold your peace already so we can hear from someone who understands the goal of the question and can give some helpful info.

So go ask them if they exist according to you.

Only one here to clutter up a thread is you, by breaking in on a thread with questions that can not be answered.

CF leveled high enough to turn it into a "perpetual rq machine"

Do you have any idea when that will happen? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Loren1979

So in actuality there is no correct answer to it.
Wrong. Are you not understanding my previous explanation? I am looking for player statistics, specifically top players who read this post statistics. Anyone who considers themself a top player, or has done this research before, could post those numbers. Those statistics are available and that is the answer I am looking for. It's not your question, and if you don't understand, or want to understand what I am looking for, then its not your place to say it is unavailable.
We just need to find the right people or should we say the most advanced players and ask them specific questions based on how their cities are designed.
Exactly, and this forum should be a place where someone could come to, to find those people.

Loren1979

So go ask them if they exist according to you.
Of course they exist. That much is obvious. Their must be a top 100, a top 10, and a top fighter or trader. I'm here to find them and see what their numbers are.
Only one here to clutter up a thread is you, by breaking in on a thread with questions that can not be answered.
My questions are in line with the OP. You might not be able to answer them, but there are others who can (and have) provided me with helpful numbers.
Do you have any idea when that will happen? :rolleyes:
Of course - totally attainable in some ages, other ages, not so much. Would you like me to post the link so you can know too?:)

Last edited:

Agent327

Of course they exist. That much is obvious. Their must be a top 100, a top 10, and a top fighter or trader. I'm here to find them and see what their numbers are.

If they exist, shouldn't you use available data? Such as the number of players on the forum and in the game?

My questions are in line with the OP. You might not be able to answer them, but there are others who can (and have) provided me with helpful numbers.

They are not in line with the OP. You are breaking in on the thread and to top it off, you start a new one as well. That is blatantly rude.

Of course - totally attainable in some ages, other ages, not so much. Would you like me to post the link so you can know too?:)

Sure. Would love to see it.

Just for my clarification: You are saying that negotiations produce more points than battles in GE?

You can read, can't you? Or should I now say there are to many irrational predators on forums like this to be able to profitably share anything.

Loren1979

They are not in line with the OP. You are breaking in on the thread and to top it off, you start a new one as well. That is blatantly rude.
Let's let the OP author decide that; if they think my original comment is counterproductive to their thread I will delete it along with all my replies. If they think you who are arguing whether my question is answerable or not is counterproductive, then you delete your comments. If they think both are; then we both delete our comments. Fair enough? I'm just here to participate in helpful discussion and if the OP owner doesn't think I am being helpful I am respectful enough to leave. Are you able to do the same?
Sure. Would love to see it.
You will need to google it. Forum rules do not allow me to post the link here.
You can read, can't you? Or should I now say there are to many irrational predators on forums like this to be able to profitably share anything.
I read your comment; It's not as clear as it could be. Just wanted to make sure that you are referring to negotiations in the first phrase. Also, wanted to let you know that I found something you posted to be helpful. I have no problem acknowledging a sensible answer wherever it comes from even if it is someone who is harassing me otherwise. ... It's ok, you don't have to be helpful, if you don't want to:)

Last edited:

Agent327

Let's let the OP author decide that; if they think my original comment is counterproductive to their thread I will delete it along with all my replies. If they think you who are arguing whether my question is answerable or not is counterproductive, then you delete your comments. If they think both are; then we both delete our comments. Fair enough? I'm just here to participate in helpful discussion and if the OP owner doesn't think I am being helpful I am respectful enough to leave. Are you able to do the same?

Fair enough when you started a new thread anyhow? You have a strange conception about what is fair or how to handle yourself on a forum.

I read your comment; It's not as clear as it could be. Just wanted to make sure that you are referring to negotiations in the first phrase. Also, wanted to let you know that I found something you posted to be helpful. I have no problem acknowledging a sensible answer wherever it comes from even if it is someone who is harassing me otherwise. ... It's ok, you don't have to be helpful, if you don't want to:)

Harrassing you? You really have a very high opinion of yourself.

Kranyar the Mysterious

So it's looking to me like you are thinking that you might be able to use your Chateau to do an unlimited number of GBG encounters, probably in tandem with other perpetual Chateau's, and potentially lock up the whole map very quickly.

I have 2 Chateaus that are perpetual motion machines. I can tell you from experience that while negotiating in GBG this way is powerful, it is unlikely you would do more than a sector per person per day. I have tried, and it is long, tedious and boring. And doing so means you need to replenish your goods with lots of UBQ's, which both take time, and are boring in their own right.

Prior age good were the deciding factor at first before I learned how to play the GBG negotiating game, and they still are in my main world guild where the sectors change over in a matter of minutes. You simply can't negotiate fast enough in an active battleground to matter.

In my guild that is in platinum league, things are a bit different, but not substantially so. Since things move a bit slower, I can do a lot more negotiations, more along the lines of 4 battles to 1 negotiation than the 1:20 ratio I see in my diamond guild.

I do have a fairly high Chateau in a third guild in gold league, not near perpetual status yet, or even quite perpetual for all practical purposes status, but there things move very slowly, and I can definitely take a sector a day by myself using only negotiations. There I can open battles on about 6-8 provinces, and switch back and forth taking only current era negotiations, thereby reducing my need for prior age goods. This is a valid tactic there.

If this is what you are considering, I would think you need to ask yourself what league you want to end up in. If you are fine with the lowly gold rewards, then a bunch of perpetual motion Chateaus will likely do great, at least until you lock up all the available sectors, and you have to wait and hope some of the other guilds take sectors back, so you can battle there again.

In a very active battleground, this will simply not be a viable strategy. You will get your backside handed to you very fast, and find yourself locked to your home sector sitting in last place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loren1979

So it's looking to me like you are thinking that you might be able to use your Chateau to do an unlimited number of GBG encounters, probably in tandem with other perpetual Chateau's, and potentially lock up the whole map very quickly.

I have 2 Chateaus that are perpetual motion machines. I can tell you from experience that while negotiating in GBG this way is powerful, it is unlikely you would do more than a sector per person per day. I have tried, and it is long, tedious and boring. And doing so means you need to replenish your goods with lots of UBQ's, which both take time, and are boring in their own right.

Prior age good were the deciding factor at first before I learned how to play the GBG negotiating game, and they still are in my main world guild where the sectors change over in a matter of minutes. You simply can't negotiate fast enough in an active battleground to matter.

In my guild that is in platinum league, things are a bit different, but not substantially so. Since things move a bit slower, I can do a lot more negotiations, more along the lines of 4 battles to 1 negotiation than the 1:20 ratio I see in my diamond guild.

I do have a fairly high Chateau in a third guild in gold league, not near perpetual status yet, or even quite perpetual for all practical purposes status, but there things move very slowly, and I can definitely take a sector a day by myself using only negotiations. There I can open battles on about 6-8 provinces, and switch back and forth taking only current era negotiations, thereby reducing my need for prior age goods. This is a valid tactic there.

If this is what you are considering, I would think you need to ask yourself what league you want to end up in. If you are fine with the lowly gold rewards, then a bunch of perpetual motion Chateaus will likely do great, at least until you lock up all the available sectors, and you have to wait and hope some of the other guilds take sectors back, so you can battle there again.

In a very active battleground, this will simply not be a viable strategy. You will get your backside handed to you very fast, and find yourself locked to your home sector sitting in last place.
I don't have the time for all that. I am still in the ages that have small goods buildings so I negotiate with what I produce there. Not counting normal rq with CF, my city puts out around 750 goods per day (no goods GBs), current and previous age. I am able to almost keep up with the fighters in my platinum guild. I can't foresee that continuing after CA with the larger buildings, for sure not with double roads and refined goods. I only shuffle the negotiations to eliminate the 6 good type negotiations. So far i have not had trouble getting previous age goods by trading down. Like I said before, though, at equal advancement, negotiations do not pull as many rewards as battles do.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I don't have the time for all that. I am still in the ages that have small goods buildings so I negotiate with what I produce there. Not counting normal rq with CF, my city puts out around 750 goods per day (no goods GBs), current and previous age. I am able to almost keep up with the fighters in my platinum guild. I can't foresee that continuing after CA with the larger buildings, for sure not with double roads and refined goods. I only shuffle the negotiations to eliminate the 6 good type negotiations. So far i have not had trouble getting previous age goods by trading down. Like I said before, though, at equal advancement, negotiations do not pull as many rewards as battles do.
If you are only using a small amount of goods per day like that, then yes that works.

Often when negotiating in GBG I use several thousand of each good in a day. That gets harder to keep ahead of, even with a high level Chateau and lots of UBQ's. Makes switching up your negotiations to stay in current age good negotiations more important too. I am lucky if I can trade for more than 5k to 10k prior age goods per week. The market doesn't seem to bear more than that for me, between my hoodies, and guildmates who need those goods themselves for GBG.

Jern2017

I only fight in GBG. I find negotiations boring and my city doesn't produce any goods, except for some event buildings.

I'm not very active in GBG, but I average 7-900 fights per season.

One member of my guild had over 7k fights in one season, which I thought was impressive.

Lankybrit

I have this very question and searched the forum and got here. I've been a negotiator on Brisgard and am now in Industrial Era. I'm finding it a pain to keep up with goods though. They are used for Continent map, tech tree, GE, and GBG. The previous era goods therefore get really thin very quickly. Current era are not so bad because of all the GBs and Special buildings I have that give goods. I have Statue of Zeus now. Is it time to switch to fighting for at least GBG and GE? I could get rid of tons of goods buildings and get Cathedral of Achen built and build lots more barracks. Turn it into a sort of combo Negotiating/Fighting city. What do you think?

BruteForceAttack

I have this very question and searched the forum and got here. I've been a negotiator on Brisgard and am now in Industrial Era. I'm finding it a pain to keep up with goods though. They are used for Continent map, tech tree, GE, and GBG. The previous era goods therefore get really thin very quickly. Current era are not so bad because of all the GBs and Special buildings I have that give goods. I have Statue of Zeus now. Is it time to switch to fighting for at least GBG and GE? I could get rid of tons of goods buildings and get Cathedral of Achen built and build lots more barracks. Turn it into a sort of combo Negotiating/Fighting city. What do you think?

We if you negotiate, then in GbG you have to pick your encounters so that you spend mainly current age goods. However fighting is easy once you have the tools, which is gbs that give you to some attack/defense. Lucky you are still in Indy age, once you reach Modern you need previous age goods to make current age goods... so you will end up in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep endless pit to keep up with goods requirement. Goods buildings also attract plundering...making goods via rq's also require lot of effort. It is way easy to fight just start working on zeus, coa. cdm, get a traz and rouge hideout. Dont worry about Karken/AO/TA gbs for now...just get zeus/coa/cdm/traz to atleast level 11...before you try advanced gbs... Another point in fighting is to use right army combination..most of the time each era has some fav's army...

Algona

What do you think?

get zeus/coa/cdm/traz to atleast level 11...before you try advanced gbs

Agreed with BruteForceAttack. Once you get those up to lvl 11 you should be able to fight most if not all of GE as well as do a fair amount of fighting iin GBG.

I'd also recommend you not advance in Era until you do. That will take some time, but as you've found out as you move up in Era GE gets tougher.

Acquiring and leveling those GBs will take some time, but as your fighting capability goes up you'll earn more treasures speeding up the leveling process.

Good luck!