• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Negotiating Nonsense

Ebeondi Asi

One point is the Joker pays well if you have a high level CF. otherwise it is called joker for a good reason. you were warned in advance. LOL
I have read various rants over the 'Negotiations' this one ranks with the best.
And this is just a game. Think what Negotiations would be like playing "Mafia"
And Monopoly? I won every time for a long time, until other players wised up and copied my style of play. None of them were ever able to beat me at Scrabble.

UP ONLINE

for 1 you do get something for using your goods Your points go up
And in GE use the tavern bluff to gain an extra turn
But in GBG I do hate it Hard to get throw it without using Diamonds
better if they made it to pay a Random amount of goods for an extra turn

ArnoldZiffel333

for 1 you do get something for using your goods Your points go up
And in GE use the tavern bluff to gain an extra turn
But in GBG I do hate it Hard to get throw it without using Diamonds
better if they made it to pay a Random amount of goods for an extra turn

And how would that buy food for the game developers?

Dominator - X

Again, I don't understand an OP's posting. Negotiation is part of the game from the very beginning. The game forces you to do negotiations in one way or the other. If you don't like negotiating and you don't want to learn how to do it effectively, why not just quit playing the game rather than come onto the forum and demanding that it be changed? The same with the settlements -- I don't always finish them on time. I have never finished a Vikings settlement on time. Do I come in here and demand that the game be changed so that I can get all of the goodies despite the fact that I haven't played the game effectively enough? Of course not.

I have never won a Monopoly game either -- everyone seems to eventually beat me. Have I written to Hasbro (I think that's who makes Monopoly) and demanded they change the game? Nope - I just don't play Monopoly.
Have you seriously never won a Monopoly game?

The Lady Redneck

I cannot understand what the fuss is about. Negotiations very seldom HAVE to be done.
I get Between 2000 - 2500 fights in GBG every season and never negotiate.
I fight all levels of GE every week and never negotiate, unless a side quest asks for GE negotiations and I do not like the alternative it gives. If I do have to I use the extra turn from the Tavern. And only very rarely need to spend diamonds.
In Feudal Japan I look at what I need then see what is on offer. If there is something there that I need I will negotiate for it then dismiss the rest. the negotiations in Feudal Japan are so easy you do not need more than 3 tries to win them anyway.
That is one of the great things about this game. You can ignore a lot of what you do not like. I do not like settlements. I do not do them any longer. but I do not get upset and freak out because I can still see the boat sitting there. I am not expecting INNO to remove all trace of them because I do not like them.

Lord Pest

Negotiating is Inno’s version of the game Mastermind. Think of negotiating as a puzzle for you to solve. Think of it as a fun challenge. I only negotiate if a quest or daily challenge asks for it but I used to negotiate all GE 64. Negotiating GE is more fun than autofighting GE and I do miss doing it. But I save a lot of goods not doing it. As others have said… don’t spend diamonds for that extra turn. Use your diamonds for expansion squares when you age up.

plinker2

Right now in Beta, you can get extra rewards for "x - number" of battles and for negotiaton" just relax and wait and see what happens

DevaCat

Honestly that looks like a cut and paste from your guild treasury. I'm in a top guild on our server and our guilds numbers look like that. No reason to stock that many goods. Donate those to your treasury if you are serious.
If your guild treasury numbers look like RP’s screenshot then it is seriously under stocked and/or you’re overestimating the level of your guild.

67Sage101

If your guild treasury numbers look like RP’s screenshot then it is seriously under stocked and/or you’re overestimating the level of your guild.
The anti flex.....oh it's a lowly guild...thanks for clarifying. I'm so much better off knowing.

Algona

Honestly that looks like a cut and paste from your guild treasury.

Accusing a player of lying?

I look forward to your apology.

...No reason to stock that many goods. Donate those to your treasury if you are serious.

Not sure I'd dictate to a player with years experience how to play the game.

Leastwise not until I had years of experience under my belt as well.

Nope, not even then.

I'd ask RP about it and hopefully learn something cool, like how to earn hundreds of thousands of Goods. That I'm sure you'll be all excited to donate to your Guild Treasury.

You've already decided there is no reason to stockpile Goods, right?

I won't ask RP either, seein' as how I've got hundreds of thousands of Goods in all three of my cities as well.

Crazy stupid players playing the game the way they want, what's to learn from them?

The anti flex

Now, now. You been runnin' 'round since you got to this forum spewin' bile at long time posters.

Don't seem right for you to be doin' that and then get pissy when someone calls you to task.

You got a right fine Guild and they do a wonderful job, but do you think there is a chance they may not hold all possible wisdom when it comes to running a Guild Treasury?

It's not like you've ever managed a Guild Treasury, right? All you know is what your Guild Leadership, the ones who do the majority of GBG fighting, tell you.

Especially if they indoctrinated you to the point where you think the only option for excess Goods is donating them to the Guild Treasury.

Nope, don't reckon you are in any place to be telling proven players how to play the game or accusing others of lying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Pest

That players goods numbers look normal to me. One of my checkpoints to when I can age up is to have at least 30k of each good in my inventory. For FE I had just over 60k of each good. Looks like a well planned and healthy goods inventory that will serve Razorback well going forward.

Rurikal

Where is the guide to doing negotiations? A large percentage of the dailies now include a negotiation. As a fairly new player, the amounts requested are a sizable hardship for gambling. The net result is that I can't do dailies. Seems like the dailies should help the newbies more than the established players.

Aethelcatt VIII

Where is the guide to doing negotiations? A large percentage of the dailies now include a negotiation. As a fairly new player, the amounts requested are a sizable hardship for gambling. The net result is that I can't do dailies. Seems like the dailies should help the newbies more than the established players.
You don't have to do all the dailies. I routinely ignore any dailies with "complex negotiations" that require 9 or 10 goods per shot, especially when the reward is a 20% chance at a fragment of a shrine of knowledge or a wishing well, or some lame cultural building/decoration that nobody needs or wants.

UBERhelp1

There is a guide on this forum... but it's really complicated and is waaaaaaaay too technical to be practical.

I do think that negotiating in Battlegrounds should have an extra turn option, like the Guild Expedition does. When there are 6 possible goods, it is very unlikely that one can successfully negotiate without spending Diamonds or repeating the negotiation 3 or more times, until the solution has less possible number of goods. Oh, btw, when a negotiation fails, and the pop-up comes up about the Diamonds, it totally blocks the player's view of the negotiation, and a player can't really evaluate whether paying the Diamonds is a good option.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I do think that negotiating in Battlegrounds should have an extra turn option, like the Guild Expedition does. When there are 6 possible goods, it is very unlikely that one can successfully negotiate without spending Diamonds or repeating the negotiation 3 or more times, until the solution has less possible number of goods. Oh, btw, when a negotiation fails, and the pop-up comes up about the Diamonds, it totally blocks the player's view of the negotiation, and a player can't really evaluate whether paying the Diamonds is a good option.
The offshoot of getting your desire would be getting 10 good negotiations in GBG like you currently do in GE.

You sure you want that?

I sure don't, since I can do 6 good negotiations without a tavern boost, but I can't do 10 good negotiations without one, and my tavern boost slot is normally already taken by a 24 hour attack boost.

I much prefer negotiating in BGs than in GE. I don't need to negotiate to get through GE. But I do need to negotiate because of my diplomatic rewards opportunities, and negotiating in BGs is great for high attrition targets.