• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Negotiation Game Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Let us hear your thoughts about the new Negotiation Game for Guild Expeditions.
We are interested in hearing what you have to say!

Your Forge of Empires Team

Algona

This looks really good! The only thing I saw that seems possibly problematic is this:

If you decide to give up and try again, the set of resources the locals want will remain the same, but who wants what will be randomly changed.

Reckon I'll play around with this to find out exactly what that means.

Kudos for getting this out quickly and the creativity of this.

DeletedUser25625

This looks really good! The only thing I saw that seems possibly problematic is this:

If you decide to give up and try again, the set of resources the locals want will remain the same, but who wants what will be randomly changed.

Reckon I'll play around with this to find out exactly what that means.

Kudos for getting this out quickly and the creativity of this.

Remember - the locals have 3 response options: Correct; Wrong Person; or Incorrect. During subsequent negotiation rounds (vs. attack waves) of the same Negotiation Attempt (vs. Attack Attempt), any Incorrect Resources will be grayed out.

However, after you give up and come back for a 2nd+ Negotiation Attempt - incorrect resources will be an option again. But, they will still be incorrect. So, if you give up - make sure to remember/track which ones were incorrect from the previous Attempt(s). That way you don't waste another round offering them incorrect items [again].

DeletedUser25586

Nope, the set changes if you do another attempt. That's why this is purely luck at higher difficulties (or rather, a diamond grab). Not sure why FOE is asking for feedback when that's what's been said on the beta forums over and over, and nothing changes :)

DeletedUser25625

I missed this in the Announcement before:

• I have given up on my first attempt, but the 'correct' goods are not the same in the second attempt?
    The resources which remain the same in every attempt are the initial set from which you can choose (for example: Coins, Supplies, Stone, Dye, Wine, Marble). Which resources are correct or incorrect, and which local wants them, will change. Example - maybe Coins, Coins, Wine, Supplies, Supplies were 'correct' in the first attempt, but in the second attempt the 'correct' resources could be Stone, Stone, Marble, Marble, Dye.
That is really really really not cool !!

DeletedUser20367

With premium & Event buildings and diamonds as possible prizes, negotiation was NEVER going to be a simple 'pay & your're done' thing like the continent map. There are a lot of people who can't finish all 3 rounds by fighting so I'm not at all surprised that the same would be true with negotiation. Sure, you can get it if you buy enough attempts but that will (almost certainly) cost more than you are likely to gain. It's the same way for fighters who don't have a high enough boost to get through the 2 round battles without diamond healing between rounds. They have a choice of spending the diamonds or not finishing.

I've read some posts on the Beta forum who say to Google articles that analyze the game 'Mastermind' for useful strategies.

DeletedUser20367

Hah it is like Mastermind, isn't it.

I didn't catch it either until some on the Beta forum pointed it out. It seemed kind of familiar but it's been about 30 years since I played Mastermind.

We used to do marathon sessions in College and I remember one night (actually early morning by then) when one the guys on the floor put 3 black pegs and 1 white peg down in response to his roommate's latest guess. The roommate just stared at it for a while and then looked up and said, 'But that's IMPOSSIBLE!'

Ah the old days of trading caffeine for sleep. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25783

Finally! I don't fight, and my guild does not participate in GvG. I was disappointed when the first version rolled out. I thought, really? So 'expedition' means 'conquering'? I thought it would be exploring, negotiating, puzzles, etc. So I never bothered. But now I'm excited! Finally, something I can do that does not require sacrificing troops! This is going to be fun!

DeletedUser2589

If I am seeing things correctly, near the end of Level 3 there will be 8 resources. With 5 slots each chosen randomly -- and duplicate selections allowed -- that means 32,768 possible answers. Being able to determine which one in three tries or less will be extremely unlikely. I would have liked to see a limit of one resource usage per pattern (i.e., no duplicate selections).

I'm going to look into the math further -- just because it's fun ;) But my guess is that as fun as the concept is, there will be plenty of frustration :mad: feedback given for the highest levels.

DeletedUser8420

At first wasn't enthused hearing that the goods needed would change... but after trying it and yes I had to spend 30 diamonds to get the right combo...its ok...at least I am now able to get past the one I was stuck on and will use the negotiation needed.

DeletedUser25444

Wouldn't keeping things the same be kind of like keeping wounded units if you lose and have to attack again?

No, not at all. If for example you go in with 8 rangers, and surrender each time using 1 attempt point to get a lot of forests on your side to give you a big advantage, you still used up your attempt points. And the enemy army doesn't change. It's the same enemy army every time. So if anything I wholeheartedly agree that the negotiations should be the same request types for each native every time. You are using your reasources and attempt points to crack the code and then go in one more time to input the right sequence of requests. Instead of a random swap between 5 every time to which you only get 3 attempts. On top of that, it's even worse odds when more than 1 could want the same resource. That makes it all based on luck at that point. At least when it comes to the battle option you need to strategize at higher levels. This is just luck based diamond grabbing.

DeletedUser8420

well you had to have known that INNO would make it so you had to use diamonds at some point in this didn't you? I mean if you are facing a 2 wave army the first wave nearly wiped out yours then you have option of surrendering or using diamonds to heal...negotiation you have the option of closing out and coming back for another try or use diamonds to get another shot at correctly lining up the goods needed.

DeletedUser25444

well you had to have known that INNO would make it so you had to use diamonds at some point in this didn't you? I mean if you are facing a 2 wave army the first wave nearly wiped out yours then you have option of surrendering or using diamonds to heal...negotiation you have the option of closing out and coming back for another try or use diamonds to get another shot at correctly lining up the goods needed.

Armies can be built much faster than the amount of resources taken. It still is not good incentives to push forward if diamonds are almost always required unless you have great luck. I don't mind the negotiation game part. That's fine. It's better than to just pay and go. I totally agree. But not to the point of making it almost impossible except paying with diamonds.

DeletedUser14197

Is there any strategy to this? Is one simply guessing what to offer, is it totally random? Or is there some logic one can use to determine what to offer?

DeletedUser25444

Is there any strategy to this? Is one simply guessing what to offer, is it totally random?
Exactly this. I had such higher hopes for it when it was announced. Finally I could pass the finally or close to final stages of level 2. But nope, diamonds please....

DeletedUser18851

What a STUPID idea. I couldn't have thought of something more boring, counter-productive, and unnecessarily difficult if I tried.

Here, I put an unknown quantity of US dollars in this box, Inno. See if you can "negotiate" (I mean brainlessly guess -- over and over and over and over again) your way inside to claim your prize!

TC01C.jpg