• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Negotiation Game Feedback

wolfhoundtoo

Edited as I the details were incomplete.

I decided to try the negotiation game for level 1 on my two TE worlds:

I completed 12 check points with the following results for 1st world: 59 goods spent, 5 failed attempts (all attempts were with the 3 tries) and received rewards consisting of coins/supplies, a blueprint, 5 goods, 10 goods previous age, 1 microwave blaster, 1 stealth tank, 1 ultra AP and 10 diamonds.

I completed 12 check points with the following results for the 2nd world: 73 goods spent, 6 failed attempts (all attempts were with the 3 tries) and received rewards consisting of coins/supplies, AM sniper, 1 ultra AP, 1 microwave blaster, 5 goods, 20 goods of the previous age and 10 goods of the current age.

So any negotiation with 3 choices was a guaranteed win, 4 mostly with 5 choices being much more difficult to complete. On no check point on either world did I spend more than 4 tries (I won on the 4th try on both worlds when I did try that many times).

Given the results at these levels I do think there are some general tricks that you can utilize to moderate the goods costs (such as trying over again if you don't get enough information on the 1st turn) but do have to agree that based on these results a 4th try would probably be appropriate for the last level or a decrease in the goods costs. If I remember correctly it costs 3 goods for level III so perhaps reducing that would make the cost more worth while for non-fighters to try the GE Game.

That being said I don't see it being all that appealing to players (I'd fight mostly but might try my hand/luck now and then for a change of pace) but there's no 'hook' for players to come negotiate thru the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser23711

I'm kinda confused with the negotiation part of the expeditions. Not the actual negotiation because finding out what they want is easy enough. My question is did you change the dynamics of the ability to negotiate?

I used to be able to negotiate as many battles as I desired within the boundaries of the three try system. However lately I can only negotiate one battle and the rest of the battles require I used diamonds even on the first attempt. Can anyone shed some light on this matter? Is it a bug or something I am missing?

I noticed if I complete a leg of the expedition level it resets and I can once again negotiate the next battle if I choose. But once I have then it's back to the need for diamonds until that leg has been won.

wolfhoundtoo

You do not have enough goods to negotiate if it is asking for diamonds when you try to negotiate. One or more of the goods required must not be in your inventory.

DeletedUser3500

I enjoy Negotiation as a way for traders to participate in the Guild Expeditions. However, I wondered if it would be possible to add a "Continue" button at the bottom of the "Success" dialog, as the little X in the top right isn't always easy to hit.
negotiation6.png

Thanks for continuing to introduce new elements to the game!

DeletedUser9184

You can always just click off the window, and it'll automatically close.

DeletedUser3500

You can always just click off the window, and it'll automatically close.
Good point, thanks. I wish that worked more consistently, as I don't always try it since it doesn't work with the Found Blueprint or Missed Kick dialogs. I still think a Continue or OK button would be a good addition without cluttering up the interface.

DeletedUser13942

I've tried it early and was thinking, cool good idea. I tried it later on (like all of level 3) and decided the person who came up with this diamond scheme should be.............................okay I better be nice.................fired and blacklisted from gaming for life

DeletedUser3679

I've tried it early and was thinking, cool good idea. I tried it later on (like all of level 3) and decided the person who came up with this diamond scheme should be.............................okay I better be nice.................fired and blacklisted from gaming for life

Or if he or she is your employee, given a promotion and a raise?

DeletedUser26396

If you get a checkmark for a correct guess on the first attempt, you should still be allowed to test a new resource against that person on your second attempt. Think about it--- it would be highly useful. it's done in mastermind all the time.

DeletedUser14197

I would like negotiation better if when you had used your 3 tries and still had one left, the pop up didn't come up in the middle hiding what you had done. I don't even bother trying one more time since it cost diamonds and I can't see how likely it is for me to be able to complete it. I am not going to take notes so I already know what is behind the pop up. I simply refuse to pay any diamonds anymore unless they move it.

wolfhoundtoo

The tavern will allow you to utilize silver to get 1 extra turn in negotiating in GE for 15 minutes so it won't cost you diamonds if you have tavern silver.

DeletedUser25273

One of the tavern bonus that you can by, is an extra turn of in GE for a period of time. Tavern Shop, Resource boosts (The Crate), 3 line down. For 1500 Silver, you get +1 Turn for 15 Minutes. I think you Tavern needs something like 8 chairs to unlock this. There are higher levels of this, but they just give you the boost for a bit more time (top is 1 hour), so I don't think those would be that useful, once you get the boost you can use all your tries pretty quick. If one was for a Day (instead of just an hour) maybe, so you could recover some tries.

Using this means you don't need to spend 10 Diamonds to unlock the first extra guess, which could be a major help in negotiating.

DeletedUser8152

There are higher levels of this, but they just give you the boost for a bit more time (top is 1 hour), so I don't think those would be that useful, once you get the boost you can use all your tries pretty quick. If one was for a Day (instead of just an hour) maybe, so you could recover some tries.
This might be a good scenario to spend medals for extra tries.

DeletedUser25273

Yes, but you can still spend the medal and get all the negotiations done in the 15 minutes. The key is to plan enough that you are ready to just do it when you buy the boost. 10 Negotiations in 15 minutes is easy. Could probably do 20 even with the extra turn allowed. Unless you are planning on spending a LOT of medals for lots of tries, it hard to see the extra time being helpful.

Now, if the Silver and Gold levels gave +2 and +3 turns (at higher costs), they might be useful, but maybe too useful.

DeletedUser26154

This is how I negotiate the G.E. encounters.

f3feb61f0bac16b165635bca234d5e36.png

Post-Modern v.s. Industrial Era.

DeletedUser14197

When you do the negotiation, after the third try that box pops up in the middle hiding your middle guess. This is so annoying that I am about to call it quits this week. I sure would have thought that could have been changed by now, unless it is intentional and supposed to be part of the challenge. I know what the 3 guesses are. I just don't know if the one there is a wrong person or incorrect.

DeletedUser26965

When you do the negotiation, after the third try that box pops up in the middle hiding your middle guess. This is so annoying that I am about to call it quits this week. I sure would have thought that could have been changed by now, unless it is intentional and supposed to be part of the challenge. I know what the 3 guesses are. I just don't know if the one there is a wrong person or incorrect.

Are you talking about this? All you have to do is pay the diamonds and the box goes away and you can continue negotiations.

u7EfRDY.jpg