• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Negotiation Game Feedback

DeletedUser14197

Are you talking about this? All you have to do is pay the diamonds and the box goes away and you can continue negotiations.

u7EfRDY.jpg

I am not going to pay diamonds if I am not pretty sure I can do it in one turn, and it would really help me to make up my mind if I could see the entire thing. Actually, I rarely will pay diamonds unless I know for sure I can make it in one turn, so I just quit when I can't see and don't know. 10 diamonds isn't much, but it adds up if you do much negotiating. And frankly, the chance of the last prize being worth getting .... well it is pretty slim.

DeletedUser26965

I am not going to pay diamonds if I am not pretty sure I can do it in one turn, and it would really help me to make up my mind if I could see the entire thing. Actually, I rarely will pay diamonds unless I know for sure I can make it in one turn, so I just quit when I can't see and don't know. 10 diamonds isn't much, but it adds up if you do much negotiating. And frankly, the chance of the last prize being worth getting .... well it is pretty slim.
GE Negotiations Almost Done...

DeletedUser26154

but it adds up if you do much negotiating.

I found it easier to fight my way through the G.E. and continent map.
I like the idea of negotiations, but am displeased with how much it all costs.
So now I keep my Negotiators in these four buildings.

my negotiators.png

1. Universal Tank Factory
2. Rogue Hideout
3. Alcatraz
4. Champion's Retreat

Some suggested possible improvements would include:
The diamonds pop-up be completely out of the way, maybe in an unused corner.
If the negotiations fail, it doesn't cost you.
Raise the cost of negotiations, but make it free if it fails, so it balances out.

Praetorius

I found it easier to fight my way through the G.E. and continent map.
I like the idea of negotiations, but am displeased with how much it all costs.
So now I keep my Negotiators in these four buildings.

1. Universal Tank Factory
2. Rogue Hideout
3. Alcatraz
4. Champion's Retreat
You can get more with a kind word and a gun, than with just a kind word. - Al Capone

DeletedUser34548

It would be interesting to see what the odds are and what the best way to solve would be. I guess you would need a person who is good with math and algorithms...

So happens. I intend to explore GE negos in detail, because chewy. But dunno how badly I want to publish. Publication is a chore.

Fact is, not many readers of such stuff. I jackpotted Carnival to no interest. Eat what's on your plate before asking more.

I'll say so much now:
  • Logic is important. You are given far too much info to call it a game of chance alone.
  • Luck is also important; raw odds are poor. You can expect to fail often at higher difficulties.
  • Quit when you're behind. If on turn 3 I can see my odds are a mere 1 in 54, I'll abandon then and not waste goods. I've abandoned after turn 1 if results were very poor. Don't chase losses.
  • The D begging box does hide the table and that's obnoxious. But if you're playing seriously, you are recording every turn on paper anyway.
  • Existing Mastermind / Bulls-and-Cows strategies are suboptimal; the games vary too much from GEN. Study if you like but build fresh.

Think and Good Luck!

DeletedUser28670

So happens. I intend to explore GE negos in detail, because chewy. But dunno how badly I want to publish. Publication is a chore.

Fact is, not many readers of such stuff. I jackpotted Carnival to no interest. Eat what's on your plate before asking more.

I'll say so much now:
  • Logic is important. You are given far too much info to call it a game of chance alone.
  • Luck is also important; raw odds are poor. You can expect to fail often at higher difficulties.
  • Quit when you're behind. If on turn 3 I can see my odds are a mere 1 in 54, I'll abandon then and not waste goods. I've abandoned after turn 1 if results were very poor. Don't chase losses.
  • The D begging box does hide the table and that's obnoxious. But if you're playing seriously, you are recording every turn on paper anyway.
  • Existing Mastermind / Bulls-and-Cows strategies are suboptimal; the games vary too much from GEN. Study if you like but build fresh.

Think and Good Luck!
Please stop necroing year old threads. Thanks.

DeletedUser34548

I should be delighted if you did not feel impelled to repeat yourself. We both may be disappointed.

Volodya

I should be delighted if you did not feel impelled to repeat yourself. We both may be disappointed.
Maybe it's silly & petty, but it's clear that a fair number of forum regulars are annoyed at the zombification of dead threads. What's the downside from your standpoint to simply starting a new thread?