• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Negotiation Totals

I am just wondering why fight totals are listed with our global rankings but not negotiation totals. When looking for prospective guild members, fight totals are a good indicator of a strong city and a willingness to be competitive in GE and GBG. But negotiation totals would do that as well, along with ability to help pick up trades in the market and contribute to our treasury.

Agent327

Global rankings were made when the game was made. Negotiations came much later.

Trading goods does not count towards the ranking so it will not tell you anything about a player picking up trades.

Trading goods does not count towards the ranking so it will not tell you anything about a player picking up trades.

I understand it doesn't count towards ranking. I said negotiation totals can be an indicator that a player has plenty of goods and may be willing to pick up trades, making them a good guild mate.

Algona

I understand it doesn't count towards ranking. I said negotiation totals can be an indicator that a player has plenty of goods and may be willing to pick up trades, making them a good guild mate.

Did you post this idea in the Sprint Feedback?

Maybe even two separate ideas?

One to track it and another to add it to RP calculations?

Both seem not unreasonable to me.

Dominator - X

Global rankings were made when the game was made. Negotiations came much later.

The OP mentions negotiations not trades. Pretty sure negotiations do count towards global ranking.

RazorbackPirate

The OP mentions negotiations not trades. Pretty sure negotiations do count towards global ranking.
The goods spent in negotiations are included in Rank points, what the system doesn't do is list out the number of negotiations a player has done as they do with fighting.

Vasabis

I also would very much like to see negotiations amount statistics in Global ranking window. To be more specific, negotiations statistics should be only about "won negotiations" ,not "all negotiations" or "lost negotiations". Same as battles number in Global rankings reflect only won battles.
Negotiations compose another playing style of this game - peaceful playing style, which is exploited by many players. And also, negotiations are one of choices, to go through Continent map, Guild expeditions and Guild battleground. So seeing this statistics would improve information about any player and would allow to get a clearer picture, what playing style the player prefers.
It would also benefit when recruiting new members into guilds.
Don't know how Inno engineered negotiations in their programming code, but from my programming experience, this feature should not be hard to implement.

Johnny B. Goode

I also would very much like to see negotiations amount statistics in Global ranking window. To be more specific, negotiations statistics should be only about "won negotiations" ,not "all negotiations" or "lost negotiations". Same as battles number in Global rankings reflect only won battles.
Negotiations compose another playing style of this game - peaceful playing style, which is exploited by many players. And also, negotiations are one of choices, to go through Continent map, Guild expeditions and Guild battleground. So seeing this statistics would improve information about any player and would allow to get a clearer picture, what playing style the player prefers.
It would also benefit when recruiting new members into guilds.
Don't know how Inno engineered negotiations in their programming code, but from my programming experience, this feature should not be hard to implement.
I would agree with this, except...
True negotiations should count, but not "negotiations" from the Continent Map where it's really just a purchase with goods and not a negotiation. I would even go so far as to say that a count of true negotiations, uninflated by the Continent Map version, would be a better indicator of a "farmer's" worth than the battle count is of a fighter's abilities.

Since GvG/GBG/GE are mostly fought on auto battle by those with thousands of fights a week (or a day, in some cases), it's not really an indicator of their fighting ability, just of their att/def boosts. And that is not the same thing. I would like to see two separate battles won totals. One of those fought and won on auto, and one of those won manually. The only hitch in this suggestion is what to do with battles that are started on manual and then switched to auto at some point. Anyway, I pay no attention to battles won anymore simply because they are artificially inflated from auto battles. And by auto battles in GBG especially, because they're not only heavily boost dependent, but there is the presence of Siege Camps that can turn many, if not most, of those battles into fights against completely unboosted opponents. And that's not in any way shape or form an indicator of fighting ability. Put most of those with the high battle counts into the Early to Late Middle Ages with limited Rogues and moderate att/def boosts and make them fight manually and let's see how good a fighter they really are.