• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Not A Bug Neighborhood changing daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galechade

US server, Brisgard. Logged on Monday morning to see the neighborhood had changed as expected. We are a fairly new group so we ranged from 200-5000 in points. Logged on Tuesday morning to a new addition to our hood at over 30,000 points. Wednesday morning two more had been added ranging from over 40,000 - 69,000. On Thursday yet another person was added over 70,000. Logged on this morning, Saturday, to see a 5th person had been added and this one is at 361,939. Three of the five new people are all from the same guild, Viking Kingdom. This happens on any computer and any internet service provider I use. Why such a huge discrepancy in scores and when did neighborhoods start changing on a daily basis?

DeletedUser2145

They're not changing on a daily basis, you're seeing inactive players rejoining the hood. Why the discrepancies is a large and tiring topic, but bottom line is it can happen because of how the merge system works.

Galechade

So adding a new person to the neighborhood every day isn't considered changing the neighborhood on a daily basis? Interesting way of looking at things. Thanks.

DeletedUser6172

You're missing an essential point. They have been in your neighborhood all along, but if they have not been active for a week then they are SUPPRESSED and do not show up in your neighborhood social bar. That's GOOD, btw, because it prevents folks from farming dead cities.

DeletedUser2145

What Katwijk said. This is why I said "rejoin" in the initial reply, I meant the players were already part of the hood but were not shown in the hood bar because they were inactive. Now that they've become active again, they're shown there.

Status
Not open for further replies.