• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Neighborhood Overkill

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser17558

I'd be content with an uneven hood system that changed more frequently, or a more even hood system that was more static. With either of those options everyone would get a similar chance to play the way they want.

I would vote yes to that proposal. I have been near the top of my hood for a long time, but would welcome either of these changes.

DeletedUser8152

Well both ideas have been submitted to the devs, just a question of whether they see it the same way.

DeletedUser17710

I realize that plundering is part of the game but really now being put in a neighborhood with neighbors 4 and 5 ages above me is just overkill.

Getting steamrolled with tanks and helicopters from neighbors that are in the Contemporary Era and Tomorrow Ages against my Industrial Age troops is just ridiculous.

You might as well just put a message in my avatar free coins, supplies and products with the times they can collect lol. No need to attack.

It is far to easy for these top players to plunder there neighbors. Not exactly what I would call fair play as you have no chance at all at revenging them.

I really think that this is a major flaw in the game and I know a few people that have already stop playing because of it.

It's one thing to be plundered by someone 1 or 2 ages above you where you might have a chance of recouping your losses. It's another thing being plundered by people whom have a totally unfair advantage.

I really think that this issue needs to be addressed and neighborhoods kept in balance. The strong will always pray on the weak but this is just overkill.

I don't understand where folks like you are coming from.

I play in 5 different Worlds and the furthest I am along is in Jaims where I am in Late Middle Age.

I currently am AND have been in all sorts of hoods.

NOBODY can plunder my goods UNLESS I SCREW UP and leave my goods exposed after they are available. And it doesn't matter what age they are in. I havr been playing for MONTHS and I can count the number of times folks have plundered me using the fingers on 1 hand.

From the beginning of this game each time you take a sector on the World maps you end up plundering whether or not you take the sector through fighting OR negotiation.

This WHOLE GAME involves plunder.

If you can't handle folks taking your goods, coin or supplies when you leave them exposed then this isn't the game for you to be playing.

What the heck buddy go LOOK at the Continental map and start adding up all the coins, supplies and good deposits YOU have taken from other people as you have progressed on the map. That's what this game is all about.

And another thing, if it's so "easy" to plunder your neighbors then try doing it yourself just like you do to the computer generated opponents each time you take a new sector. Try it. You will find you don't get ANYTHING at all if your neighbors are collecting in a timely manner and you also just might find your entire offensive army DEAD and GONE if you happen to come accross an opponent who's touting a strong defense instead of 2 spear fighters like I see all too often.

DeletedUser10415

You don't understand where Basherr is coming from because:

the furthest I am along is in Jaims where I am in Late Middle Age.

It's smooth sailing up through LMA. You might be singing a different tune after you hit Colonial Age. That's when you get thrown to the sharks. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17710

You don't understand where Basherr is coming from because:

It's smooth sailing up through LMA. You might be singing a different tune after you hit Colonial Age. That's when you get thrown to the sharks. :laugh:

Why?

Will I suddenly lose the ability to collect my goods in a timely manner?

I didn't know the rules on collecting your goods changed when you entered colonial age.

When I was in Iron Age I spent 2 weeks in a neighborhood with Thomaschang, Will of Snow and Sledgehammer82. Those folks were WAY above colonial age and I lost a total of 1 run of 10 Limestone cuz I screwed up and left them laying around too long. In fact I think I produced more goods in that 2 week period than any other 2 weeks period I have been playing this game cuz I had to be on the ball at all times.

DeletedUser13337

Pffft.. I take offense to be called 280 pounds lol....being attacked costs you nothing...not collecting on time costs you...if there is nothing to plunder...then your safe and cozy in your safe FOE world...but that would be boring if we all played like that. I personally like it and have even gave congrats to my hoodies that broke through my defenses...that helped me know how to change them around a bit.
No two players play the same.. perhaps if you ask advice from higher ranking players on how to get revenge on the people that should go on a revenge list...yes.. I kept a revenge list...and its pretty much taken care of. lol I seen where one cant live her life aorund her collections.. then do 24 hour productions with 24 houses to the time you are home. There is also the phone app that I used to check on things when i am out and about. Also..its good to shake up your times as many players get the hang of when to attack and plunder.. yes they learn your schedule...so its great to shake it up when you can. That is why that option is there..this is a war game..and lets face it..if it was not fun none of us would be here.

DeletedUser13051

Gee, thanks a lot, FOE, for taking the two freaking people I blocked this weekend on one world and putting them in my new neighborhood on another world. Great plan. Genius algorithm. Congrats.

DeletedUser8152

Gee, thanks a lot, FOE, for taking the two freaking people I blocked this weekend on one world and putting them in my new neighborhood on another world. Great plan. Genius algorithm. Congrats.
That does sound annoying, but I think it would be asking a lot to expect the algorithm to account for who every player has blocked someone on every world they play...

DeletedUser22676

While I understand your frustration, what I don't understand is this insistence on making this game a different game.

I would love to play NFL Football. Love it, great game. But I haven't been playing long and I only weigh 100 lbs. It isn't fair that the owners encourage these 280 lb giants to tackle and hurt me. I demand they stop - can't they see how unfair it is? OK, so they should allow players to choose if they want to get tackled or not - players with green shirts are not allowed to be tackled. No? OK, then they should create a separate schedule so that players that do not want to be tackled can only play with each other and players who want to get tackled can have at it.

Except that this other green-shirted group is no longer playing NFL football. Not sure what they're playing, but it is NOT NFL Football. This is a ridiculous argument.

I absolutely understand that there are people that do not like how the game is played. But THIS IS THE GAME. I don't like it that every time my brother and I play monopoly, he sends me to jail. But that's how the game is played.

I just got put in a horrible neighborhood. I am ranked 80 in the progressive era. The person ranked 70 is in the tomorrow era. If they plunder me so be it, but who the heck am I going to battle.

Your analogy fails because you looked at the game of football as only that played by the NFL. Football is played at all levels from Pee Wee to the NFL. No one thinks that you should put a 6th grader up against Clay Matthews or JJ Watt. No they should be playing against other middle schoolers. Who thinks that it would be fun to watch a game were the Patriots play a Class 4A JV team?

DeletedUser10415

The game is imperfect - This much is clear. I'm beginning to think the devs are incapable of building a better matchmaker.

DeletedUser22250

I have read many of the complaints about being plundered, if you are in a nieghborhood where you are or feel outclassed just be on time with aiding your nieghbors. No you won't get to fight but you can gain strength, level Great Buildings study the forum, make friends, and be ready for when you are in your element.

Mustapha00

Some very good advice being offered.
I'd add that being as quick to recover production and coins is critical. They can't plunder if there's nothing to get (or if you make attacking you too costly for them to see a benefit). I've taken to concentrating on housing that yields fewer coins more quickly because I can log in every 15 minutes or so to collect it. Same for production: make things that take only an hour to produce unless you're sure that you can be there logged in when the big supply items are ready. The phone app version for this is great because it can notify you when production is ready to be picked up.

ahsay

I have read many of the complaints about being plundered, if you are in a nieghborhood where you are or feel outclassed just be on time with aiding your nieghbors. No you won't get to fight but you can gain strength, level Great Buildings study the forum, make friends, and be ready for when you are in your element.

Please read this...

You don't defend against those in ages above you or with higher level GBs. You take the advice of this and the many other posts echoing the same thing. I've been in two unbalanced plunderings with nothing to do but take it and worked my way out of it with the advice given here. In both cases, my archers against armored cars for instance, I got the plundering to stop in less then a week.

Caesar eliminated having to fight the majority of his battles by building a bridge. The Vietnamese realized, very quickly, that they could lose every battle and still win the war. India became an independent Nation without fighting. The same can be said for S. Africas' native population. If you can't fight then don't. You need to come up with another plan.

ahsay

I plunder players, most months, multiple times a day; all for expansions. Today I got my butt kicked because someone changed their defenses...I'll be back in 24 hours but for now...congratulations.

I still say it would be easier to just aid me but you play the way you want to.

Mustapha00

The game lacks a Diplomatic aspect, some way of deterring attack without threat of the use of the military. I've played games that had- or tried to have- Diplomacy to be a part of the game and no one seems to have a handle on how to implement it successfully or creatively, so I'm not about to offer suggestions. All I am qualified to do is to observe that game mechanics do not offer Diplomacy.

Now, that said, I can think of a couple of things you can try:

1) Set up your production so as to minimize the amount of time between completion and collection. If you are sure you can log on every 15 minutes, build houses that produce every 15 minutes. If you can play once an hour, build once an hour production. And so on, until you reach the point of 24 hour production, logging on just once a day to collect (and I'm talking trade goods and supplies, obviously, moreso than housing and gold).

2) Try to "buy off" your tormentor by Aiding him on a very regular basis. Call it blackmail that doesn't cost you anything.

3) Try to befriend an even higher ranked player in your neighborhood and see if he won't "return the favor" against your tormentor. Let the bully see how he likes being bullied.

4) Put up the best defense you possibly can, with an eye towards making each Plunder attempt as costly as possible. Upper Age military units take alot of coin and supply to replace and a long time for the unit to heal up. Let him know he's been in a fight, even if he wins.

ahsay

You hit the nail right on the head, mustaph...

Only thing I disagree with is diplomacy. We have a messaging system...so you can email your plunderer and just ask them to stop.

DeletedUser21180

This is becoming a very unfunny joke. InnoGames MUST address the competitive imbalance of it's neighborhoods or risk losing thousands of players when they realize they can't compete with players 4 and 5 ages ahead of them and lose all their goods daily.

Here is a screen shot of my neighborhood. You'll notice the #1 player has over 184,000 points and #2 has a whopping 12,036. Almost every other member of this neighborhood is at Iron Age level. Now help me understand how this is fair? Industrial age armies fighting Iron age armies? Really? You're killing your own game Inno. I see no reason to play the game if I get knocked three steps back for every one I take going forward. In another neighborhood in P world I had four neighbors in the Progressive era while I was in EMA. I can't babysit my goods 24/7 so I just stopped producing hoping the neighborhood would change. Here is it 10 weeks later and they're still there. I've had to quit playing in that world and won't continue until they are gone.

Please do something about this flaw in your game.

industrial-age-vs-iron-age.png

- - - Updated - - -

How about the game developer make the damn game fair? I like that plan.

DeletedUser

I don't have much problem with being plundered, but the last time they redid the neighborhoods, I had a guy that looked like he was going to plunder me regularly. I don't leave stuff uncollected too much, but it is annoying when it happens. So, I messaged him and told him I had no problem disconnecting my coin buildings and letting my supply/goods buildings sit idle for a while so he would have no benefit to plundering. I also said I could just leave one spearman (even though I am in High Middle Ages) as my only defense, so he would earn little in PvP points. OR...he could send me friend request, pointing out that I aid daily and also help out with GBs when needed, and that would continue long after we were no longer neighbors if we were friends. Within hours, I had a friend request from him. Problem solved. Diplomacy is just two people talking, after all.

DeletedUser17710

No offense intended but you folks who disconnect your roads or freak out when there are a couple folks who may plunder you need to get a calculator out and actually crunch some numbers.

Each adversary can only plunder one of your buildings ONCE every 24 hours. Add up all the coins, supplies and goods you can produce in a 24 hour period and then subtract the one possible plunder your adversary MAY or MAY NOT take advantage of and then kindly explain to me how disconnecting your roads is a logical way of defending your city.

Also for those of you who use the 1 spear defense. Did you ever consider the fact not only will your one adversary be capable of breaking through your defense but so will every other person in your neighborhood and once they break through they CAN and probabaly will plunder your stuff too.

I just don't get it.

So a couple folks plunder you once every 24 hours? SO WHAT?

Stop worrying about it and do some of your own plundering to even things out. If 2 folks plunder you but on the same day YOU plunder 2 other city's you will find you haven't lost ANYTHING plus you will be enjoying the game a whole lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.