• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Neighborhood Rotation

KitKit035

I am trying to understand when the neighborhood rotation takes place. I was originally told that it was every 2 wks and for the most part that was right.

I do know any events that involve the neighborhood will delay the change, such as the recent carnival.

However since the football event I have noticed that their are times when the neighborhood will not change for 4wks, no neighborhood event going on. For example right now, we had a neighborhood change on April 2nd. By rights, we should have changed today, but did not. And yes I am sure on date because I also went up in age right after that week GE started (easiest GE week in some time) and this is my third week playing GE in New Age.

So just when does the neighborhood change take place?

Zorskog World

DeletedUser31592

Your dates are off. The neighborhoods last changed April 9th. Before that it was March 26th, and before that, it was February 12th. We stayed in the same hoods from February 12th through March 25th due to the Carnival Event.
Hoods will change on this coming Monday (the 23rd). It should not lock again until the Summer Event, unless Inno releases a new event locking them or changes an existing event, which is doubtful.

KitKit035

You know what my dates are off, but so are yours. I went back through our chat, because hood change is a big deal in our guild. That is the time when most of our guys move up in age, so someone is always asking about when it is, and our last hood change was March 26th. (See attached pic for proof of date)

Right now I have 8 guild members waiting on the hood change so they can go up in Age. So like I stated above, this is something I have started noticing, hood changes are now every 4 wks -- not every 2 wks. I am not the only one to notice this, I am in a guild of nearly 29 that is starting to see that it is no longer 2 wks.

So again, what is the new neighborhood rotation? Or is it just the "newer" worlds that see this longer time frame between changes?

Attachments

• Screenshot (215)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (215)_LI.jpg
    848.9 KB · Views: 19

wolfhoundtoo

You are incorrect. This coming Monday is the hood change not the one you thought it was. Also simply because you can change hoods doesn't mean that you will be moved or see any significant change in the membership of your hood.

And the reason it seems so long is no doubt (as noted elsewhere) was due to the extra time from the carnival event when no hoods were changed. I suggest you use your guild forum to note when the hood changes rather than your 'memory' as it can be rather easy to confuse the dates.

DeletedUser8428

I am trying to understand when the neighborhood rotation takes place. I was originally told that it was every 2 wks and for the most part that was right.

I do know any events that involve the neighborhood will delay the change, such as the recent carnival.

However since the football event I have noticed that their are times when the neighborhood will not change for 4wks, no neighborhood event going on. For example right now, we had a neighborhood change on April 2nd. By rights, we should have changed today, but did not. And yes I am sure on date because I also went up in age right after that week GE started (easiest GE week in some time) and this is my third week playing GE in New Age.

So just when does the neighborhood change take place?

Zorskog World

Most important thing to note was mentioned by Wolfhound - because you can change hoods doesn't mean that you will be moved or see any significant change in the membership of your hood. So the hood can rotate but you may notice no difference at all. The loss of one or two at the bottom or top ... what happens during hood rotation depends on a ton of variables, like - how many players from what eras have gone inactive? Addition of GB, changes in military .. I have gone months feeling like I was stuck in mostly the same hood. And I was. So don't be sure that hoods didn't rotate.

DeletedUser33297

Most important thing to note was mentioned by Wolfhound - because you can change hoods doesn't mean that you will be moved or see any significant change in the membership of your hood. So the hood can rotate but you may notice no difference at all. The loss of one or two at the bottom or top ... what happens during hood rotation depends on a ton of variables, like - how many players from what eras have gone inactive? Addition of GB, changes in military .. I have gone months feeling like I was stuck in mostly the same hood. And I was. So don't be sure that hoods didn't rotate.
Exactly. I am in EMA and the last hood change we had, I only had 1 different neighbor.

DeletedUser31592

You know what my dates are off, but so are yours. I went back through our chat, because hood change is a big deal in our guild. That is the time when most of our guys move up in age, so someone is always asking about when it is, and our last hood change was March 26th. (See attached pic for proof of date)

Right now I have 8 guild members waiting on the hood change so they can go up in Age. So like I stated above, this is something I have started noticing, hood changes are now every 4 wks -- not every 2 wks. I am not the only one to notice this, I am in a guild of nearly 29 that is starting to see that it is no longer 2 wks.

So again, what is the new neighborhood rotation? Or is it just the "newer" worlds that see this longer time frame between changes?

Reread my post. My dates are completely accurate. You are reading it incorrectly.

Actually, I'll post it and highlight a few things:

Your dates are off. The neighborhoods last changed April 9th. Before that it was March 26th, and before that, it was February 12th. We stayed in the same hoods from February 12th through March 25th due to the Carnival Event.
Hoods will change on this coming Monday (the 23rd). It should not lock again until the Summer Event, unless Inno releases a new event locking them or changes an existing event, which is doubtful.

I said they changed on March 26th. You are confusing where I said we were in the same hoods from February 12th through March 25th, but that is also accurate, as they change overnight between the 25th and 26th. Technically, you may have been in the old hood for an hour or two of the 26th.

KitKit035

The neighborhoods last changed April 9th

No, I do know how to read. I was stating your dates where off, because there was NO change on April 9th.

And I do keep records, please it is also recorded in our main chat messages, hence the pic above.

I can see a couple people only getting one or two new neighbors, but not 26+ people ranging in age from CA to BA.

So thanks anyway. This thread can be closed.

DeletedUser31440

No, I do know how to read. I was stating your dates where off, because there was NO change on April 9th.

And I do keep records, please it is also recorded in our main chat messages, hence the pic above.

I can see a couple people only getting one or two new neighbors, but not 26+ people ranging in age from CA to BA.

So thanks anyway. This thread can be closed.

There was most definitely a hood change on the 9th, your records are wrong.

DeletedUser32789

You don't think inno will keep the neighborhood consistent for the summer event?

DeletedUser35894

Someone mentioned to me that contributing FP to a neighbor’s GB will keep them in your Hood during a neighborhood rotation. Is this true?

I had recently had a building I had FP on and it flipped and I don’t see them in my neighborhood. So it seems that’s not true and I was just still allowed to have them in my FP contribution list because I was already on it during a change? Either that or I’m missing something because they’re now gone.

Thanks

DeletedUser31498

There's no way to lock someone in your hood. But once you contribute an FP to a GB, you can continue to do so until it levels.

Agent327

Someone mentioned to me that contributing FP to a neighbor’s GB will keep them in your Hood during a neighborhood rotation. Is this true?

No, it sn't.Only thing it does is that you can keep contributing fp's to that level of the GB when the person is no longer in your hood.