• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

neighbour abuse

DeletedUser

He has a funny definition of quitting. Seeing as he still collects, is still in the hood, and is still swapping defenses.

DeletedUser10019

Plundering is part of the game. I do plunder myself when I get the chance. But I was recently placed in a hood full of people from Modern, Progressive and Industrial Era, while I recently advanced to LMA. Thre are many like me in the hood. I get plundered and it's perfectly fine. Yet if we want to talk about a "balance" in the game, I'll have an objection to that. They say people are put into clusters for balance. How do we end up with a hood with 4 (four) ages difference (and I'm not even the lowest guy in the hood). I'm trying to defend against Tanks (Progressive) with my newly unlocked Sword Warriors. How fair and how fun is that? :)

DeletedUser

Please don't hijack this thread for your own personal complaints which are being addressed in numerous other threads in the forum. This thread was Allen's way of complaining about a hood where that was NOT the problem, and still isn't. Our hood has seen very little change in the last couple neighborhood swaps because we're all in Inno's idealized set up.

I only made colonial yesterday, one of a handful of us in the hood who have (I think we had one before the last shuffle). Most of the hood at this point is either higher end HMA or LMA. That includes Allen, who sits near the bottom of the hood despite having plenty of time to advance. Therefore, for once, Inno's system of matching similar level players is working. That means your complaint about tanks vs. swords is not applicable to this situation, no matter how much Allen bemoans his status as underdog. He's had MORE than enough opportunity to compete and compete fairly with us. I went through part of HMA, and ALL of LMA since I merged with this hood, and he is still sitting in HMA.

To also put it in perspective, many of these people in the hood have the buildings from the summer event, which means they are lollygagging on their advancement, which is their own fault, not that of the more aggressive players who are passing them in the tech tree. (I started this world after the Columbus Day event by comparison.)

DeletedUser25505

I have learned to accept being plundered despite all the strategies to avoid having it happen. There's always going to be someone bigger than you with more military power. Does it mean I like plunderers? No, I think it's a d**k move, and those people become someone I would happily take revenge on in some way if I had the chance. I have never yet plundered, and I take the longer way in a quest to avoid it. Keep playing. Revenge is a dish best enjoyed cold. Better to build up a reputation as a team player. Join a guild. Get people to know your character. Get some Rogues and a GB that provides a defense bonus.

DeletedUser6815

Thrandfull you are entitled to your opinion about plundering and players who plunder, but that doesn't make it so. Plundering is a part of the game encouraged by FoE with even a GB that gives extra rewards for plundering. When I plunder I am just doing what the game encourages me to do. The same is true of those who plunder me. I accept that without comment and do the best I can to protect my goods. Plundering is part of the game, period.

DeletedUser15042

I have learned to accept being plundered despite all the strategies to avoid having it happen. There's always going to be someone bigger than you with more military power. Does it mean I like plunderers? No, I think it's a d**k move, and those people become someone I would happily take revenge on in some way if I had the chance. I have never yet plundered, and I take the longer way in a quest to avoid it. Keep playing. Revenge is a dish best enjoyed cold. Better to build up a reputation as a team player. Join a guild. Get people to know your character. Get some Rogues and a GB that provides a defense bonus.

Your last sentence is one of the problems with those complaining. Those complaining simply have not taken the time to understand how to best play the game. Whether it is figuring out that you cannot be plundered if you collect or if it is figuring out what defense is best. Rogues are a TERRIBLE defense. I love when I attack someone and am facing rogues!!! Its easy and gives good points, plus I get to plunder.

DeletedUser15075

Not all of us can sit for hours to collect, so that's bogus. You know, JOBS? To "plunder" is to steal, that makes a "plunderer" a thief. I have a very low opinion of thieves. No rule requires you to be a thief. Enjoy.

cbalto1927

Not all of us can sit for hours to collect, so that's bogus. You know, JOBS? To "plunder" is to steal, that makes a "plunderer" a thief. I have a very low opinion of thieves. No rule requires you to be a thief. Enjoy.

Did you know that there are mobile apps for FOE game. I can be on the app when i have a lunch break and fight. So a player don't have to be on PC to use the game. This is an advanage that fighters have is the ability to fight while away from PC.

DeletedUser26278

Yes the neighborhood bullying is out of control. I have considered quitting several times and even got to the point where I was searching for a different game to play. In my case the top 16 players in my hood are 2 or more levels above me, 5 of which are 3 levels above. I have recently leveled my city but the good military buildings are at the end of the tech tree (Modern Era) so I have relied on winning decent defenders in the Guild Expedition. I still get slaughtered daily with my defending armies only able to take one or ticks off of one the attackers units. Timing my collections has helped some but I get about a 15-30 min window to collect, sometimes difficult to do in real life. Some of the top players attacking are from the same guild and when one of them finds my goods exposed they report to their guild mates and they swoop in and clean me out. This is evident by looking at the plunder times in the log. Another thing I am doing is shifting to goods building that can't be plundered such as GBs and playing a lot of Expedition to get goods. Inno really needs to consider fixing this issue as it is making a great game not so great.
DM - THE FORGE BRIGADE

DeletedUser25543

Lord have mercy! It is not bullying! First lets address WHY players may be 2 levels above you. If you engage in a lot of gvg, attacking neighbors, or anything else that will add a lot of points to your global ranking while not advancing your techs to move up in ages/eras you WILL get placed in a neighborhood where a lot of people will be above you. Try to keep your global ranking advancing at a pace that matches your tech leveling. Second lets address how to change when your goods and productions are ready and be able to collect them on time so they are not plundered. For goods and supplies this is easy. Simply start them and set them for a length of time that you know you will be able to collect them. Collection of gold is again easy. Disconnect your roads from your town hall so your housing is not working and reconnect the roads later to adjust the gold to be collected at a time when you will be able to. If you take the appropriate measures there is no way that you can be plundered. I attack almost everyone in my hood. Some I plunder, some I don't. I do this for the towers I compete in so I can gain the points and finish hopefully in the top slot and collect the highest number of medals. And one last note. If you only have a 2 spear defense and have 1 or 2 day productions sitting there, then you deserve to be plundered. 2 spear defenses automatic plunder!

DeletedUser8152

Lord have mercy! It is not bullying! First lets address WHY players may be 2 levels above you. If you engage in a lot of gvg, attacking neighbors, or anything else that will add a lot of points to your global ranking while not advancing your techs to move up in ages/eras you WILL get placed in a neighborhood where a lot of people will be above you.
Actually, the hood system is supposedly based on age, not points. But there seems to be significant random component too. So I would be cautious about making any claims that a particular style of play will affect your hood placement.

DeletedUser25543

I could be mistaken but I can honestly say that I advanced an era from HMA to LMA and did not get placed in a new neighborhood with comparable ranking until gaining a lot of global points. For the first 6 weeks after gaining an age I was still in a hood with mostly EMA and HMA players. The random factor seems to be global from my experience.

cbalto1927

Yes the neighborhood bullying is out of control. I have considered quitting several times and even got to the point where I was searching for a different game to play. In my case the top 16 players in my hood are 2 or more levels above me, 5 of which are 3 levels above. I have recently leveled my city but the good military buildings are at the end of the tech tree (Modern Era) so I have relied on winning decent defenders in the Guild Expedition. I still get slaughtered daily with my defending armies only able to take one or ticks off of one the attackers units. Timing my collections has helped some but I get about a 15-30 min window to collect, sometimes difficult to do in real life. Some of the top players attacking are from the same guild and when one of them finds my goods exposed they report to their guild mates and they swoop in and clean me out. This is evident by looking at the plunder times in the log. Another thing I am doing is shifting to goods building that can't be plundered such as GBs and playing a lot of Expedition to get goods. Inno really needs to consider fixing this issue as it is making a great game not so great.
DM - THE FORGE BRIGADE

First of all, it is not bullying, alot of players like me fight to gain their place in the rankings system. As you age up, goods at higher ages have higher requirements. Try Future Era and see how many goods you need to unlock a tech. If you dont already know, Tomorrow's Era does require enormous modern era goods to make refined goods for tomorrow era. The market and guild can offer so much goods however some tech does require you to put down 400 plus goods to unlock. Overall it just a game and dont take it seriously.

DeletedUser14197

It is part of the game. But, what makes it bullying is the neighborhood fiasco. I wouldn't call it bullying if you attack someone your age and plunder them. It would actually make the game very challenging if you could only attack and be attacked by people in the same age you are in. Even that could still easily become unfair as some players choose to sit out in an age and build up their gbs instead of moving on to a new age, or that could just be strategy. However I would call it bullying if you are future age and attack an iron age player habitually and plunder them. Just cause the game allows it, doesn't make it not bullying. And like I've said before, not everyone has the luxury of being able to always come back to the game and collect on time. I can't always. My sleep problems make my awake and sleep times vary. My family may want to do somethig other than sit around on our laptops. Real life comes before collecting. It is true that this is a fighting plundering game though, so it shouldn't be unexpected. It is just that if they have someone in a neighborhood and there is NO HOPE they could ever catch up (being LMA while they are future, would be a good example), than it just takes away from the fun of the game. No one likes to feel hopeless. The person attacking them is not skilled. They can beat them on auto. The game isn't challeging either of the players to be a better player. They are simply encouraging the more seasoned player to attack the newbie who is perhaps still learning the ropes and, believe it or not, this poor player may end up in this same hopeless hood for weeks..... or more than likely months. And no need for anyone to tell me this player can build up their city defense. I don't care how much city defense they have, it will not put a dent into a future age players military and alot of these high age players have built up their gbs to levels way out of reach to newer players.

DeletedUser14197

First of all, it is not bullying, alot of players like me fight to gain their place in the rankings system. As you age up, goods at higher ages have higher requirements. Try Future Era and see how many goods you need to unlock a tech. If you dont already know, Tomorrow's Era does require enormous modern era goods to make refined goods for tomorrow era. The market and guild can offer so much goods however some tech does require you to put down 400 plus goods to unlock. Overall it just a game and dont take it seriously.

I agree that future age tech takes an unreal amount of goods. I put my tech tree on hold as it got to frustrating to get the goods. Perhaps the game is encouraging us to plunder in order to move up. I think the lowest age good one would need for it would probably be postmodern, but that is still quite a few ages below future. I think the age goods I have had the hardest time getting has been contemporary.

DeletedUser25543

It is part of the game. But, what makes it bullying is the neighborhood fiasco. I wouldn't call it bullying if you attack someone your age and plunder them. It would actually make the game very challenging if you could only attack and be attacked by people in the same age you are in. Even that could still easily become unfair as some players choose to sit out in an age and build up their gbs instead of moving on to a new age, or that could just be strategy. However I would call it bullying if you are future age and attack an iron age player habitually and plunder them. Just cause the game allows it, doesn't make it not bullying. And like I've said before, not everyone has the luxury of being able to always come back to the game and collect on time. I can't always. My sleep problems make my awake and sleep times vary. My family may want to do somethig other than sit around on our laptops. Real life comes before collecting. It is true that this is a fighting plundering game though, so it shouldn't be unexpected. It is just that if they have someone in a neighborhood and there is NO HOPE they could ever catch up (being LMA while they are future, would be a good example), than it just takes away from the fun of the game. No one likes to feel hopeless. The person attacking them is not skilled. They can beat them on auto. The game isn't challeging either of the players to be a better player. They are simply encouraging the more seasoned player to attack the newbie who is perhaps still learning the ropes and, believe it or not, this poor player may end up in this same hopeless hood for weeks..... or more than likely months. And no need for anyone to tell me this player can build up their city defense. I don't care how much city defense they have, it will not put a dent into a future age players military and alot of these high age players have built up their gbs to levels way out of reach to newer players.
Mostly you will be in a neighborhood with players of your own age with a few one age above and a few one age below. You can defend easily against players one age above you, especially if you have your GB boosts, guild boosts, and other minor boosts such as monastery and watchtowers. Concentrate on building your defense up and you should be able to repel most attacks. Occasionally one or 2 may get through and you may get plundered. It is all part of the game.

DeletedUser13942

Actually, the hood system is supposedly based on age, not points. But there seems to be significant random component too. So I would be cautious about making any claims that a particular style of play will affect your hood placement.
I don't buy the "based on age" thing. On one world specifically I have a very high score for my age and was constantly placed in hoods well above my pay grade. I finally aged up to be more competetive on the towers but honestly, even after aging up, I'm #13 in the hood and #81 is an age ahead of me, so I have to believe score is factored in somehow.
Also on another world I don't play much I have a remarkably low score for my age and consistently end up in hoods well below my age, but placed towards the back of the hood (which is a comical surprise for attackers, love those replays)

DeletedUser14197

Mostly you will be in a neighborhood with players of your own age with a few one age above and a few one age below. You can defend easily against players one age above you, especially if you have your GB boosts, guild boosts, and other minor boosts such as monastery and watchtowers. Concentrate on building your defense up and you should be able to repel most attacks. Occasionally one or 2 may get through and you may get plundered. It is all part of the game.

I am not sure "mostly" is accurate. I have played this game for a couple years and have 6 cities. I have seen huge age differences in that time. I have read of many others on this forum. That is why I call it the neighborhood fiasco, because they can't seem to keep the neighborhoods close in age. Now, I have been in one that was close for ages in my main city. We were nearly all future or artic future with a few tomorrow age and one poor iron age player recently. They have just now taken me and a few others out and placed us in a different neighborhood which goes from modern era to future. There are only 2 of us future age players. But, that is more than 3 ages.