• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

neighbour abuse

DeletedUser23859

this "world" is full of neighbour abuse by those much higher than my level..it's bs AND unfair

DeletedUser10517

this "world" is full of neighbour abuse by those much higher than my level..it's bs AND unfair
Why?
If someone is in the Future era and they attack you.....what harm does it do? You dont lose any troops. Your army is still in place for the next guy. All 80 neighbours can attack you and it doesnt do anything to hurt you and your game.

So whats the problem?

Now if your complaint is actually "I am being Plundered"......then thats a different story.
You can be plundered by someone lower than you. You can be plundered by anyone who gets passed your army no matter what age they are.

But.......none of them can get your goods if you set them going for 1 day and always collect them as soon as they are done.

Who cares about being attacked if they arent plundering?

DeletedUser23859

I don't care about being attacked; this player PLUNDERS my city EVERY single day at the same time, disabling a 8 hour or 1 day production...it's wrong, it's childish & it's unfair..So sorry if you don't agree

DeletedUser8796

if you leave your city uncollected every day at the same time you are making it reeeally easy for them to plunder your stuff try collecting on time or changing your collection time so you can be on to collect

DeletedUser8428

I don't care about being attacked; this player PLUNDERS my city EVERY single day at the same time, disabling a 8 hour or 1 day production...it's wrong, it's childish & it's unfair..So sorry if you don't agree
Allen, I'm sorry you're unhappy about being plundered. However, in THIS GAME, plunder is not wrong, childish or unfair. Plunder is a game strategy that Innogames, developer of FOE endorses. They encourage plunder, and if you check the 'daily tips' that appear when you're logging in, you will see their standard "plunder buildings after a successful attack to steal their production" (or something like that).

There are plenty of players here who can't accept that plunder is as much a part of this game as forge points and the tech tree. Those players remain frustrated and angry as they are convinced that the game is stacked against them as 'unfair'. But Innogames never pretended to offer a game that is 'fair' based on society standards. Inno provides a battle game and rewards players who plunder ... it is part of this game.

The anti-plundering strategy that works every time is to schedule your items to be ready so that you can pick them up on time - if you leave them out, you are asking for someone to take them from you - that's the game.

If you can't accept a game where fellow players plunder you, you'll want to try another game. Elvenar is a game by the same developer, and maintains some of the city-building aspects of FOE but does not include plundering players.

https://us.elvenar.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustapha00

Allen- I do sympathize.
However, as you stated this person is plundering you at the "same time" each day, you bear part of the blame for that yourself. Vary your production times so that you are not so predictable. He might still get lucky now and then, but you have to make it as difficult as you can. If they are so far advanced above you in terms of military units, then all you can do is set up collections times so that you have the best chance of being there when they're ready.

DeletedUser

I'm gonna be the mean one here and say I do not sympathize with you, Allen. Getting attacked and plundered is part of the game. Yeah, it really sucks when there's players 2 ages ahead of you and they come and plunder your stuff - I've been there. Like a few people already said though, it's on you to manage your goods completion time and beef up your defense so you don't get plundered. There are a few players in my neighborhood that I plunder on a daily basis because I know they have little to no defense (the standard issued 2 soldiers) and they ALWAYS have things for me to plunder which, really, screams "come and get your goodies before someone else does".

Good luck with your game! I hope you're not deterred by the plundering and forge on.

DeletedUser

Since I'll admit to being the plunderer in this complaint I'll address a few things related to FACTS:

1. Our poster above complains I am several ages above him. This is blatantly untrue. I was moved into the hood just over 2 1/2 weeks ago. The top of the hood was in colonial, and at the time I was in HMA. I moved into early LMA soon after. Our poster above is in HMA. That is a ONE age difference, not much higher level. I didn't even have LMA troop buildings until a week and a half ago. So he is complaining about me beating up on him with comparable troops. As a note, I also tend to attack with weaker troops when possible because I like both a challenge and I like to win on multiple towers. So I am often winning with EMA or even IA troops in my vanguard.

2. I do not buy diamonds, my choice, I do not "cheat" the system. My points are extremely high because I am one of the most aggressive players on the server, including having more points than players an age or two ahead of me. I make no apology for this. It's a game mechanic, and I use it.

3. I will explain what I am doing, as a mechanic, if you address me properly, in game, in much the same way that hjh102 explained things above. But, I do plunder, I make it clear I plunder. It's on my profile if you look. "Ye been warned." If I'm not plundering you it's because I am after a set of Blue Prints or you've got a killer defense that's not worth the troops.

Other issues related to this are not relevant to being posted in this forum, and will be left IN GAME.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23859

Since I'll admit to being the plunderer in this complaint I'll address a few things related to FACTS:

1. Our poster above complains I am several ages above him. This is blatantly untrue. I was moved into the hood just over 2 1/2 weeks ago. The top of the hood was in colonial, and at the time I was in HMA. I moved into early LMA soon after. Our poster above is in HMA. That is a ONE age difference, not much higher level. I didn't even have LMA troop buildings until a week and a half ago. So he is complaining about me beating up on him with comparable troops. As a note, I also tend to attack with weaker troops when possible because I like both a challenge and I like to win on multiple towers. So I am often winning with EMA or even IA troops in my vanguard.

2. I do not buy diamonds, my choice, I do not "cheat" the system. My points are extremely high because I am one of the most aggressive players on the server, including having more points than players an age or two ahead of me. I make no apology for this. It's a game mechanic, and I use it.

3. I will explain what I am doing, as a mechanic, if you address me properly, in game, in much the same way that hjh102 explained things above. But, I do plunder, I make it clear I plunder. It's on my profile if you look. "Ye been warned." If I'm not plundering you it's because I am after a set of Blue Prints or you've got a killer defense that's not worth the troops.

Other issues related to this are not relevant to being posted in this forum, and will be left IN GAME.

DeletedUser23859

It seems that I am outnumbered on here so I will politely bow out of this convo...Sorry I even bothered

Meat Butcher

It seems that I am outnumbered on here so I will politely bow out of this convo...Sorry I even bothered

Well if you learned a thing or two from how different peeps explained things then it was worth it to start the thread.
I do not think there is anyone on this forum that has never been in the same situation as you.
You adapt, improvise, and overcome.

DeletedUser10517

It isnt about being "outnumbered".....its about understanding the underlying Strategies of the Game and how they are played out by different people.

You say you are plundered at the same time every day by the same person.
Instead of worrying about other people and what they might do........think about how YOU can solve that issue.

Do you think if you set all your goods going for 1 day at xTime of day, and then collected them at exactly the same time the following day that any Plunderer could get any of them?
No.....they wont.

Attacking and Plundering is part of the game............find the ways to beat it instead of saying "Its not fair". It doesnt have anything to do with "fair" :)

DeletedUser13452

Hang in there Allen, things will get better if you stick it out. The debate on neighborhoods and PvP is as old as the game, I imagine. The simplest thing you can do is to collect on time. Being attacked doesn't harm you in any way. Getting plundered is the only damage anyone can do. So, try to anticipate when you can return to collect, and set your production accordingly. Only the most avid players are able to make it everytime, so you will probably find yourself getting plundered occasionally unless you are consistently logging in on time. Good luck to you and FOE on. :)

P.S. Getting buildings motivated prevents anyone from plundering. So, fill your friends list to the max at 140, and do mopo all you can. Your friends should reciprocate and you will get your city protected by motivation. This doesn't apply to the goods production buildings as they cannot be motivated. So, they will be the only buildings you really need to worry about.

DeletedUser23790

I have been plundered, I used to get angry, then I accepted it was part of the game. Movie called 13th Warrior, character could not wield his sword, her asked "how am I supposed to fight with this" the response "grow stronger"
So I did

DeletedUser10517

I have been plundered, I used to get angry, then I accepted it was part of the game. Movie called 13th Warrior, character could not wield his sword, her asked "how am I supposed to fight with this" the response "grow stronger"
So I did
Thats the spirit! :)

DeletedUser23859

doesn't matter to me anymore, I've quit playing the game....And YES Ruby Rainfall, it does have to do with what is FAIR, period!

DeletedUser8428

Allen, you're correct. For you, it's about 'fair'. Unfortunately, this game is not built on 'fair'. So it's good that you recognize that you do not want to participate in a game that doesn't give you what you need in a game. Good luck to you, wherever you end up.