1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Net-Neutrality for non Americans

Discussion in 'Debate Hall' started by purps99, Dec 15, 2017.

1. purps99

purps99 Active Member

Sorry for asking this here but can't find an answer on the web.

I am based in the UK and we have strong rules on net-neutrality here but if the bill (or what ever its called) gets past in America, will that effect things like this game. Will it depend upon where INNO is based, what country the server is in, the country in which the ISP belongs to or the laws of the nationality of the user?

For example, I am British but go on holiday to Australia and play FOE. Foremost I am from the UK and we have net-neutrality laws here but will they still protect me if I holiday in a different country or play an American game? I hope they do not affect me as I didn't have a say in American laws.

Thank you in advance for any helpful replies.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  2. Salsuero

Salsuero Well-Known Member

Nope. This game is based in Germany. We are the only country bought and paid for and run by enough idiots to consistently shoot ourselves in the foot... and that isn't even a bad pun since guns are part of our problem (whichever way you swing that door). It may, however, affect players based in the United States. This game doesn't really seem to be "at risk" though. It doesn't tear up bandwidth and it's not "controversial". I would think this game should be just fine no matter what happens unless one or more of the ISPs gets crazy and starts upcharging for EVERYTHING not controlled directly by the ISP. Still... that would be our issue. Keep in mind, the FCC's ruling will be challenged on multiple fronts in the courts. There is no guarantee it will stick as it is INCREDIBLY unpopular among the bottom 99% of us.

purps99 likes this.
  3. purps99

purps99 Active Member

I am still learning something new every day even at my old age. Didn't realise INNO was German (my second home). Alles Gut.

Don't think all those bots help in the decision, I hope they look into who used them to cast votes, even heard of a deceased grandmother casting a vote even though she passed on 20 years ago.

4. Salsuero

Salsuero Well-Known Member

They did. The answer was a mass trolling effort by Russians. Not a conspiracy... actual evidence exists.

KungQu likes this.
  5. liotr

liotr New Member

Net neutrality repeal in the US appears to affect consumers connected through ISPs in the US. The ISPs would be allowed to throttle or block sites they didn't like, or that used too much bandwidth, or charge information providers to access the ISPs customers. That is pretty much the entire point of the net neutrality repeal, but the ISPs claim they won't do any of these things. But they are spending millions of $ to make certain they can. Why dpenfd all that money if you are not going to use it? They have been caught breaking net neutrality in the past...