Never-ending Halloween Story

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Menace, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Menace

Menace FOE Team Co-Community Manager

Time for one of your old favourites for this month's contest. Get your creative juices flowing, folks, as Halloween is just around the corner. Please add a couple of lines to this story, following on from the previous post. I'm looking forward to reading this :)
    The contest will close on October 30th. There will be 10 random prizes awarded, of 50 diamonds each, so good luck!

The wicked witch scratched the huge wart on the end of her nose, and smiled sadly at her cat, who was miaowing piteously in front of the fire.
    "I know, Lucifer - I'm hungry too. But we never seem to get visitors any more!"
    She crossed the room to the cupboard to look inside, and sighed to see only a few bones and a pile of crumbs.
    Just then, there was a knock at the door of the cottage....

*The rules may change at any given time

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  2. Jern2017

Jern2017 Well-Known Member

The wicked witch scratched the huge wart on the end of her nose, and smiled sadly at her cat, who was miaowing piteously in front of the fire.
    She crossed the room to the cupboard to look inside, and sighed to see only a few bones and a pile of crumbs.
    Just then, there was a knock at the door of the cottage. Lucifer jumped up and hissed, arching his back.

3. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Well-Known Member

The wicked witch scratched the huge wart on the end of her nose and smiled sadly at her cat, who was miaowing piteously in front of the fire.
    She crossed the room to the cupboard to look inside and sighed to see only a few bones and a pile of crumbs.
    Just then, there was a knock at the door of the cottage.....

Ahhhhhh. Fresh meat! The old witch bumbled over and cracked the door ajar. There, not 2 feet away, a cloaked figure, holding a bloody scythe. It stepped through the door and grabbed Lucifer. The witch then bowed and cackled for the remainder of the night.

4. lannister the rich

lannister the rich Active Member

...it was her grandson who finally returned from the grocery store.
    “Billy?! Where have you been? It’s been weeks!”
    “Sorry, mammaw, I was looking for the newts’ eyes, but none of the stores had them.”
    “That’s alright, we can check the backyard again. Did you get the ham? I just need one more bone to make the broth. Come in! Sit down. Let’s chat, it’s just been me and Lucifer. I feel like I’m going crazy.”
    So, the witch made some lunch, and they sat in the main room and talked for a while until it was time for Billy to go home.

Finally, Billy said, “Mammaw, I’ve been meaning to tell you...”
    But before he could say anything, Lucifer got spooked by something and ran out the door. Billy ran to chase him down, but he lost the cat.
    “He’ll come back; he knows who feeds him.”, said the Witch. “Now, what was it you wanted to tell me?”
    “Oh, it was nothing. I’ll call you tomorrow, sound good?”
    “That sounds wonderful.”
    And as Billy drove away, the witch said to herself, “Such a nice boy.”

Sadly, Lucifer never returned. And Billy, the beloved grandson, never called. And the Witch, realizing she’s now more alone than ever, turned over in her bed and cried.

Godly Luke likes this.
  5. Jern2017

Jern2017 Well-Known Member

I understand this is a "never-ending story" and that every poster is suppposed to post a couple of lines and the next person posting continues the story.

6. Menace

Menace FOE Team Co-Community Manager

Correct :)

7. lannister the rich

lannister the rich Active Member

Oh...so do we start over from Jern’s @Godly Luke ?

Godly Luke likes this.
  8. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Well-Known Member

“Sorry, mammaw, I was looking for the newts’ eyes, but none of the stores had them.”
    “That’s alright, we can check the backyard again. Did you get the ham? I just need one more bone to make the broth. Come in! Sit down. Let’s chat, it’s just been me and Lucifer. I feel like I’m going crazy.”
    So, the witch made some lunch, and they sat in the main room and talked for a while until it was time for Billy to go home.

But before he could say anything, Lucifer got spooked by something and ran out the door. Billy ran to chase him down, but he lost the cat.
    “He’ll come back; he knows who feeds him.”, said the Witch. “Now, what was it you wanted to tell me?”
    “That sounds wonderful.”

Sadly, Lucifer never returned. And Billy, the beloved grandson, never called. And the Witch, realizing she’s now more alone than ever, turned over in her bed and cried.

However, little did the Witch know that her cell service had died and she had accidentally locked the doggy door (cat door?). Her poor cat had been clawing at the door, but the Witch couldn't hear it because of her weeping. Her cat stayed out for so long that it froze solid and never thawed, making any visitors question why the weird lady had a realistic cat statue. The witch turned her attention to her FoE account. She immediately brought up the Cultural Settlements Guide to help her get through the settlements with ease. In doing so, she had an amazing time and got addicted to the game. The only thing that made her stop was when she noticed a sale where the game, for 999999 diamonds, was selling something. She looked closer to read the text on the small screen. She said aloud what she saw.

9. barra370804

barra370804 Well-Known Member

“That sounds wonderful.”

However, little did the Witch know that her cell service had died and she had accidentally locked the doggy door (cat door?). Her poor cat had been clawing at the door, but the Witch couldn't hear it because of her weeping. Her cat stayed out for so long that it froze solid and never thawed, making any visitors question why the weird lady had a realistic cat statue. The witch turned her attention to her FoE account. She immediately brought up the Cultural Settlements Guide to help her get through the settlements with ease. In doing so, she had an amazing time and got addicted to the game. The only thing that made her stop was when she noticed a sale where the game, for 999999 diamonds, was selling something. She looked closer to read the text on the small screen. She said aloud what she saw:

"120 medals! AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MEDALS!!!"

The witch, being the evil witch she was, grabbed one of her many fake credit cards, and sealed the deal.

10. ProteusManifest

ProteusManifest New Member

lol, I don't think anyone understood how to do this properly. It's a shame, this could have been fun.

11. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

The story thus far

12. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

With a gleam in her eye the witch set out to tell everyone how to play the game properly. Everyone must know the tremendous fun of medals! Especially with the fake credit card!

13. Pachoo Lee

Pachoo Lee New Member

Later that night, the wicked witch brought in her deceased cat. It seemed a proper ghastly notion, to make the animal a statue but she came back to reality, the loss of a house member. She admired the carcass, thinking about the non-complaining feline, no matter the plight.

As she was getting the screen going for the diamond hack a disembodied hand sprung upon her tree stump desk and gently gripped her wrist. The hand took over custody of the laptop and started typing the wicked witches information in a form.

The witch roared, "for the life of me, the moldy potatoes in the collapsed pantry have more enjoyment!"

"Huh?"

She noticed a notification and checked her inbox. She was a winner of a small prize. The notification was like a happy pill. Like great sorcery, her heart was filled with ease. A happiness overcame her like the holy feeling of a direct deposit on a given date. The toughened hand was on to something.

14. spnnr

spnnr Well-Known Member

Later that night, the wicked witch brought in her deceased cat. It seemed a proper ghastly notion, to make the animal a statue but she came back to reality, the loss of a house member. She admired the carcass, thinking about the non-complaining feline, no matter the plight.

As she was getting the screen going for the diamond hack a disembodied hand sprung upon her tree stump desk and gently gripped her wrist. The hand took over custody of the laptop and started typing the wicked witches information in a form.

The witch roared, "for the life of me, the moldy potatoes in the collapsed pantry have more enjoyment!"

"Huh?"

She noticed a notification and checked her inbox. She was a winner of a small prize. The notification was like a happy pill. Like great sorcery, her heart was filled with ease. A happiness overcame her like the holy feeling of a direct deposit on a given date. The toughened hand was on to something.

Then her heart sank as she read the details of the email. She needed to send her banking details to free a Nigerian Prince's fortune
    which was being held hostage by a corrupt government. It was quite tempting an offer ..so tempting that ...

Godly Luke likes this.