1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.156

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

nevermind

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by persephone 4650 the bold, Jun 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. persephone 4650 the bold

persephone 4650 the bold New Member

Proposed change

I have a few suggestions as it pertains to the "edit" features under the building screen.
    1) when using the edit option to reconfigure the town layout make it so you can delete buildings from that screen as well.
    2) to make it easier to see building types and function on the construction page allow more spacific sorting like just housing or helps with attack strength or only production buildings.
    3) this is the most important to me. Again when using the edit screen you must let us sort by how much space a building takes up. It's so hard to start over with layout and not instantly know the size of buildings with out taping the icon for the building specs. I always need to know is it a 3x3 3x4 4x4 so I can lay out my streets.

Currently

the sort is too broad and takes too much time to find the right building especially for players that have a lot of buildings

Cons

I dont see how anyone could use this to cheat

2. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Those are actually 3 seperate proposals and 2 of those are proposed multiple times.

DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  3. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

You can simply return to your city and delete the building you wish and then reenter Reconstruction Mode and your progress will have been saved, so it essentially gives you what you want. It's not like it was at the start where every time you exited you had to start over.
    This is just not doable. When you consider all the different bonuses/boosts, not to mention the buildings that have two or more different bonuses/boosts, there just isn't any way to provide enough tabs. And even if they did provide the few dozen tabs that would be necessary, it would be even less user friendly than the few tabs we have now.
    While I understand the reasoning behind this, again it would result in way too many tabs to be user friendly when you consider all the different sizes and orientations of buildings.
    Great points.

I believe we will move this to Forge Hall for discussion. Please split this into 3 different proposals if you decide to move forward with any of them, although I doubt any of them will gain much traction with the members here.

4. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

5. persephone 4650 the bold

thanks all for being so dismissive and making me feel like my ideas are not "doable". it would be nice if this was inclusive forum that welcomed ideas and perhaps have some feedback about what would make these ideas "doable"

and a special thanks for Dreadful for driving that welcoming feeling home!

6. DreadfulCadillac

For starters, we are usually.
    @Stephen Longshanks brought up some GREAT POINTS.
    @Agent327 is...well him!
    @DreadfulCadillac will be me.
    and when i post proposals that i have a negative look on, i say -1 and somtimes point out great points others have made so i dont have to.
    I mean honestly, you are lucky this was not in the days before the changes to the format....
    Stop complaining, and if you are confused why your idea has been shur down so far, maybe ASK?
    @persephone 4650 the bold

7. persephone 4650 the bold

@DreadfulCadillac will be me.
    and when i post proposals that i have a negative look on, i say -1 and somtimes point out great points others have made so i dont have to.
    I mean honestly, you are lucky this was not in the days before the changes to the format....
    Stop complaining, and if you are confused why your idea has been shur down so far, maybe ASK?

Wow! I'm lucky !?!

you have contributed nothing to this thread you just type to troll!

8. DreadfulCadillac

i type to troll!
    if i typed to troll, why did i like one of your forum posts before u said i type to troll!
    #2 im giving you feedback.like i would with EVERY SINGLE OTHER proposal i dont like..who said i have to like everything!?
    and it can be done with proposals.i got a proposal submitted to inno games long ago..it depends on what the proposal is tho.
    want a link? (if i can find a link) :)

barra370804 likes this.
  9. Stephen Longshanks

Nobody is attacking you, we are pointing out flaws in your suggestions. I have made 3 or 4 proposals in the time I've been on the Forum, and every one of them got shot down almost exactly like this. Don't take it personally. And don't let it stop you from making more suggestions in the future.

As far as making your suggestions "doable", look at your second and third suggestions. You suggest sorting by building and boost type, then also suggest sorting by building size. This means you would have a separate tab for each differently sized residential building, then a separate tab for each differently sized production building, then a separate tab for each differently sized building that gives attack boost. Do you see how unwieldy that would be? If I knew how to make both of those "doable", I would tell you, but I honestly don't.

barra370804 and DreadfulCadillac like this.
  10. persephone 4650 the bold

clearly i'm the problem,

message received!

11. DreadfulCadillac

i need you to understand here that you r NOT the proble!!.your proposal is.no human being is a problem, ever, there ACTIONS are.!

12. Stephen Longshanks

No, the logistics of what you suggested is the problem. The underlying motivation of your suggestions, to make the display more user-friendly, is fine. And that's the personal part of the proposal. What we are pointing out is the flaws in the mechanics of what you suggested, not your motivation or anything else about you personally.

13. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

@persephone 4650 the bold, don't take it personally.

This idea is nothing new, it's been proposed multiple times since RC mode appeared. As it appears you're new to the game and forum, you don't know that, or know that less than a year ago, RC mode didn't exist.

As @Stephen Longshanks pointed out, since the last RC mode update just a few months ago, RC mode now saves edits. By returning to your city, there's now a way to delete buildings while you're working on a new layout. Learn how to do it and that takes care of point 1.

Regarding the sorting requests, I agree with most. For an experienced player, it's all a bunch of fluff, not worth the effort to program. Not sure the need for the extreme push back because we think that. I get it, you're new, but try learning why experienced players think this way. Storming off in a huff and getting pissy because they don't support your proposal will not improve your game.

And c'mon, you can already click the icon to see all the data you're looking for. You want Inno to completely overhaul the system because you don't want to click to look? You're confused why this is getting shot down?

As far as trollish behavior is concerned, it's only trollish behavior if you think it is. If you do think it is, it's you projecting your own emotions onto words that convey none. Projecting your stuff onto others' words is rarely productive either, it just leads to forum fights. See mirror for exhibit 'A'.

Welcome to the game, and the forum. Thanks for finding and using the preferred proposal format.

Since you're new, be aware that until you've been playing for a year or so, any proposal you might propose has already been proposed. Multiple times. In all those areas where you think there's a proposal that needs proposing, come asking a question. "I want to do such and such easier, is there a way?" or "Why can't I do this?" "I don't understand why this works the way it does. Can anyone explain it to me?"

In other words, learn the game before trying to change the game. Things that seem so important now, will soon become trivial and even laughable. There's lot's of knowledge to be learned from very knowledgeable players here on the forum. If you want to to learn the knowledge they know, it's usually best not to start off by engaging in a troll fight with your instructors. That won't improve your game either.

As for @Agent327, we've mostly learned to ignore him, but not completely as he does often make good points. Beyond that, just consider him the forum's skin thickener, an important function in today's digital age.

14. Pythagoras 1290 The Dire

Pythagoras 1290 The Dire Well-Known Member

I've been playing the game before the Reconstruction Mode was released. Now that we can use it, rearranging your city is much, much simpler. Even more now that you can save your progress. Before they implemented RC, you were in for some hard work and had to have some Store Building items if you didn't have any space available in your city to move your buildings around. So, I'm happy with the Reconstruction mode as it is. I'm don't know much about programming, but it seems to me your proposal would need too much work for too little benefit. Take some time and patiently rearrange your city and you won't have to do it again for a long time.

15. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

So we are supposed to give you feedback and help you and you can just disregard the way how youi are supposed to present a proposal? Just share what comes up in your head and just ignore having to search if it has not been brought up before?

Sure, that will work. Sorry if you did not like the response.

16. Stephen Longshanks

Closing the thread.

barra370804 likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.