• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New debate on Feild Soberity Test for Marijuana

DeletedUser29191

Disclosure Im not a pot smoker or do drugs of any type... just creating a debate on a topic...In California they are trying to implement a new Feild Soberity Test for Marijuana it is similar to a DUI test.... Question how can you test someone and get an accurate sample of how much THC is in someones system at the time of test and what is legal limit ? Is there one? Problem is it stays in system for 30 days or more so you could get pulled over two weeks after you smoked.. yes its still in your system so what you are going to get an DUI? I dont know about all this I see alot of legal suits coming its already implemented in 3 cities here...I do understand concept for it but ......

DeletedUser25273

Myy understanding on the tests is that it is DETECTABLE for a long time, so you will 'flunk' a drug usage test for quite some time, and these tests mostly look for metabolized remnants. Different tests can detect the level of active ingrediats, which conform much closer to your level of imparment, which are the tests that you would use for this sort of test.

Disclaimer, I am not a pot user, and subject to the first type of test for cause.

DeletedUser25637

Different Test show different Things.
Blood Test - up to a week.. depending on use. 1 toke will show up in blood shortly after you hit it.
Urine - pot stays in system 1 - 30 days or more depending on how often and how much
Hair - shows 90 day pot use no matter how much or little you smoke
Mouth Swab - 1 hour to 12 hours

In my opinion, I would think someone smoking pot is much less dangerous, by far, than someone drinking alcohol.

DeletedUser29191

Different Test show different Things.
Blood Test - up to a week.. depending on use. 1 toke will show up in blood shortly after you hit it.
Urine - pot stays in system 1 - 30 days or more depending on how often and how much
Hair - shows 90 day pot use no matter how much or little you smoke
Mouth Swab - 1 hour to 12 hours

In my opinion, I would think someone smoking pot is much less dangerous, by far, than someone drinking alcohol.
I agree... just want to eat and be lazy lol

DeletedUser33003

Sorry for arriving late to this, there is a problem with the discussion here worth addressing:

Field Sobriety Tests are not the same as medical laboratory tests to evaluate the contents of a person's bodily fluids.

FSTs are those tests that officers instruct people suspected of being under of the influence, at roadside. Alcohol-related FSTs for example are: Walk and Turn (aka Balance), One-legged Stand, and Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN) test. These tests confirm suspicions, providing probable cause to then require the laboratory tests previously mentioned.

Shouse Law in California, a private law firm that specializes in DUI defense states on their website that California law enforcement agencies employ the alcohol-related FSTs currently to address marijuana-oriented influence incidents, and I suspect there's no reason to re-invent the wheel on these tests for the purposes of addressing marijuana.

DeletedUser35877

First the police officer has to suspect you are driving impaired. Weaving in the lane, missing stop signs and such. Then they get to do a field sobriety test. This tests your control of your body and your ability to follow instructions. This generated the call for a screening test. In the case of alcohol, a breathalyzer or a blood test. In the case of marijuana, I believe that there is currently no breathalyzer or similar field test available yet.

The standard field sobriety tests may or may not need slight tweaking to work well for detecting impaired by marijuana. A field test for the presencep of marujuana impairment sould be developed.

I am not certain whether driving high on marijuana is safer than driving drink or not. I have yet to see stastics on driving accidents that also take into account usage prevalence.

Elfwand

A chemical test would be difficult for the reasons you've given but there are the old school tests for a driver's balance and manual deterity. Less reliable, which is why we have breathalyzers but the facts is the officers are trained to determine if someone seems unsafe to drive.

DeletedUser40191

Stick them in a car simulator or put them in a Fortnite game while wearing an Oculus. If they're stoned or drunk they'll be dead within a minute.