• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Empire

DeletedUser8152

You usually do a bit better posting on the chat board in the game. Ask if any guilds are recruiting.

Raslo81

Thanks jaelis, I don't have the best luck with chat. Half the time it doesn't work. I have checked my firewall but that's not it. I will keep checking though.

DeletedUser8428

You could also do what I did early on. ("Please be my friend" sounded a lot like high school to me) I went to top listed players in my hood (the ones who hadn't plundered me) and sent friend requests. A couple accepted. Then I went to the global players list and did the same thing with the top 20 or so players. Some of them accepted, a couple are still my friends. I visited their cities to watch how they grew, what they did. Did they put in a lot of goods buildings at the expense of other things? Houses? How did they get enough people? So, I asked 'em. "How do you", "why did you", "How do I keep from getting plundered"? **And I took their advice when they offered it.**

Although not everyone answered, there are several top players who enjoy sharing what they know. They explain strategy, patience, fighting in the towers, GvG, what guilds do, which buildings to junk and rebuild so everything fits better .... I also have had access to GB blueprints well beyond the era I was in. And their assistance in getting my own GB leveled. For me, it's not about M/P, although that's nice. I'd rather have an experienced player who willingly answers my questions - not with their opinion, but their experience.

If what I've seen in FOE is anything to go by, just like in life, there are some incredibly generous players in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raslo81

You could also do what I did early on. ("Please be my friend" sounded a lot like high school to me) I went to top listed players in my hood (the ones who hadn't plundered me) and sent friend requests. A couple accepted. Then I went to the global players list and did the same thing with the top 20 or so players. Some of them accepted, a couple are still my friends. I visited their cities to watch how they grew, what they did. Did they put in a lot of goods buildings at the expense of other things? Houses? How did they get enough people? So, I asked 'em. "How do you", "why did you", "How do I keep from getting plundered"? **And I took their advice when they offered it.**

Although not everyone answered, there are several top players who enjoy sharing what they know. They explain strategy, patience, fighting in the towers, GvG, what guilds do, which buildings to junk and rebuild so everything fits better .... I also have had access to GB blueprints well beyond the era I was in. And their assistance in getting my own GB leveled. For me, it's not about M/P, although that's nice. I'd rather have an experienced player who willingly answers my questions - not with their opinion, but their experience.

If what I've seen in FOE is anything to go by, just like in life, there are some incredibly generous players in this game.

Yes typing that did feel quite award, but everyone said it is key to find friends. I have been watching global chat a bit, but haven't jumped on myself. I have been the top guy in the neighborhood and was the plunderer. What can I say there was a tournament going on so I had to. I am trying to smooth it over now, at least until the next tournament, Thanks for the excellent insight.

DeletedUser23766

If you plunder the crap out of someone they just might end up friending you, in order to get you to stop. ;)