• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Forge of Empires Logo Feedback

DeletedUser17135

Why do you guys always have to try to fix something that isn't really broken...So far, your track record has you making a worse problem for the game than you started with everytime you "fix" something...Now the Chat system is messed up and it worked perfectly before....when you "fixed" messaging, you broke it and left us all completely unable to communicate with anyone....Ya'll tripping....If you're going to charge actual money for it, you should at least make sure it works and stop messing it up....Every single time you make a change, something else goes on the blink....

DeletedUser24156

Why do you guys always have to try to fix something that isn't really broken...So far, your track record has you making a worse problem for the game than you started with everytime you "fix" something...Now the Chat system is messed up and it worked perfectly before....when you "fixed" messaging, you broke it and left us all completely unable to communicate with anyone....Ya'll tripping....If you're going to charge actual money for it, you should at least make sure it works and stop messing it up....Every single time you make a change, something else goes on the blink....

Whenever people ask why companies make stupid decisions, I always refer them to this informative documentary:

3014db406d5301301d7c001dd8b71c47

lemonwedgie

We are interested in your comments, thoughts and suggestions about the new logo. Please place your feedback here.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

You have asked us for feedback - logo ... meh, really unimpressive and VERY generic ...

May I ask why Inno felt the need to change their logo. There is usually very good logic and valid thoughts with re-branding as its costs time and money .... and seeing as there are many other issues to address with the game, why did a logo change become priority?

qaccy

You have asked us for feedback - logo ... meh, really unimpressive and VERY generic ...

May I ask why Inno felt the need to change their logo. There is usually very good logic and valid thoughts with re-branding as its costs time and money .... and seeing as there are many other issues to address with the game, why did a logo change become priority?

This was likely a project handled by a different part of the team and did not draw resources away from other areas of the game. You don't ask an artist to work as a server technician, just as you wouldn't ask your dentist to install carpeting in your living room. :D

lemonwedgie

This was likely a project handled by a different part of the team and did not draw resources away from other areas of the game. You don't ask an artist to work as a server technician, just as you wouldn't ask your dentist to install carpeting in your living room. :D

I understand that - my background is in Marketing, specifically re-branding. There has to be valid reasons as to why a company thinks changing the logo will be positive and that starts with the suits, not the creative department.

DeletedUser8152

It hasn't made it into the game yet, but you can see it at the top of the forum page.

DeletedUser23071

Not needed

There is no need to change the logo. Most people don't care. If the new logo will stop the message system from blinking all the the time then by all means change it. Perhaps changing the logo every week will correct some of the other problems as well. If the logo does not fix the message problem then try changing the color of the loading bard from green to blue I bet that will take care of the problem. Ok let's get real you are going to change the logo whatever gets written here so save time and effort and change it and leave the player out of the loop because you have already decided to change it.

DeletedUser15855

<Sacrcasm>I love the new logo.</sarcasm>

Seriously, it didn't need changing and the new one is uglier. PLUS, why not ask about the other changes you snuck in with it? The new pops for different modal boxes are also uglier (such as in the pirate prize notifications).

But, the WORST by FAR is you breaking (once again) the player ribbon. Now, after every attack it is going back to the first player in the hood. That sucks. Haven't tried aiding, so don't know if that's screwed up too, but attacking sure is. For someone who attacks all my hoodies every day that is a major time waster. My hoodies thank you. Me, not so much.

DeletedUser7828

Dear Community,

As some of you have already heard, we plan to exchange the logo of Forge of Empires. On 11/17/2015 the current logo will disappear from the game and new one will show up.

So why are we doing this? Over the course of years, we have noticed that while the current logo looks very good, it does not clearly represent what the game is actually about: advancing through ages. Additionally, as the mobile market keeps growing, we don't want to stay behind and the old logo is not too mobile-oriented. So to improve the readability and express the "core part" of the game better, we decided to introduce changes.

As you can see, it puts the first word of the game's name in the center and makes it much more prominent. There are also some buildings visible (more middle age-like ones on the left and some pretty modern ones to the right), which, as it's been mentioned, represent the element of travelling through the history of mankind.

This is the second time we change the Forge of Empires logo (the previous change was just a slight lifting shortly after the game was first presented, so it was a long time ago and it was not even very visible). This time the change is much more significant though and we're convinced that it is a good move towards making our game more recognizable.

You will see the new logo roll out across all our game pages soon!

And of course feel free to let us know what you think about it
HERE!
clear.png

Your Forge of Empires Team

did any of you read this note from FOE telling why they are changing it?
I don't pay much attention to these kinds of details but if it makes it more mobile browser friendly like they say, then that's all good.

DeletedUser17347

First, the new logo looks fine.
Second, if you would not have said anything only 2 people would have even noticed.
How many man hours did this take to get this hammered out? I am sure there was 400+ meetings to discuss this. Is anyone that works there even a programmer? Or are all of you marketing / business / project management? Seriously, out of ALL the issues, this is what you decided needed fixed. LMAO.

Well congrats on the new logo! Pat yourself on the back softly as I don't want you to hurt yourself.

DrM

DeletedUser24274

I like the logo, overall. It's clean, neat and represents the range of time by the different buildings. It's a bit cartoony compared to the actual game. I have not seen a real life shield that is so wide. It looks stretched out.

DawnLight the Just

It looks like a step backwards in logo-ing. Like it was a first draft that was discarded years ago. The differing towers that move through the ages is cute, but if I had to decide to choose this game over another based on the logo, I'd move on.

DeletedUser

Sorry, but I don't like the new logo at all. The previous one was way better in every aspect. I don't like the usage of
"abbreviation". The last one had two lines of text, each beautiful in their own way and flawlessly placed adjacent to each other. The new one looks like there is no more to the game than offered on the logo design.

PS: I am a logo designer.