• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New GB Hackers Hideout

DeletedUser27392

Title Hackers Hideout

Inspired by the vf storyline and the ammount that real life hackers effect government However I believe this gbs inspiration would work for any age in the game after the invention of computers

I imagine it high tech looking but also very having a very underworld shady look to it

Boost military/ fp and medals
20% chance 30% increase in attack And deffense of attacking army for 1 hr. (This is a massive boost 100 turns into 130 200 turns into 260 and so on. However the 1 hr time limit makes it hard to corrdinate a gvsg run or attack the whole hood)
20% chance city shield 12 hrs
20% chance 50% attack and deffense bonus for defending troops 24 hrs
40% chance fp

Level 1 2% chance hack is successful. (If successful you are awarded one of the above prizes at random) if fp prize is won you get 1 fp. X medals won regardless not a medal expert so I'll wait on feedback for amount
Level 2 4% chance hack is successful 2 fp if that prize is won x medals regardless
Level 3 6%chance hack is successful 3 fp if that prize is won x medals regardless
Level 10 20% chance hack is successful 10 fp if that prize is won x medals regardless
Level 11 21% chance hack is sucess 11 fp if that prize is won x medals regardless
Level 12 22% chance hack is sucess 12 fp if that prize is won x medals regardless
Level 40 50% chance hack is success 40 fp if that prize is won x medals regardless
Level 41 50.5% chance hack is sucess 41 fp if that prize is won x medals regardless
Level 42 51% chance hack is sucess 42 fp if that prize is won x medals regardless
Level 70 65% chance hack is sucess 70 fp if fp is won x medals regardless
From this point forward chance of winning increases by .1, fp in won increases by 1 , medals let's face it they are a booby prize so you always get something

Building size 4x5
Should give room for a fun design and use Enough space for what it provides

Explanation
Many would enjoy the lottery style of a gb that might give no prize or a random prize that woukd actually help. While the attack power up is very powerful the 20% chance of winning it and 1 hr time limit prevents it form going crazy. Many both attackers and farmers woukd enjoy a 12 hr city shield but the fact it's only 12 makes it still possible to plunder you. Fp is always a popular prize. The deffense boost unlike the city shield won't protect you but will help a lot and does last 24 hrs
I think this building has something for everyone. Fits with the real life times and later ages of the game and would be hard to abuse

DeletedUser34800

Okay. Unique and interesting. I am sure there are people who would love the lottery aspect, and as you said, there can be something for everyone.

Maybe a tweak on the % numbers and actual bonuses, but that would be balance work for the devs.

I like the concept.

Now, personally, I wouldn't build it (unless it looked really cool). Lottery isn't my style is all. But that's just me, and my city is all. Nothing against the GB idea

Salsuero

I wouldn't build it. I don't see that it's particularly overpowered necessarily, but 60% of the time, I'd get something I don't want. I'll leave that for the people who prefer games of chance to games of skill.

DeletedUser27392

I thought attack bonus was high but numbers can be adjusted based on feedback

DeletedUser

So is this on a 24 hour cycle? Meaning you "collect" after 24 hours, and when you do the prize is determined? And, if so, would you be able to double dip? If you could double dip and one of the boost came up on both "collections", would you get double the time on it, or would one of them be wasted?

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's not worthless, like some of the GBs that have been proposed lately, but I'm not sure it would be worth building unless you were going to level it up pretty high. (I know that's not an issue for those with the Arc and/or hyper-leveling virus, but some of us have resisted so far.)

DeletedUser27392

Not sure why you couldn't double dip. Yes its value increases is it gets to very high levels much like the ao.

DeletedUser

Not sure why you couldn't double dip. Yes its value increases is it gets to very high levels much like the ao.
But what happens if you double dip and the same boost comes up? Inquiring minds want to know. Okay, one inquiring mind. :)

DeletedUser27392

I would expect them to stack

In the case of attack defense that's 30% + 30% wich is different than 60%

DeletedUser17606

Cool concept. Well thought out. the bonus' arnt over powered, pretty much replaces the friends tavern. Great idea!

DeletedUser27392

I was told by a player this was proper format for a great building suggestion. :(

If any fans of the idea want t reformat it for me that would be great. If not it might die due to formatting

Agent327

I was told by a player this was proper format for a great building suggestion. :(

It isn't.

It is a format used on the beta when they held a GB contest. It is not the format for proposals that is used on this forum.

If any fans of the idea want t reformat it for me that would be great. If not it might die due to formatting

It will die anyhow. Never ever has a GB that a player spontaneously suggested made it into the game. You are wasting your time.

DeletedUser8428

Brent , the correct format for submitting a proposal is found at the top of "Proposals" in a post with [READ BEFORE POSTING] in the title. Sorry you missed that. It's here - https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/

I will not argue that Razors idea posted here is a good one -
Brent, here is a GB proposal outline previously suggested by Inno. This might help you to flesh out your idea.

Here is the suggested format for the GB entry:
  • Great Building Name:
  • Inspired By: What inspired you for this building? What real life building is it based on, you can include an *image. If it is a building of your own design, please describe what it looks like, and include an example graphic if possible. (A *graphic is not required though.)
  • Description: Make this similar to how we already provide general descriptions for each Great Building.
  • Boosts: What boosts does it provide? Precise percentages or amounts are not important for each level. Just give us an idea of what boosts you would like to see it provide in general, or what it might provide at level 1.
  • Building Size: What is the size of the building on the city grid?
  • Explanation: Why do you feel the boosts and other specifications on this building are a good idea for the game?

But this isn't the format as posted in the message from the mods above in the proposals guidelines. That's why Snowbelle asked for the correct format.

Emberguard

Just to clarify, this is what you're proposing right?

Roll for success / fail

If Success [rolls to select one of the following]:
> Attacking Army boost
> Defending Army boost
> FPs
> City Shield

Upon Fail / Success:
Medals

Improvement Suggestion:
Personally I would move the FPs to being guaranteed regardless of outcome, remove the medals and make the gambling aspect purely based on boosts.

I would expect them to stack

In the case of attack defense that's 30% + 30% wich is different than 60%

Based on how other GBs/Tavern Boosts/Event Buildings work functionality wise I would not expect this. I would think if you did double dip and got successful both times that the second time would replace the result of the first time for the boost part.

This GB is basically complementing what the Tavern does. The tavern costs 50 diamonds to activate a second boost and you cannot overlap on the type of boost. If you activate the cheapest attack boost (10%) and then unlock the diamond slot you can't touch any of the attack boosts through the tavern until your 10% runs out.

Otherwise if it does stack, I would love for the game to do that with all GBs not just this one

Last edited:

DeletedUser27392

Just to clarify, this is what you're proposing right?

Roll for success / fail

If Success [rolls to select one of the following]:
> Attacking Army boost
> Defending Army boost
> FPs
> City Shield

Upon Fail / Success:
Medals

Improvement Suggestion:
Personally I would move the FPs to being guaranteed regardless of outcome, remove the medals and make the gambling aspect purely based on boosts.

Based on how other GBs/Tavern Boosts/Event Buildings work functionality wise I would not expect this. I would think if you did double dip and got successful both times that the second time would replace the result of the first time for the boost part.

This GB is basically complementing what the Tavern does. The tavern costs 50 diamonds to activate a second boost and you cannot overlap on the type of boost. If you activate the cheapest attack boost (10%) and then unlock the diamond slot you can't touch any of the attack boosts through the tavern until your 10% runs out.

Otherwise if it does stack, I would love for the game to do that with all GBs not just this one

You are correct in what I was thinking (beyond that what you got from gamble being random based on percentages much like how a wishing well works but with select tavrin boost is rewards). I also think it's a good plan to nix the medals for fp and just have the gambling part based on boost. I think a lot more would build it if fps were guarded. I had been afraid of making it overpowered but most seem to think I didn't do that.

DeletedUser27392

Never ever has a GB that a player spontaneously suggested made it into the game. You are wasting your time.

Perhaps this should be the opening line in th how to submit a gb idea instructions lol

DeletedUser34800

Ha. Probably.

I mean, he's right. They never make it into the game. So, it doesn't really matter.

Still, it's fun debating on people's ideas for GBs. Good or bad. Until it devolves into bickering and arguing. Then you gotta take a step back and remember: it doesn't matter, won't make it in game.

Never know though. One day, one of these GB ideas may make it into the game. Probably not any time soon, but maybe one day.

Someone wins the lotto, right? Can't win if you don't play.

Edit: want a better chance at it getting in? Avoid things on the DNSL. Like land expansions (directly or indirectly) for example. Devs won't even glance at DNSL stuff.

DeletedUser32389

Never ever has a GB that a player spontaneously suggested made it into the game. You are wasting your time.
Do you know anything about this? I do not, I'll say up front. I think it's the only building that has a "suggested by" qualifier, I bet that you're right in that it was suggested on beta. Sometimes they make a good conversation starter, if you don't like it don't read em;)
kTx4MVK.png