• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New GBG rule.

CatNik

The first sector a guild plants a flag in can not be taken by another guild with in the first 4 hours from the start of a GBG season.

I like the idea. Has anyone ever seen anything similar proposed before?

Emberguard

I see no point to giving immunity to a Guilds first sector attacked at the start of season. Your opponents would have to race across multiple sectors at best, or the entire map length at worst, just to reach your first attacked sector.

If we are changing it so the lock starts from the Guilds first attack, then I would suggest this is a replacement to the lock upon capture, with the countdown continuing on whatever’s left once it is captured instead of starting a new one.

CatNik

Absolutely not. They can plant and then go to the sector beside and take it ignoring the first sector until the 4 hours is almost up and then flip it for another 4 hours . Nope.
They wouldn't be able to plant another flag until that one was taken. This would give a chance to guilds that can't get players together at 5am in the morning.

Emberguard

This would give a chance to guilds that can't get players together at 5am in the morning.
What's the difference then?

If the sector is captured then there's a 4-hr lockout anyway. How long does it take that first sector to be reached by the other Guilds? And how long does it take your Guild to capture its first sector for this to actually change anything?

Ebeondi Asi

To me the idea is like throwing a small morsel to a very few Guilds, while the big guys take everything else. I can see small weak guilds migh like it. Anyine taking nore than one sector will jut ignore the idea.
So IMO the desire to make rules to give the weakest Guilds a tiny gift? never gonna happen.