• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New guild requirements

gianteagle

Does anyone else think that you should have to be farther in the game than when you unlock guilds to be able to create one. I think it would be good to make it so you need a certain amount of points or be in a farther age to start your own guild. You would still be able to join another but not create your own until late. This might help decrease empty guilds as anyone who started one would have to have invested a lot of time to quit. Besides, anyone almost anyone in Iron age would not benefit from their own guild. It may need to be based on the point system so that Iron age campers with millions of points can start a guild, but not someone with 6000 points.
Comment your thoughts. I don't want to format this into an idea just to get shutdown but it is worth a discussion I think.

CaptainKirk1234

Does anyone else think that you should have to be farther in the game than when you unlock guilds to be able to create one. I think it would be good to make it so you need a certain amount of points or be in a farther age to start your own guild. You would still be able to join another but not create your own until late. This might help decrease empty guilds as anyone who started one would have to have invested a lot of time to quit. Besides, anyone almost anyone in Iron age would not benefit from their own guild. It may need to be based on the point system so that Iron age campers with millions of points can start a guild, but not someone with 6000 points.
Comment your thoughts. I don't want to format this into an idea just to get shutdown but it is worth a discussion I think.
No that is one of the fun parts earlier on, maybe to join a better guild? Personally when I start a new world I really look forward to joining a guild, when I first started not so much b/c I didnt know about it and how helpfull it was.

Johnny B. Goode

Besides, anyone almost anyone in Iron age would not benefit from their own guild.
I disagree. If a player doesn't have time for the requirements of a regular guild, or needs more flexibility than a regular guild offers, a solo guild is a necessity to be able to complete Daily Challenge quests and events. Having GE/GvG available is essential for those.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I agree with you up to a point. I believe that when the quest shows up asking you to join a guild that it should only present active existing guilds as an option, but not the ability to start a new guild. After a player has joined a guild and quits, then the option to create a guild should become available. That would also solve the issue that Stephen brought up, which is a very legitimate one, while helping get new players into active guilds. I had created a thread about this right before I went on a forum hiatus for a period of time. Maybe I should look that up and put something together in the proper format.

Pickleweasel

I'm in my own guild and I created it as soon as it was available as an option. I'm at level 10 or 11 (I can't remember if I flipped over in the last GE or not), so I get benefits from that. The only battles I do are those that come up in quests (with no alternative), or on the campaign map. I have never been in someone else's guild and no one has ever been in mine; that's the way I want it to remain.

If I hadn't been able to start a guild early, as per your suggestion, I would have simply started it whenever it unlocked. The only thing your suggestion would do for players like me is further restrict playing beyond the self-imposed limits of being a solo player.

However, I do see that the points you bring up could result in their own dilemmas. Rather than block people starting guilds when they wish, perhaps guilds should be established as invite-only by default upon creation? One step further might be to disable auto-join until reaching a certain number of members (3? 5? I have no idea what is normal)? I set my guild as invitation-only as soon as I created it, and I have never invited anyone, so my guild doesn't generate the types of issues you describe.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I'm in my own guild and I created it as soon as it was available as an option. I'm at level 10 or 11 (I can't remember if I flipped over in the last GE or not), so I get benefits from that. The only battles I do are those that come up in quests (with no alternative), or on the campaign map. I have never been in someone else's guild and no one has ever been in mine; that's the way I want it to remain.

If I hadn't been able to start a guild early, as per your suggestion, I would have simply started it whenever it unlocked. The only thing your suggestion would do for players like me is further restrict playing beyond the self-imposed limits of being a solo player.

However, I do see that the points you bring up could result in their own dilemmas. Rather than block people starting guilds when they wish, perhaps guilds should be established as invite-only by default upon creation? One step further might be to disable auto-join until reaching a certain number of members (3? 5? I have no idea what is normal)? I set my guild as invitation-only as soon as I created it, and I have never invited anyone, so my guild doesn't generate the types of issues you describe.
That is certainly your choice, and I wouldn't want to take it from you, but this game is designed to be played with others, and remaining in a solo guild will extremely handicap you in your play, making it much harder to advance your city. Examples - No free trading of goods, no guild swap threads or 1.9 threads for donating to other's great buildings, no GBG rewards, advice about gameplay, etc.

The only people who should be in a solo guild are those who are taking a break or slowing their game down for whatever reason. Anyone else is only hurting themselves, and hurting themselves severely.

Baroque

I was thinking about creating a guild just for the daily quests. I don't think some players should think that they know what is best for other players. I will play this game as I choose. Why would you want to change something that does not affect you? Don't do me any favors.

gianteagle

It seems maybe just changing the joining method would help. Maybe my previously proposed requirements could only apply to players on the first world as they would likely not be starting their own guild for the purposes Stephen Longshanks brought up. That way if they were at the point where it would be too early to start a new guild then that would likely not apply to most players first world who used those reasons.