• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New members suddenly don't understand swap threads?

DeletedUser35173

On a similar topic... how do I even find a guild which is active in forums, or even supporting its own members?

DeletedUser26965

On a similar topic... how do I even find a guild which is active in forums, or even supporting its own members?
A guild that is active in forums? You mean the in game forum I assume? And what do you mean by supporting its own members? Like with words of encouragement? j/k but generally the higher the rank the guild the more assured you can be they keep an active guild going. You can find that by going to the Global Rank in the game menu. Also sometime people post on here if they're recruiting. You can go to the WORLDS section of the forum find your world and see.

Also if you have questions you can post them here;
Questions

DeletedUser38111

A player in Bronze can't donate to GBs or use swap threads because we need to research architecture in Iron age. I found this out when my guild added me to swap threads and explained very nicely how to use them but didn't know about this and I could not donate.

DeletedUser27889

A player in Bronze can't donate to GBs or use swap threads because we need to research architecture in Iron age. I found this out when my guild added me to swap threads and explained very nicely how to use them but didn't know about this and I could not donate.
Yes you'd need to have Architecture in IA unlocked before you'd be able to add anything to another player's GBs. Founder's and leader's of guilds most likely already know that when they accept a bronze age player they won't be able to participate in swaps or GE.
So did Manda the first ever find a solution? There isn't one really, you just have to work with it on a case by case basis and it happens on every world as new players can play on every world.
Sorry I didn't respond. I haven't been visiting the forum as often and was surprised to see new replies on this thread. Short answer, no, I never did discover what was going on and how to make it completely stop. However it did stop and I don't really have any answer as to why. We have fewer newer players coming in so that could certainly have something to do with it, however even when we do get a new player it no longer happens despite no changes to the welcome message/swap explanation I provide them that I posted here which was not working before. It could also be that now W is an older world so it's not receiving the influx of completely new to the game players it once was.

I've also noticed that I used to frequently get players on W that lived outside North America and knew English as a second language or relied on translators to communicate. Now most newer players I encounter are more fluent. It's possible it could be chalked up to a language barrier. I honestly don't know. While I'm happy it's no longer an issue I'm facing in my own guild unfortunately I have zero answers to any other guild out there who may be experiencing this, my guess would be in whatever the newest world is.. the drunk one, AA? The suggestions provided to me by people here did help mitigate it some while in the throws of it though.

We have a more solid core group of players we did back then and era wise we're higher than we were. Possibly we used to be on whatever 'recommended for you' new guild list for new players and now we are not? I don't know, it's all conjecture. I only learned after that mobile players have no access to guild listings and cannot read guild profiles so I have no idea where our new mobile players were coming from at that time or how they were able to find us and apply.