• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Message Center Feedback

Emberguard

Can’t you just change the settings?
Yep. Just keep the swaps same section as they are now. Or make separate swaps that look active, that no one actually puts into. See whether they’re legit, then repay FPs and add to real swaps if they’re actually paying. If they’re ripping off by adding without paying then you haven’t lost anything

Salsuero

No one has observed that making swaps auto-join will result in open guilds being scammed by unscrupulous guild hoppers?

They wouldn't be hopping very successfully if they had to stick around and wait for their GBs to get donations each time they joined one. Why would anyone donate to someone in a guild swap thread who joined, posted, and immediately quit? And what are the chances they actually could donate to them since they've left the guild?

DevaCat

No one has observed that making swaps auto-join will result in open guilds being scammed by unscrupulous guild hoppers?
I think guild hoppers -- those who go from guild to guild to get blueprints from their aid clicks and maybe making the occasional goods trade -- are getting an undeserved bad rap. They are not going to be in your guild long enough to create havoc in your swap threads. Guild hopping is a numbers game and success depends on doing it over and over as quickly as possible. At most, a FP might be placed on a gb of interest. When I was doing it, I would far more have wanted an auto-join trades thread than any access to swaps.

What you call unscrupulous guild hoppers are really just bad actors who move from guild to guild trying to pull their scams. Monitoring new member activity is going to be necessary regardless of whether they are auto-joined or have to be manually added. I suppose auto-join could mean these folks might have a window in which to get their schemes started before management notices. But that's a management issue rather than a message center issue, isn't it?

Plunder Queen

I think guild hoppers -- those who go from guild to guild to get blueprints from their aid clicks and maybe making the occasional goods trade -- are getting an undeserved bad rap. They are not going to be in your guild long enough to create havoc in your swap threads. Guild hopping is a numbers game and success depends on doing it over and over as quickly as possible. At most, a FP might be placed on a gb of interest. When I was doing it, I would far more have wanted an auto-join trades thread than any access to swaps.

What you call unscrupulous guild hoppers are really just bad actors who move from guild to guild trying to pull their scams. Monitoring new member activity is going to be necessary regardless of whether they are auto-joined or have to be manually added. I suppose auto-join could mean these folks might have a window in which to get their schemes started before management notices. But that's a management issue rather than a message center issue, isn't it?
Making a mountain out of a molehill. Make your guild application/invite only and it will solve your “guild hopper” problem. What deva said was valid. They want blueprints, not to snipe everyone, if they want goods tell them they need to stay in the guild for a little. I dunno.
Next.

Emberguard

Occasionally you'll have someone add their GB to all the threads and leave without actually swapping FPs. These few individuals may be who they're referring to. Some do it out of not knowing how swap threads work, others may be doing it deliberately. Either way if you have a auto-join guild there's nothing stopping you from using the auto-join messages to inform newcomers or vet them in some way while using manual threads for the main guild

Toppcatt

I really hope the "hiding" part, will work on all of these stupid messages from Inno, especially the ones that want people to "work for free" for them, and that end up staying and cluttering up my Messages panel, for however long. It would be even better, if we could just plain leave/delete those Messages, as everybody I know, has no desire to constantly get and have all of these supid, inane messages from Inno to begin with, let alone having them be "stuck" there for 7 days or so.

RoseDragon71

For some reason, all our guild FP swaps ended up in social - do I have to recreate all the threads? Please don't say I do... I'll cry. A lot.