• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Message Center Feedback

RaveWolf

I like the new system... We have already moved all the relevant threads over and now I'm just cleaning out my messages.

Some Suggestions:
  1. #Favorites is awesome but would be nice if the post was removed from the Relevant Category Page. No point in having the same post in 2 locations. This will also help keep the Category page clean by only displaying New or Non Favorited Posts.
  2. Add a new Category for 'Aborted' posts... This will also help clean out the Social Category. The User can then go through these posts and take down whatever they need from it and then Delete when ready.
  3. In line with #2 above, an option to "Tag" a post as "Please Delete"... There are often cases when threads are no longer relevant and can be deleted. Tagging them can move them to a "Trash" Category... This could possibly be combined with #2 above into a single Category.
  4. Important Posts - Perhaps have them Pinned to the top, although there is the #Impotant Tag to filter them... Maybe have a 'Dot' or highlight the Tag in Red or Flash to signify that there is a New "Important" Message.
  5. Slightly off topic but may be part of... An option to have a floating Message window for GBG as it is a very active process that requires a lot of switching back and forth.
That's all I can think of for now.

Yugi the 7empest

If I am in the "guild" tab and click on "favorites", I cannot just click on the guild tab again to back back into it. I first have to click either social or important, then click the guild tab. Why can't I just click on the guild tab again?

RaveWolf

If I am in the "guild" tab and click on "favorites", I cannot just click on the guild tab again to back back into it. I first have to click either social or important, then click the guild tab. Why can't I just click on the guild tab again?

I had this problem too, then figured out that the #'s are actually 'Filters'... Click on it again to deselect the Filter. ;)

Yeah our members are asking us to move all the messages to the guild tab, then I came to because I thought I was missing something. Seems like a huge oversight. Can this be fixed? Or are we going to have to delete everything and start over? Wow....I guess so.

Wildelk68

This new messaging is a complete disaster! It makes it harder for guild administrators to add/delete members, you cant categorize the messages. All of these changes were totally unneeded. If it ain't broken INNO don't go changing it! Every time you do there are another 50 issues that pop up

BruteForceAttack

This new messaging is a complete disaster! It makes it harder for guild administrators to add/delete members, you cant categorize the messages. All of these changes were totally unneeded. If it ain't broken INNO don't go changing it! Every time you do there are another 50 issues that pop up

New guild members get auto magically added to any thread created in guild section. They will also be kicked out from threads in guild section when they leave the guild.

Aggressor

I used to be able to quickly go through the swap thread spam messages by clicking the message then immediately clicking the part of the screen that the message center didn't occupy. Now the message center takes up the whole screen and I have to click the tiny X. That is frustrating

Just Kof

Would have loved to see the ability to edit or delete a message with this change. Please still add it!

People are whining about the "problem" that is moving all the messages. But you are thinking about it wrong. WE've never had a place that was guild only messages but the users had figured out a way to make it so. They have seen that and given us a place to put guild only threads. It's not a bad thing but a great thing and we need to adjust and take advantage of it.

Tony 85 the Generous

Would have loved to see the ability to edit or delete a message with this change. Please still add it!
Having been (and am elsewhere) a forum moderator combined with the plight of online bullying etc. the ability to edit and delete messages is a liability. I assume Inno has a record of the original messages somewhere from this forum due to the ability here.

I too wish I had the ability to correct my typos after I post, but the ability to edit messages is easily abused.

Nicholas002

People rarely like change. I think once we get used to this change we will like it better than the old message center. It might take a bit work initially to set up all the guild threads, but after that it will be a lot more low maintenance.

Tony 85 the Generous

People rarely like change. I think once we get used to this change we will like it better than the old message center. It might take a bit work initially to set up all the guild threads, but after that it will be a lot more low maintenance.
I agree. Though the ability for members to create build threads but only have mods beable to delete them is an issue. I don't think just anyone should be able to create a thread, especially if they cannot admin/delete it. Prefered solution is only mods can create and delete guild threads.

Aether7

In general I like the new message center. It took me about 20 minutes to recreate all the guild threads under the guild tab... done! No need to have Inno add functionality for something that only needs to be moved once.

Anyone with notifier rights can create guild messages but cannot delete them. Moderators or leaders can delete guild messages. New members are automatically added to the guild threads, While they cannot leave them unless they leave the guild, they can hide the ones they dont want to use (like swaps). I think all these changes are good, makes managing threads easy.

The things I would like to see changed:

- Move the name of the poster and date below the message and unbolded.
- Change the background color of the editor window. It is almost metallic and disturbing to the eyes.

BruteForceAttack

In general I like the new message center. It took me about 20 minutes to recreate all the guild threads under the guild tab... done! No need to have Inno add functionality for something that only needs to be moved once.

Anyone with notifier rights can create guild messages but cannot delete them. Moderators or leaders can delete guild messages. New members are automatically added to the guild threads, While they cannot leave them unless they leave the guild, they can hide the ones they dont want to use (like swaps). I think all these changes are good, makes managing threads easy.

The things I would like to see changed:

- Move the name of the poster and date below the message and unbolded.
- Change the background color of the editor window. It is almost metallic and disturbing to the eyes.

One BIG BOBO is ALL GUILD MEMBERS can create threads in GUILD Section, (Yes no need to have Notifier permission to create new thread in Guild Section).

saknika

Overall I like the fact that things will be more organized, but it was a royal pain in the backside spending almost two hours this morning remaking all the guild threads in the guild section because that bit of feedback wasn't listened to in Beta and there was no way to automatically set a thread as a guild one.

I also wish that we could restrict members from creating new threads in the guild section unless they had leadership rights, but let them create threads to the entire guild to their hearts' content out in the social section. I really feel that if this is going to thrive the way Inno intends that keeping just anyone from creating a thread in the guild section is important.