• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Message Center Feedback

Salsuero

The mark as important function ought to automatically stick a thread to the top of the page. If I'm marking something important, I want my guildies to SEE it. So it should be the first thing to show up when they open the guild message tab.

They get copied into the "#Important" tag folder where you can see all threads marked as such sorted by most recent post. It's not difficult to find them.

Sorry, but how likely are players to click through the filters every time they get on?

Make sure they do if it's important to you that they do. I don't need everything marked as "important" to be pinned to the top or I'll have to click forward a page or two just to get to the rest of my posts. The filter is fine. Like many things, everyone will eventually get used to it and forget there was a time before it existed.

I want even the LAZY guildies to see it.

If they're lazy, they won't even bother reading them.

The concept of favorites is that they are messages you use a lot and want quick access to. Marking something as favorite should either move it near the top of the list

There's a folder dedicated to them, just like the important tag. No reason you can't easily find them there.

Take a breath. Give it a minute. It'll get more comfortable the more you use it.

Salsuero

if you marked a thread as important, that it would stay at the top of the page

The reason there's a filter for them is so they don't clutter up the main folder. If you pin them to the top, you'd have to scroll potentially multiple pages to get to something new to read every time you open the message center.

Salsuero

Being able to separate guild messages from social would be even better, for instance the 1.9 threads from, hey can you add to my GB threads.

You can tag more important guild threads as "important" and they will be filterable by clicking on the #Important tag. The rest would remain "generic" guild threads and if you want to, you can add any of the guild threads... important or not... as personal favorites OR hide them if you don't want to be bothered by them.

Salsuero

Our guild needs the ability to add guests to our guild threads

Those aren't "guild" threads. You can still manage any threads you need with your guildmates and guests in the "social" folder... where they belong. The "guild" folder is for "guild" threads only by design and that's why it's called that.

Kornflake

I can understand why some people like the new message center because it does help categorize messages. Here is my feedback from the iPhone app:

1. The old system would let us know how many messages are unread up to 99 messages. The new system can only let us know up to 9 messages. Before clicking on a thread and marking it as 'read' I would want to know how many I have to read based on how much time I have to catch up.
2. Similarly, the old system would let me load 20 messages at a time until I knew I was only looking at new messages vs old messages. The new system does not indicate when I have scrolled up enough to only see the new messages.
3. Overall font size is harder to read on my smaller iPhone SE than before. Additionally, the messages themselves are spaced out more when I feel like the display in the old system was already optimized pretty well.
4. Please, Inno, do not mistake the player feedback about the timestamps and just go ahead and remove the timestamps. The timestamps are very helpful.

As a social and strategy game I really hope Inno can get this right after their PvP Tournament troubles!

*Arturis*

All good, just need the default in the social when opening the message, right now it’s in guild Tab, also if we could temporarily hide the unwanted recurring quests, cycle 13 quests to get in the quest you want with no way to opt out is making the game not fun to play.

Aglais IV

The message system is going to be much better and if INNO checks this forum, the problems should be resolved in the next update.
+ I like the automatic update of guild threads
+ I like the option to hide threads
+ I like the option to #Favorite
+ I like that we can see 5 instead of 4 threads in 1 page (at least on desktop).

- I don't like that everyone can create Guild threads
- I don't like that members can hide threads that are labelled important by the founder
- I don't like the time stamp in the thread title
- Notifications need to be corrected. The flashing on the message center button should stop immediately after opening the center, the yellow dot should disappear at opening the tab.
- I agree with @Kornflake that I would like to see where the new messages start.
- Messages should be transferable between tabs. I can recreate them now, but threads might be upgraded to guild threads after we tested them in a smaller group. Also threads might become "social" if just 1 outsider is added. Chat history should be saved while transferring.

I'm liking the new message boards. The fact that guild threads are automatically given to new members and taken when they leave is awesome, and the Hide/ Favorite functions are really nice. There are some things I feel could make it better.

1. Allow only moderators to add threads to the guild Tab. Save the members notifier capability for the social tab.
2. Keep the Guild main thread at the top on all pages.
3. It could be handy if the messages labeled "important" would stay at the top just under the Guild main thread.
4. When a thread is labeled "locked" it would be nice to have moderator rights to that as well where the moderator would still have the ability to write to it.
5. As a founder for a guild I used the ability to remove members from threads (time out of sorts) to get their attention. Could there be some sort of alert system in the social tab that could tag a message important and keep it at the top? Something available to Moderators only
6. A problem all along.. Is it possible to keep the thread feed from jumping when someone else post to it. I'm constantly needing to scroll back up to catch up on the conversation as the conversation is on going.

All in all Well done... Thank You

Last edited:

Salsuero

if we could temporarily hide the unwanted recurring quests, cycle 13 quests to get in the quest you want with no way to opt out is making the game not fun to play.

That has nothing to do with the message center. Recurring quests are a chore for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsuero

I don't like that everyone can create Guild threads
I don't like that members can hide threads that are labelled important by the founder

Agreed.

I don't like the time stamp in the thread title

I rather appreciate having the time shown.

Messages should be transferable between tabs.

This is my main gripe too.

Keep the Guild main thread at the top on all pages.

Ewww... no, thanks.

It could be handy if the messages labeled "important" would stay at the top just under the Guild main thread.

No thank you. If your guild marks several threads as "important", you wouldn't be able to see/access anything new without scrolling to the next page or beyond. I don't want to have to scroll multiple pages to get to new messages just because there are several "important" threads with nothing new in the way.

When a thread is labeled "locked" it would be nice to have moderator rights to that as well where the moderator would still have the ability to write to it.

Well then it isn't "locked" is it? Just unlock it and then relock it.

Antz2013

Thank you all for your comments

Here is a quick summary of your primary comments in no particular order.

1. Some of you like the new message center while others … not so much. This is expected and normal
2. Some of you are having issues finding your messages. They should have been defaulted to your social tab.
3. Some of you have concerns about the readability or font size mainly due to screen size, if I understood it correctly … app players mainly
4. There are questions on deleting messages – Guild moderators are able to this.
5. There were several comments about moving messages between the tabs.

I noticed there are a lot of "personal preferences" noted as opposed to message center issues. Again to be expected.

Please let me know know if I missed any.

Lankybrit

I don't like the new message center because nearly all my guilds are leaving swap threads in the social tab. What a load of rubbish.

I searched and browsed this thread and didn't find the answer to my question, so...
Will a 'locked' guild message ever truncate? If yes, what are the rules to truncate?
What I am looking for is a guild message that list the guild rules and has tips/tricks. Depending on answer might require 2 message threads versus 1.

Wish list:
1) Proper word wrap
2) In text edit window add up/down scroll bar in app. Using finger to roll up/down doesn't work in new editor worth a hoot.
3) Ability to edit previously sent message to correct fat fingers or brain fart. Yeah, I know, read before sending, but....happens since the text editor is worst ever. Might make fewer errors if wish #2 is done. Thought Unix VI or DOS Edit was bad (dang, gave away my age)

I don't like the new message center because nearly all my guilds are leaving swap threads in the social tab. What a load of rubbish.

Shame to miss out on the new features. I am in leadership in 2 guilds, and i didn't ask but deleted old and recreated under guild tab. First guild, my main one, adjusted without a question or comment except to say thanks for the time it took and they liked the features. The other guild moaned and complained, and I soon learned they didn't read the notice message that outlined features and migration process. I can't help stupid!!

The pros of auto-membership of zero admin, set favorite or hide for filtering, simplified message titles far exceeds to old way. I take it you don't have to update all the threads when a player leaves or joins the guild else you would make your statement.

DeletedUser35024

I want to clarify an earlier comment. I do NOT have a problem with there being a timestamp in messages. My problem is where and how the timestamp is currently displayed. As part of thread titles it is the same size and bold as the actual title, stuck on the end; basically it is a part of the title, which is annoying to those of us who are careful to create concise, readable thread tiles for easier readability and identification. The timestamp and name at the beginning of every post within a thread is less of a major issue, but still does break up reading flow as it is bold and large print in between every post. I would prefer the timestamp part be in smaller print either below the post or left margin. play with placement etc. a bit and figure out where it works without disrupting readability and flow.

This has turned something simple into something complicated. now I have to toggle thru several tabs to see the messages I want to see. Plus I have no control on who is on any new threads I create under the guild tab. It feels like someone just decided this would be a good idea and went with it without asking for any input from the players. now we are stuck with it forever

IgorStrav

Would it be possible to add another tab for "Locked" threads? This would be a good place for guild rules, game hints, etc.

It could alleviate the potential problem of too many "Important" threads and return the ability of a guild to carry them on long term that was previously in the Guild Forum. Since so many players are on mobile, the Guild Forum is not of much use.