• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Message Center Feedback

Salsuero

This has turned something simple into something complicated. now I have to toggle thru several tabs to see the messages I want to see. Plus I have no control on who is on any new threads I create under the guild tab. It feels like someone just decided this would be a good idea and went with it without asking for any input from the players. now we are stuck with it forever

Your guild is not required to use the Guild tab. You can simply leave everything in the Social tab and move on with your lives if that's your preference. However, there was LOTS of input from players... both over time and during the beta testing phase.

I would have much preferred that inno worked on getting Venus released

Everyone has preferences. Many of us wanted them to revamp the message center. You'll get your preference addressed soon enough. Took us AGES to get ours addressed.

RaveWolf

Our guild needs the ability to add guests to our guild threads, such as leaders from our alliance and our own leaders need access to our main guild threads when visiting other guilds in the alliance. This is a massive issue for me, being the main founder I need visibility what's happening in my guild when I'm not there!

That is what the Social Category is for... Allies are not part of your Guild, therefore should not be in the Guild Category.

RaveWolf

There is no cookie cutter way to run a guild. Some of us have certain threads for certain members. Some threads are used as incentives for guild members to achieve a certain activity level. When they fail to meet that level, they are removed from that thread, yet not kicked from the guild. It gives them the option to increase their activity level, stay off those threads or leave the guild.
This new system, forces us to keep those threads in the Social Tab, though they are guild only threads. We will get used to it. It was just unexpected in how they operate is all.

I can't disagree here... and I had the same issue... As far as Allies are concerned as was mentioned by @XENA27, we have 2 threads one for GBG which remains in our Guild Section and one for our Allies (Which has nothing to do with the rest of the Guild except for GBG Leaders, and makes sense to be in the Social section.

As far as Guild members only needing access to certain threads, I agree 100% and actually mentioned it as a Suggestion (I think)... We have threads that are for members who Only have a Level 80 Arc (for example)... So Yes a Guild thread, but not everyone should be on it.

So in defence to my statement, I was already aware of this, and perhaps I should have mentioned it, but I think I had already reached a point of acceptance.

XENA27

Those aren't "guild" threads. You can still manage any threads you need with your guildmates and guests in the "social" folder... where they belong. The "guild" folder is for "guild" threads only by design and that's why it's called that.
That pretty much rules out any use of the guild folder then. I'm still the founder of my guild when I'm on a diplomatic visit, I should not have to be physically present in my guild to be able to read and post important messages to my guild mates whilst I'm out. I disagree that option has been taken away and we have to keep everything in the social folder just for that eventuality.

RaveWolf

That pretty much rules out any use of the guild folder then.

One small aspect doesn't make it useless. ;)

I'm still the founder of my guild when I'm on a diplomatic visit, I should not have to be physically present in my guild to be able to read and post important messages to my guild mates whilst I'm out. I disagree that option has been taken away and we have to keep everything in the social folder just for that eventuality.

I'm not a Founder, but I do see your point here... Being able to stay in touch with your Guild while moving around as you said, is important. I have no idea how that aspect worked before so can't give a just opinion on that. That is an interesting dilemma.

Salsuero

That pretty much rules out any use of the guild folder then

Perhaps it does... for your guild.

I'm still the founder of my guild when I'm on a diplomatic visit, I should not have to be physically present in my guild to be able to read and post important messages to my guild mates whilst I'm out. I disagree that option has been taken away and we have to keep everything in the social folder just for that eventuality.

If you leave your guild, you're not IN the guild. You may be the founder, but you're not a member. So you can be a part of social threads, but not guild threads. This makes 100% sense. You want to roam around... do so and stay connected using the social folder. I want guild members in my guild threads and I'm glad I no longer have to manage them manually. We have a couple threads that are for a limited selection of our guild members... they will remain in the social folder. I wouldn't mind having the ability to "disable" certain members in guild threads so we could move those threads to the guild folder too, but I don't want anyone other than guild members in those threads and I don't want to have to manage that manually anymore.

I don't like the new message center because nearly all my guilds are leaving swap threads in the social tab. What a load of rubbish.
What is wrong about that? This is where they should be, not forced on everyone, cluttering the message center and possibly slowing down loading times for people who want to leave them (since if they became guild threads then we are only able to hide them, not delete.) Save guild threads for things that are actually important.

Tony 85 the Generous

Another item I noticed. Since guild threads are open to the whole guild, guild leadership threads (threads limited to those in the guild but not for everyone in the guild) MUST be in social.
IMO there should be
'Whole guild' section (like is there now)
"Select Guild" for guild only but only a few of those in the guild (ie., leaders and organizers but not the rank and file)
and I would like to see a separation allowed for the 'social business' threads (multi-guild swap threads) from the 'social discussions' (chat).

Salsuero

What is wrong about that?

Nothing if that's how your guild wants/needs to operate. These new organization tools are entirely optional.

cluttering the message center

This message center update does the opposite of clutter.

possibly slowing down loading times for people who want to leave them

How slow is your internet that this is a thing? It might slow down the search when you're looking for something specific, but if loading times for the message center slow you down enough to notice, I can't imagine the game is all that playable.

if they became guild threads then we are only able to hide them, not delete

But that's a perfect solution since hiding them prevents them from notifying you when they get posted to and yet you're still a member of them just in case you decide you need to use them in the future... no bugging admins to add you back into them.

Save guild threads for things that are actually important

Or use them for things that are addressed to the entire guild and mark the ones that are actually important as literally "#important".

Antz2013

I will throw my 2 cents in as a long term mod / player and leader but from a different game. Most of this is probably a rehash and, believe me, I am not telling you how to run your respective Guilds.

My 2 cents....Every Guild has its challenges and runs things in different way. It depends on mainly on the founder(s) and their respective leadership style(s) plus their leadership team and their respective styles. Some leadership styles are more flexible than others when dealing with change.

This being said... most of you have either adjusted or are adjusting to this change. It does take time to adjust, overcome, and move forward. The comments here shows how you are adapting to the change (or in some cases not) and working out how to effectively manage it and sharing what you have done. Some of what you are describing as issues could simply be dealt with by adjusting your communication processes.

For example,

1. If you are a founder making the rounds, then, to me, you should should be directly communicating with whomever you entrusted to maintain your Guild in your absence. They should be keeping you in the loop on any Guild issues.

2. If you have issues with the Guild tab being cluttered up, then decide what is acceptable for your Guild tab, communicate that to you team and then enforce it.

Simple adjustments tailored to fit your needs will remedy a lot of the issues I have read. This being said... not all.

Summary so far

1. Some of you like the new message center while others … not so much. This is expected and normal

2. Some of you are having issues finding your messages. They should have been defaulted to your social tab.

3. Some of you have concerns about the readability or font size mainly due to screen size, if I understood it correctly … app players mainly

4. There are questions on deleting messages – Guild moderators are able to this.

5. There were several comments about moving messages between the tabs. - I have looked into this and it is presently not possible.

6. Requests for possible more editing/formatting options

7 Request for a locked tab for locked messages

Please let me know if I missed anything

Tony 85 the Generous

For example,

1. If you are a founder making the rounds, then, to me, you should should be directly communicating with whomever you entrusted to maintain your Guild in your absence. They should be keeping you in the loop on any Guild issues.

2. If you have issues with the Guild tab being cluttered up, then decide what is acceptable for your Guild tab, communicate that to you team and then enforce it.

Simple adjustments tailored to fit your needs will remedy a lot of the issues I have read. This being said... not all.

Summary so far

1. Some of you like the new message center while others … not so much. This is expected and normal

2. Some of you are having issues finding your messages. They should have been defaulted to your social tab.

3. Some of you have concerns about the readability or font size mainly due to screen size, if I understood it correctly … app players mainly

4. There are questions on deleting messages – Guild moderators are able to this.

5. There were several comments about moving messages between the tabs. - I have looked into this and it is presently not possible.

6. Requests for possible more editing/formatting options

7 Request for a locked tab for locked messages

Thank you for asking. Several have mentioned:

8. Ability to control whom can create messages in the guild thread, one option is tie this to moderators privilege (that would make the moderators privilege create and delete threads in the guild section)

Nicholas002

Another thing is it would be nice to move the name and time stamp below the message, and make it regular font and smaller.

currently it is large bold font at the top of the message which is very distracting.

I believe several others have mentioned this.

You know what happens when message notifications keep showing despite having clicked on them previously (no new messages, just notifications showing the same update for days)... people stop opening messages, like me, I’ve missed a few important messages from friends (in time), but overall it just seems better to ignore that red exclamation

Please for the love of God remove notifications for updates in messages.

P C C

I don't think anyone has mentioned this: the message center always opens in the guild tab even if the only new messages are in the other tabs, at least on mobile. In that case, I'd prefer it to open in the tab with the newest message. (One person suggested always opening in social instead but if it isn't by most recent message then guild first makes sense to me.)

Agent327

I don't think anyone has mentioned this: the message center always opens in the guild tab even if the only new messages are in the other tabs, at least on mobile. In that case, I'd prefer it to open in the tab with the newest message. (One person suggested always opening in social instead but if it isn't by most recent message then guild first makes sense to me.)

It opens in the tab you close it in.