• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

DeletedUser26293

LOL. Look closely at the pictures in the post you quoted. Neither of the GBs shown has anything to do with fighting! Which goes to prove the point that we've been trying to drum into your head, that points don't matter!!!!!
the point is, that those who have MASSIVE points for their era or age, have them because they've been sitting there doing nothing but gathering special buildings for gaining others possessions. a single GB in my previous neighborhood gave my attacker 120% advantage. a building that was obviously eras, ages, above Progressive. how do you think they get that many points? Duh! Which means, by the way, that those of us just entering that era age have NO WAY to defend against them other than the City Shield. Which of course means we cannot use another boost without paying diamonds for it. :(

Jools1956

the point is, that those who have MASSIVE points for their era or age, have them because they've been sitting there doing nothing but gathering special buildings for gaining others possessions. a single GB in my previous neighborhood gave my attacker 120% advantage. a building that was obviously eras, ages, above Progressive. how do you think they get that many points? Duh! Which means, by the way, that those of us just entering that era age have NO WAY to defend against them other than the City Shield. Which of course means we cannot use another boost without paying diamonds for it. :(
I guess you don't need another's opinion on this, but what the heck, it's a forum. I came here about three months ago with all the same complaints that you have asking for advice. (Post was What's the Fascination with Parking). What I didn't ask was for the game to be changed - I know that all the players that have played for years here have struggled through all the same challenges and came out on the other side, so it would be unfair to change the game at this point. Many of the veterans gave really good advice which I applied to my game strategy and it made all the difference in my game. I am "parking/camping" in each age as long as necessary (months) to get the GB's built and leveled up, as well as event buildings that would carry me to the next era. I am a purist, however, not putting in arcs or space ships in LMA, HMA, etc. Just going with the GB's designed for each specific era. Yes, there are people in my neighborhood with millions of points, but my defense holds up in most cases and I am usually the champion of my PVP (or at least second). Yes, I plunder neighbors, so turn about is fair play - I expect to be plundered occasionally (but VERY rarely) - I collect on time and leave them nothing but coins, meh. So, it is doable to successfully play the game as designed. Set your strategy goals and work towards those goals and you will be successful at the game - and love playing it!

DeletedUser

No, the point is that you want to whine in the Forum and look for sympathy, but do nothing about your problem. Well, whine away, I'm done with answering your silly complaints. Under the old neighborhood merging system, I was frequently put in hoods with players 5 or 6 ages ahead of me. So I saw my Longbowmen get decimated by Assault Tanks. Now that's unfair. Being put in a hood with another player in the same age who has put more time and effort into their city is too bad for you, but it's not the fault of the neighborhood merging system. It's your fault for not taking the steps to protect your city.

DeletedUser31592

I said it before and you were offended, but maybe a repeat will stress the importance and sink in. If you are at the bottom of your hood, even if you just aged up, you are racing the tech tree. You should not have aged up yet. You were not ready.

As I posted earlier today:
One way I use to judge whether or not I should age up a city- I want to be in the top-10 of my hood. If I'm not at least in the top-20, I'm racing the tech tree and need to park for a few weeks (or months). I aged up in Y just a couple of weeks ago (2 or 3, can't remember). I'm #1 in my hood in my new age, lol.

I put that last sentence in bold underlined italics because it is crucial. You should not be at the bottom of your hood- ever. Not even after aging up. Should you be at the top instantly? No. Should you at least be around half? Maybe #40 or better? Yes.

Jools1956

I guess you don't need another's opinion on this, but what the heck, it's a forum. I came here about three months ago with all the same complaints that you have asking for advice. (Post was What's the Fascination with Parking). What I didn't ask was for the game to be changed - I know that all the players that have played for years here have struggled through all the same challenges and came out on the other side, so it would be unfair to change the game at this point. Many of the veterans gave really good advice which I applied to my game strategy and it made all the difference in my game. I am "parking/camping" in each age as long as necessary (months) to get the GB's built and leveled up, as well as event buildings that would carry me to the next era. I am a purist, however, not putting in arcs or space ships in LMA, HMA, etc. Just going with the GB's designed for each specific era. Yes, there are people in my neighborhood with millions of points, but my defense holds up in most cases and I am usually the champion of my PVP (or at least second). Yes, I plunder neighbors, so turn about is fair play - I expect to be plundered occasionally (but VERY rarely) - I collect on time and leave them nothing but coins, meh. So, it is doable to successfully play the game as designed. Set your strategy goals and work towards those goals and you will be successful at the game - and love playing it!
Additionally-just checked. I have a 135 percent defense boost without tavern. Not great but seems to hold off most.

DeletedUser26293

that is exactly what i have been doing, so thank you for the ... idk.... encouragement ? lol .... i do ask that the game be changed to reflect the HUGE gaps in neighbors points, because, like you said... that's the "bad" of the game. and it is totally unnecessary that it be that way. :) Every time i get attacked and plundered i get a notice in my News at City Hall. So it is easily something that could be monitored, and plunderers paired with plunderers so they can all have a good time and so can those of us who DON"T plunder. Ever. .... :)

Jools1956

that is exactly what i have been doing, so thank you for the ... idk.... encouragement ? lol .... i do ask that the game be changed to reflect the HUGE gaps in neighbors points, because, like you said... that's the "bad" of the game. and it is totally unnecessary that it be that way. :) Every time i get attacked and plundered i get a notice in my News at City Hall. So it is easily something that could be monitored, and plunderers paired with plunderers so they can all have a good time and so can those of us who DON"T plunder. Ever. .... :)
Wow, you are really not happy. Just too clarify - I did not state anywhere in my post "that's the bad of the game". Not sure where you picked that up or if you are just projecting.

DeletedUser29295

and plunderers paired with plunderers so they can all have a good time and so can those of us who DON"T plunder. Ever. .... :)

We DO have a good time: at your expense.

You know, I posted suggestions to help you out, but I can see they have fallen upon deaf keys.

that is exactly what i have been doing, so thank you for the ... idk.... encouragement

If this is what you have been doing, your city would not be such a mess. You would not have LONGHOUSES in your PE or Indy city.

Your Indy city should not have useless producing goods buildings like BeeKeeper, Copper Foundry, Glassblower, Granite, Iron Age Villa, Longhouse, and Notre Dame. You would group your like sized stuff together. And you would not have roads from HMA to Colonial: you would use the best roads because it would replace a bunch of the happy stuff you have littering your city. Then, you could fit in, oh, maybe a St. Basil, Deal and a Traz so you could better defend yourself.

Your PE city is a hot designed mess because of the way you ran your expansions and have your roads made. If you placed all the double road buildings along the right side of your city, where your CoA and other stuff runs down, you will be better served. And get rid of the Luau and Santas Workshop: they do you no good after HMA/LMA really.

I gave you advice earlier in this thread, and for some silly reason am doing it again. But do what you will: it is your city. Just remember the advice we have tried to give you here every time someone walks through your troops like a hot knife through butter then takes what they want from you because you are ill prepared to protect what you are trying to produce.

DeletedUser31592

You know, I posted suggestions to help you out, but I can see they have fallen upon deaf keys.

If this is what you have been doing, your city would not be such a mess. You would not have LONGHOUSES in your PE or Indy city.

Your Indy city should not have useless producing goods buildings like BeeKeeper, Copper Foundry, Glassblower, Granite, Iron Age Villa, Longhouse, and Notre Dame. You would group your like sized stuff together. And you would not have roads from HMA to Colonial: you would use the best roads because it would replace a bunch of the happy stuff you have littering your city. Then, you could fit in, oh, maybe a St. Basil, Deal and a Traz so you could better defend yourself.

Your PE city is a hot designed mess because of the way you ran your expansions and have your roads made. If you placed all the double road buildings along the right side of your city, where your CoA and other stuff runs down, you will be better served. And get rid of the Luau and Santas Workshop: they do you no good after HMA/LMA really.

I gave you advice earlier in this thread, and for some silly reason am doing it again. But do what you will: it is your city. Just remember the advice we have tried to give you here every time someone walks through your troops like a hot knife through butter then takes what they want from you because you are ill prepared to protect what you are trying to produce.

Very good advice except the bolded sentence. The Luau is towards the bottom of my list of buildings I'd get rid of. 3 FPs a day if you can time the quests. Now, Santa's Workshop is ONLY worth building from ME on- when you can get refined goods. For it's size, I don't like it, but I can see how some people would see value in it. Now, if it offered FPs like the Luau, my opinion would be different :)

(And a disclaimer- I have a Santa's Workshop in my PME city. It is more because it perfectly fits in a certain space without gaps than anything else, lol. It has been stored a few times when space was needed. It is always the first to go.)

Salsuero

I honestly think just being at the top of the hood keeps people from even trying.

I'm consistently #1 in all of my hoods thanks to my points-irrelevant high-level Arc. I also have over 200% in my town's defensive bonus. Yet I still get attacked by random low-point players. Never ceases to amaze me. Some of them must be using auto-battle too because they take 8 losses when they do instead of surrendering (unless they're all just that stubborn and willing to lose all units in an obviously hopeless battle).

DeletedUser31592

I'm consistently #1 in all of my hoods thanks to my points-irrelevant high-level Arc. I also have over 200% in my town's defensive bonus. Yet I still get attacked by random low-point players. Never ceases to amaze me. Some of them must be using auto-battle too because they take 8 losses when they do instead of surrendering (unless they're all just that stubborn and willing to lose all units in an obviously hopeless battle).

Since my plundering only occurs in one city, and I refuse to waste space on barracks, I surrender like crazy. I pretty much only fight 2 spearman defenses using auto-battle :p I don't want to lose any troops I acquired through GE. I'm not in it for the thrill, so I have no desire to actually battle. Auto-battle works. And I want my results now, too. I'm just after some goods ;)

Salsuero

Since my plundering only occurs in one city, and I refuse to waste space on barracks, I surrender like crazy. I pretty much only fight 2 spearman defenses using auto-battle :p I don't want to lose any troops I acquired through GE. I'm not in it for the thrill, so I have no desire to actually battle. Auto-battle works. And I want my results now, too. I'm just after some goods ;)

Yeah, it works against defenses like the ones you fight... but you surrender the ones you can't/won't. These fools auto-battle from the main screen I think... before even seeing what they'll be up against. Because I'm a formidable opponent and they should figure that out after just one hit.

DeletedUser26293

i don't know what you are looking at, but it is not my city. unless ofc you are looking at rugnir which i have been trying fro a long time without success, to delete. i play only in arvahall because i can't get into any of the other worlds due to an adobe flash bug that i've also been unsuccessful getting help with.

Salsuero

i don't know what you are looking at

Here's what everyone is referring to:

Screen shot 2018-01-03 at 12.29.44 PM.jpg

Now there should be no confusion.

And for comparison... just for spits and gargles...

Screen shot 2018-01-03 at 12.37.55 PM.jpg

That would be my town at the current moment.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i don't know what you are looking at, but it is not my city. unless ofc you are looking at rugnir which i have been trying fro a long time without success, to delete. i play only in arvahall because i can't get into any of the other worlds due to an adobe flash bug that i've also been unsuccessful getting help with.
So in Arvahall you have a level 6 St Basil, 4 Watchfires and 1 Ritual Flame. That's all I saw anyway. That gives you 42% defense boost. I can tell you from experience that 42% is nothing. I don't even slow down when I see a defense boost that low. Compounding that is the fact that your city is chock full of plunderable set pieces. Like I said before, you might as well hang out a sign that says "plunder me".

Even leaving all that aside, your city layout is very inefficient. Road going every which way. And what's with those road pieces on the edge of your city? That just screams, "I don't know what I'm doing!" (And don't try to tell us again that you're in the process of rearranging your city. Those road pieces have been there since you first posted on here, because I looked at your city back then, too.)

DeletedUser32009

Dont level up just because you can. read what you just said. You have no way to defend against people who built their cities up. You foolishly entered new eras when you were not ready.
So if you are so far behind others in your hood, dont move up again until you make progress.
I came into my new hood at 12. Which is ok. I'll just make sure to collect, but if I get plundered, it isn't the end of the world.
I dont know how else to tell you what the more experienced players havent already told you.
In my hood I have hoodies in HMA, with 0 GB's, no improvement with roads, several still have buildings from the Stone age, no joke. They dont aid me, and have a 2 spear defence, yes I am going to hit that everyday.
It is not my fault someone isnt trying to learn the game and put forth effort to be effective.

DeletedUser32009

I am sorry the above posts sounds harsh. Take everyone's advice. You might suffer a bit until you fix it, but it wont get any worse.
Stay at the level you are at.
get GB's and level them. (I need to do that myself. Mine are low)
Do GE with your guild and get troops, or other great goodies that help your city grow.
Reiterating point 1 Do not move up again! An ounce of prevention now, will save you a pound of cure later.