• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

DeletedUser31393

I’m only going to give my own experience here. I’m in LMA for about a week on the new world of Yorkton. My points are high because I’ve got some great GBs. Yes, I diamonded up to get them. Our guild is doing great, but our farmers are struggling to keep up with demand so that we can GvG and do GE. We have some excellent and skilled fighters who are ready to move up and go forth conquering, faster than the farmers. So, I got the “bright” idea to purchase Dynamic Tower, thinking I would be able to finance my own advancement and help our fighters aging up quickly. The problem is that I think this threw me into a hood far above my age. My LMA troops don’t stand a chance against Conscripts. I swear the canons only tickle them. In fact, I could swear that I heard them laughing at my LMA guys. ;) I don’t think a Conscript even stubbed his toe while obliterating my LMA guys. Anyhow, I love fighting, and understand the plundering aspect, so I’m not whining about those aspects of the game. I’m collecting on time, and I even set my phone to make sure I collect on time. So, even tho these guys are way above my age, I can prevent being plundered just by collecting on time. The advantage of being in this sort of neighborhood is that even tho I'm in a new world, with my DT, I am racking up even Post Modern goods...while being attacked a lot and nervously collecting.

My fear is that the disadvantages will be the DC and special events that require winning battles. It seems to me that Inno will discourage diamond spending for GBs if this throws us in hoods so far above us. It ultimately can slow a player’s progress. There will be no way I can finish some Daily Challenges in this hood. If I can battle 10 times in the GE, then great, but if my GE is at lvl 4 when that DC rolls around, I’m prolly not gonna make it. If we don’t rush the C. Map, you can do a FEW battles there without throwing off the balance between the tech tree and the map. I won’t have much chance in my hood tho.

Just some thoughts...

DeletedUser

So, I got the “bright” idea to purchase Dynamic Tower, thinking I would be able to finance my own advancement and help our fighters aging up quickly. The problem is that I think this threw me into a hood far above my age.
The world is new, so there are not a lot of players yet in the upper eras. This is why you're in a hood with higher era players. It has nothing to do with your Dynamic Tower.

DeletedUser31393

The world is new, so there are not a lot of players yet in the upper eras. This is why you're in a hood with higher era players. It has nothing to do with your Dynamic Tower.

Maybe I should explain it better. I think my ranking is high because I’ve got great GBs, not because I’m a great fighter or skilled player. I’m not playing to get a high rank, and I don’t usually even pay attention to all that. I’m playing just because I love the game and enjoy the strategy. My rank just happened as a by-product of playing daily, and I suspect the GBs. So, did the GBs throw me into a high-level hood?

BruteForceAttack

Based on what Inno has said ranking points don't matter for hood, it only depends on how far you have teched up. Did you advance in Tech tree recently, if yes, then that is what triggered the hood change to higher level. Some times even if you dont tech up hood may change, because others may tech up and you may get merged to newer hoods.

DeletedUser31592

Maybe I should explain it better. I think my ranking is high because I’ve got great GBs, not because I’m a great fighter or skilled player. I’m not playing to get a high rank, and I don’t usually even pay attention to all that. I’m playing just because I love the game and enjoy the strategy. My rank just happened as a by-product of playing daily, and I suspect the GBs. So, did the GBs throw me into a high-level hood?
Unlikely.
There aren't that many in LMA yet. Hoods are more diverse in new worlds. There aren't enough players at each level- or, rather, the higher levels.

DeletedUser26293

Based on what Inno has said ranking points don't matter for hood, it only depends on how far you have teched up. Did you advance in Tech tree recently, if yes, then that is what triggered the hood change to higher level. Some times even if you dont tech up hood may change, because others may tech up and you may get merged to newer hoods.
yes. as i stated earlier i have only recently stepped into Progressive Era. And idk what everyone is on about. I think the picture of my recently remodeled city speaks for itself that i DO defend my city to the best of my ability. And i DO keep my GB's leveling, and also have those which add bonus for my units. so..... ??

BruteForceAttack

I was replying to "EmpressGina" Post

Anyway, Just hangin there and it will pass, the alternative was even worse and no system is perfect. If i'm not wrong you already moved to new hood, right?

As mentioned earlier my many folks, old system used to have folks with 5-6 ages, would you rather have that? No

Some things that current system doesn't take into account, which is Fine.
Folks in any can age can get any higher level gbs e.g IA can get OF GBs
Folks can get higher age troops via quests, e.g. FE can get OF troops

So if someone is parked at 1st tech of pe for 6 months and you just moved to PE, yeah you both maybe in same hood for few weeks...but guess what, as you tech up even 1 or 2 you may go to new hood.

Bottom line, nothing is perfect. You cant really expect hoods to be arranged by points either, because there could be farmer with high level non combat gbs and just because of his gbs he cant be placed with someone who is 2 or 3 ages above him.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

yes. as i stated earlier i have only recently stepped into Progressive Era. And idk what everyone is on about. I think the picture of my recently remodeled city speaks for itself that i DO defend my city to the best of my ability. And i DO keep my GB's leveling, and also have those which add bonus for my units. so..... ??
You only have one of the two defense GBs, the St Basil. (The other one is the Deal Castle.) All other military boost GBs only boost your units that are attacking, not defending. I see that you do have the Monastery and a couple of other things for defense, so your defense boost is probably around 80-100%.

In contrast, my LMA city on Yorkton is 2 months old and has more GBs than your city. And while I don't yet have either of the defense boost GBs, my defense boost is already at 100%.

You don't use Rogues in your city defense army, do you?

DeletedUser

Maybe I should explain it better. I think my ranking is high because I’ve got great GBs, not because I’m a great fighter or skilled player.
This is correct.
My rank just happened as a by-product of playing daily, and I suspect the GBs.
Playing daily has nothing directly to do with ranking, but the GBs do.
So, did the GBs throw me into a high-level hood?
No, they did not. Your hood placement is based solely on your age/era, or in other words your progress on the tech tree. Your ranking points have nothing to do with hood placement. Period.

Incidentally, ranking points are based on 3 things: Goods spent or donated (but not traded), Battle points, Buildings in your city. If you go to the FoE Forum, you can find the announcement from back when they changed the points system and see exactly what the forumla is. :)

DeletedUser26293

You only have one of the two defense GBs, the St Basil. (The other one is the Deal Castle.) All other military boost GBs only boost your units that are attacking, not defending. I see that you do have the Monastery and a couple of other things for defense, so your defense boost is probably around 80-100%.

In contrast, my LMA city on Yorkton is 2 months old and has more GBs than your city. And while I don't yet have either of the defense boost GBs, my defense boost is already at 100%.

You don't use Rogues in your city defense army, do you?

I am working on setting Alcatraz and Deal at the moment. Of course, space is always the problem. I still plan to take out Hagia, which will help; but I don't want to do that until I have the goods required to set them. That is, actually, what started me yelling. ... I will Never get them if I am being continually plundered by players I have no chance of beating. ... But of course all of you are correct, and on we go. Thanks. ... oh, and yes i put in 6 rogues with one rapid fire cannon and one sniper for city protect.

BruteForceAttack

I am working on setting Alcatraz and Deal at the moment. Of course, space is always the problem. I still plan to take out Hagia, which will help; but I don't want to do that until I have the goods required to set them. That is, actually, what started me yelling. ... I will Never get them if I am being continually plundered by players I have no chance of beating. ... But of course all of you are correct, and on we go. Thanks. ... oh, and yes i put in 6 rogues with one rapid fire cannon and one sniper for city protect.

Rouges is bad DA, I think Steven was being sarcastic. Change the DA to 8 proper army, maybe 1 camp if you have it.

Also just collect on time that is the BEST DA.

Check this link https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/help-i-am-being-plundered.13247/

There are various ways to make city less/non plunderable

e.g Set your goods to 24 hrs, set up a time on mobile, pick up the goods from the app.

DeletedUser

Thanks. ... oh, and yes i put in 6 rogues with one rapid fire cannon and one sniper for city protect.
Rouges is bad DA, I think Steven was being sarcastic. Change the DA to 8 proper army, maybe 1 camp if you have it.
I was actually not being sarcastic, I figured that with what she had said so far that it was a real possibility as she has 2 Rogue Hideouts.

@delotta I am not being snarky or sarcastic or condescending with this next piece of advice. Never use Rogues to defend your city, and especially never use 6 Rogues. I am a plunderer, and if I were to attack your city, I would take out the cannon and the sniper first, and then every Rogue would go "poof!" on the first hit because they would have no regular unit left to turn into. I really am trying to help you with this advice, so please don't just dismiss it.

DeletedUser26293

I was actually not being sarcastic, I figured that with what she had said so far that it was a real possibility as she has 2 Rogue Hideouts.

@delotta I am not being snarky or sarcastic or condescending with this next piece of advice. Never use Rogues to defend your city, and especially never use 6 Rogues. I am a plunderer, and if I were to attack your city, I would take out the cannon and the sniper first, and then every Rogue would go "poof!" on the first hit because they would have no regular unit left to turn into. I really am trying to help you with this advice, so please don't just dismiss it.
ok. that makes a great deal of sense. thank you. I tried putting in all tanks. then tanks with rogues. then a variety of units, heavy, light, ranged, .... blah blah blah. ... suffice to say i tried a great many different approaches until i had used up all my unattached units, and now am just trying to get the factories set for producing all of them permanently til i can set traz.

DeletedUser

ok. that makes a great deal of sense. thank you. I tried putting in all tanks. then tanks with rogues. then a variety of units, heavy, light, ranged, .... blah blah blah. ... suffice to say i tried a great many different approaches until i had used up all my unattached units, and now am just trying to get the factories set for producing all of them permanently til i can set traz.
If you have them, why don't you try a mix of Tanks and Armored Cars for 5 or 6 of your defense army, then fill in with 2 or 3 of the rest. And change it up every once in a while, so they don't know exactly what they'll be facing each time. Leveling up your St Basil will do the most good for your city defense, as it will increase both the attack and defense rating of your defense army.

DeletedUser26293

If you have them, why don't you try a mix of Tanks and Armored Cars for 5 or 6 of your defense army, then fill in with 2 or 3 of the rest. And change it up every once in a while, so they don't know exactly what they'll be facing each time. Leveling up your St Basil will do the most good for your city defense, as it will increase both the attack and defense rating of your defense army.
At the moment, being as my armor car factory is only up and running as of last night, and being as I've used up pretty much all my other units getting round 1 of GE, lol, I am currently using:
2 tanks, 1 sniper, 2 rapid fire cannon, 1 armor car, 1 champion, 1 rogue
?? and thank you.
and p.s. ... kinda nice, being back up in top 20 of pvp rather than place 30 or lower as i was in last neighborhood change :p

DeletedUser

At the moment, being as my armor car factory is only up and running as of last night, and being as I've used up pretty much all my other units getting round 1 of GE, lol, I am currently using:
2 tanks, 1 sniper, 2 rapid fire cannon, 1 armor car, 1 champion, 1 rogue
?? and thank you.
and p.s. ... kinda nice, being back up in top 20 of pvp rather than place 30 or lower as i was in last neighborhood change :p
That's actually not a bad mix for a defense army. The key (other than not loading up with Rogues) is to stay away from having just one type of unit (because then they can use the unit that has an advantage over your unit), and changing it up a little every once in a while so they don't always know what to expect. Some plunderers (not me, it's too much work) take notes on the people in their hood. :)

DeletedUser26293

That's actually not a bad mix for a defense army. The key (other than not loading up with Rogues) is to stay away from having just one type of unit (because then they can use the unit that has an advantage over your unit), and changing it up a little every once in a while so they don't always know what to expect. Some plunderers (not me, it's too much work) take notes on the people in their hood. :)

how do you - idk the word i need here lol - reconcile (? lol) your mind to taking others' stuff? ... like, i will not even plunder someone who is just stupidly protecting their city with only the 2 original spearmen provided, because it makes me feel bad. i usually message them instead to get their protection up. ... and thank you :) ... you've been a great help to me in this.

DeletedUser

how do you - idk the word i need here lol - reconcile (? lol) your mind to taking others' stuff? ... like, i will not even plunder someone who is just stupidly protecting their city with only the 2 original spearmen provided, because it makes me feel bad. i usually message them instead to get their protection up. ... and thank you :) ... you've been a great help to me in this.
Well, it is just a game. Part of what I like about the game is that you can actually choose whether to build your empire by force or by diplomacy/trading. Or a mix of both. I really fall into the "mix" category. I go through times when I plunder everybody every day, and then other times I'll go a week or more without plundering anything. So I don't feel like I'm really being a huge hindrance to anyone's progress. Inno actually encourages plundering, as there are GBs that give you extra bonuses for plundering. The Atlantis Museum doubles your plunder, and the Voyager V1 gives you goods from the age of the first 3 buildings you plunder.