• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

DeletedUser26293

Well, it is just a game. Part of what I like about the game is that you can actually choose whether to build your empire by force or by diplomacy/trading. Or a mix of both. I really fall into the "mix" category. I go through times when I plunder everybody every day, and then other times I'll go a week or more without plundering anything. So I don't feel like I'm really being a huge hindrance to anyone's progress. Inno actually encourages plundering, as there are GBs that give you extra bonuses for plundering. The Atlantis Museum doubles your plunder, and the Voyager V1 gives you goods from the age of the first 3 buildings you plunder.
I guess I can see that. And it IS just a game. That's the problem tho, for me. When it gets to be frustrating rather than entertaining, it's no longer a game, but a chore. lol .... So.... I've enjoyed our chats. And while many gave advice both good, bad, sarcastic and rude, I'm happy to say I've put a lot of your suggestions to use. And I've done so, because you actually seemed to care beyond downing me as an idiot and useless player. THank You. ! and Happy New Year to you and yours. If you're ever in Arvahall, I'd be happy to be your friend. :)

DeletedUser26293

Every time I see someone post this drivel, I wonder if they've ever played a game before. Seriously. Do you play Monopoly with 2 boards? One for those with houses/hotels and one for those without them? That's how ridiculous your request is.
you know, i didn't even see or get notice of any of these comments you made that i am just now finding; so, sorry for seeming to be ignoring what you were saying, but glad we got it worked out in the end. ... (no wonder everyone thought i was just whining, lol) ... okay that's mexico internet for ya lol ... nite

DeletedUser

you know, i didn't even see or get notice of any of these comments you made that i am just now finding; so, sorry for seeming to be ignoring what you were saying, but glad we got it worked out in the end. ... (no wonder everyone thought i was just whining, lol) ... okay that's mexico internet for ya lol ... nite
I guess this thread could serve as proof that my responses depend on the other person's attitude. When you seemed whiny, I wasn't very nice, but when it looked like you were listening and actually appreciating help, I switched to "teacher" mode. I am also glad it worked out in the end. It is way more gratifying to me to help someone than to belittle them. :)

Algona

Highest Commendations to Stephen for the job he's done in the last few days in this thread.

delotta,. i deeply appreciate you listening to what Stephen and others recommended in this thread. Good luck and kick some FoE ass this year.

DeletedUser26293

I guess this thread could serve as proof that my responses depend on the other person's attitude. When you seemed whiny, I wasn't very nice, but when it looked like you were listening and actually appreciating help, I switched to "teacher" mode. I am also glad it worked out in the end. It is way more gratifying to me to help someone than to belittle them. :)
I agree. :) .... and last night I finished the remodel of my city until I can get the needed Goods for setting new GBs. I now have full BPs for chateu frontenaic, alcatraz, fat albert, deal castle and the capitol if i can ever get space and goods to set them. ... would you have time to make some suggests as to which of those i currently have on the ground i should prefer, and which i should replace with new? thanks :)

DeletedUser

I agree. :) .... and last night I finished the remodel of my city until I can get the needed Goods for setting new GBs. I now have full BPs for chateu frontenaic, alcatraz, fat albert, deal castle and the capitol if i can ever get space and goods to set them. ... would you have time to make some suggests as to which of those i currently have on the ground i should prefer, and which i should replace with new? thanks :)
Looking at your GBs, I like all the ones you currently have. There are some players that might say the Hagia and Dresden could go, but I really like both of them. Of the GBs that you have full BPs for, I would go with the Alcatraz first, unless you do a lot of quest looping with the recurring quests. Once you get the Alcatraz, you can get rid of most or all of your barracks other than the Rogue Hideouts. Unattached units from GE should be enough to keep you supplied with regular troops. It will also alleviate the need for a lot of cultural buildings/decorations because of the Happiness it provides. If you do much quest looping, then the Chateau moves up in importance, because it increases your coin/supply/goods/medals income from quests. I would put the "fat albert" (LOL) ahead of the Deal and Capitol because you don't have a lot of supply buildings, and its boost added to the LoA's would maximize your output from the ones you do have. Deal is big, but it will help with the plundering problem, so if you have the room at some point, it would be okay to build. I wouldn't bother with the Capitol at all. You have plenty of houses, so you probably don't need the population, and it doesn't give enough supplies to make it worthwhile.

Now to your special/event buildings. Ones I would definitely keep are the Black Tower, Rosarium, Royal Cascade and Lord's Manor. Ones I would definitely get rid of are the Santa's Workshop, Hedge Maze and Shrine of Inspiration. I'm on the fence about the Bazaar and Luau. Ironically, although they're almost identical I really like the Bazaar and don't like the Luau. Go figure.

I am not a fan of the set pieces, but would definitely keep the King/Queen statues with the Garden Ruins because it's fairly small. Most of the rest give decent stuff, but they're big, plunderable and they can't be moved easily.

DeletedUser26293

Looking at your GBs, I like all the ones you currently have. There are some players that might say the Hagia and Dresden could go, but I really like both of them. Of the GBs that you have full BPs for, I would go with the Alcatraz first, unless you do a lot of quest looping with the recurring quests. Once you get the Alcatraz, you can get rid of most or all of your barracks other than the Rogue Hideouts. Unattached units from GE should be enough to keep you supplied with regular troops. It will also alleviate the need for a lot of cultural buildings/decorations because of the Happiness it provides. If you do much quest looping, then the Chateau moves up in importance, because it increases your coin/supply/goods/medals income from quests. I would put the "fat albert" (LOL) ahead of the Deal and Capitol because you don't have a lot of supply buildings, and its boost added to the LoA's would maximize your output from the ones you do have. Deal is big, but it will help with the plundering problem, so if you have the room at some point, it would be okay to build. I wouldn't bother with the Capitol at all. You have plenty of houses, so you probably don't need the population, and it doesn't give enough supplies to make it worthwhile.

Now to your special/event buildings. Ones I would definitely keep are the Black Tower, Rosarium, Royal Cascade and Lord's Manor. Ones I would definitely get rid of are the Santa's Workshop, Hedge Maze and Shrine of Inspiration. I'm on the fence about the Bazaar and Luau. Ironically, although they're almost identical I really like the Bazaar and don't like the Luau. Go figure.

I am not a fan of the set pieces, but would definitely keep the King/Queen statues with the Garden Ruins because it's fairly small. Most of the rest give decent stuff, but they're big, plunderable and they can't be moved easily.
thank you :) i am going to c/p this to my notes and begin work on it starting with traz and "fat albert" lol. (one of my neighbors told me it is commonly referred to this way :D ). I thank you again, for all your help and input, and wish you a very good day. :) oh and p.s. i've never cared much for luau either lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31393

Based on what Inno has said ranking points don't matter for hood, it only depends on how far you have teched up. Did you advance in Tech tree recently, if yes, then that is what triggered the hood change to higher level. Some times even if you dont tech up hood may change, because others may tech up and you may get merged to newer hoods.

Thanks for all the wisdom, Everyone! BruteForce, yes, I aged into LMA one week ago. The top guy in my hood is in Oceanic. Most are in Colonial or above, but as you guys point out, this is a new world. So, the hoods are very diverse. I’ve been attacked daily by much higher aged armies, but I’ve been vigilant over collecting on time. So, I’ve only been plundered once and that was a one hour production on a blacksmith for a DC. One chic consistently attacks who is 2 ages above me, and she sent a big ol email explaining how she loves to attack and plunder, and her friends are all people longing to have her stop attacking. Personally...oh how I long to meet her on the battlefield with an evenly aged army. Sigh.

In other news, as I feared, I got the DC to conquer 50 in battle, and I’ve already finished my GE, and my Map is already going into Colonial. So...it’s -1 for me. I was really hoping for that 50 fp treasure chest at the end for my Arc, but oh well. Just plugging along.

Thanks again, Y’all for the good info.

DeletedUser20367

I said it before and you were offended, but maybe a repeat will stress the importance and sink in. If you are at the bottom of your hood, even if you just aged up, you are racing the tech tree. You should not have aged up yet. You were not ready.

As I posted earlier today:
One way I use to judge whether or not I should age up a city- I want to be in the top-10 of my hood. If I'm not at least in the top-20, I'm racing the tech tree and need to park for a few weeks (or months). I aged up in Y just a couple of weeks ago (2 or 3, can't remember). I'm #1 in my hood in my new age, lol.

I put that last sentence in bold underlined italics because it is crucial. You should not be at the bottom of your hood- ever. Not even after aging up. Should you be at the top instantly? No. Should you at least be around half? Maybe #40 or better? Yes.

I do have to take one (small) issue with this logic. Even if every single player did everything correctly and developed their GBs, strengthened their city defense, stocked up on resources etc, etc, etc before aging up then ONE of these players would STILL be dead last in every hood. :D

DeletedUser31592

I do have to take one (small) issue with this logic. Even if every single player did everything correctly and developed their GBs, strengthened their city defense, stocked up on resources etc, etc, etc before aging up then ONE of these players would STILL be dead last in every hood. :D
Well, of course. But that isn't ever going to happen. There will always be people who don't try to understand the game- at least for their beginning stages.

DeletedUser26965

I believe IG should give some consideration to the idea of grouping hoods into classes rather than tech tree. It doesn't make sense to group ametures in with pros, featherweights in with heavy weights etc. 4 minute mile runners in with 10 minute mile runners, casuals in with basement dwellers, beginning players in with campers, to me that would seem to discourage competition more than encourage it. The system still has the incentive, especially now with PvP locked in IA, to a camp in an age forever approach or advance at your peril dynamic which seems at odds with IG's apparent opposite approach when it comes to incentivising players to advance via events.

But perhaps that is by design based on some sort of financial incentive, lure the mice through the ages with plunder bait and by the time the mice realize what they've done and they find themselves with no real city advancement or skills the decrepit old cats pounce, and so such an idea is futile to even bother mentioning. I guess maybe that's also why there's no tutorial on defense as well. But then why bother locking PvP and this hood change? To keep up appearances or is it an actual effort in fairness of competition? I suppose if we knew that answer we would begin to know how to evaluate and compose our thoughts on the matter so it's in the hope it is a genuine attempt I make the suggestion.

So I think if they based merges on A/D values, AO's, Krakens, Rouge Hideouts, Traz, City Defense, fights, and any other factors that pertains to ability, availability, strength etc. and give a reasonable range for groups then this might have the effect of encouraging more competition. It might also serve to encourage players throughout the spectrum to be better players because the futile element would not be present for those on the lower end and for those on the higher end it would actually be more of a real competition rather than a faceroll.

DeletedUser30900

I'm not sure what you mean, perhaps you can elaborate.
Let's just say someone makes a proposal about changing this merge system again, appearly you gonna support it and I'm gonna vote no. No matter how fair its gonna be, it hurt my benefit so its gonna be a no. Using other words, fairness is really meaningless since everyone has different ways to explain it. The only thing matters is which side you are on? I'm all in for attacking the weaklings since they "deserved" to be attacked. I assume you are against it. So, plunders got 1 vote from me and weaklings got 1 vote from you. Not changing anything.

DeletedUser26965

Let's just say someone makes a proposal about changing this merge system again, appearly you gonna support it and I'm gonna vote no. No matter how fair its gonna be, it hurt my benefit so its gonna be a no. Using other words, fairness is really meaningless since everyone has different ways to explain it. The only thing matters is which side you are on? I'm all in for attacking the weaklings since they "deserved" to be attacked. I assume you are against it. So, plunders got 1 vote from me and weaklings got 1 vote from you. Not changing anything.
You would still have a spectrum just not as wide as it is now and still be able to attack and plunder so I'm not entirely sure how such a system as I suggest would hurt your benefit, whatever that means. I'm thinking broader aspect here for the game as a whole in consideration of a spectrum of players. Real world competitions do just fine to at least approaching some sort of standard in fairness in competition, certainly you realize that (you ever watch boxing?), hell, it's even done in warfare lol.

DeletedUser30900

You would still have a spectrum just not as wide as it is now and still be able to attack and plunder so I'm not entirely sure how such a system as I suggest would hurt your benefit, whatever that means. I'm thinking broader aspect here for the game as a whole in consideration of a spectrum of players. Real world competitions do just fine to at least approaching some sort of standard in fairness in competition, certainly you realize that (you ever watch boxing?), hell, it's even done in warfare lol.
Where we stand depends on where we sit. I totally understand what you try to get and i am against it:)

DeletedUser26965

Where we stand depends on where we sit. I totally understand what you try to get and i am against it:)
okay you're against it, nothing wrong with being against things just trying to understand where you're coming from. So as an analogy are you saying in boxing featherweights and heavyweights should be placed together?

DeletedUser30900

okay you're against it, nothing wrong with being against things just trying to understand where you're coming from. So as an analogy are you saying in boxing featherweights and heavyweights should be placed together?
You think like you are the audience, but in fact, you are the player on the stage. So facing a featherweight opponent is way better, for me.

DeletedUser26965

You think like you are the audience, but in fact, you are the player on the stage. So facing a featherweight opponent is way better, for me.
I think that's a yes? Okay, well at least now I think I understand.