• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

DeletedUser34910

I am... so confused. Rp... meaning rank points? Then zero. Your points are nothing but a show off they do nothing to help you. There was a time guilds were ranked by member points, that time is long over. Though high points work as a deterrent to being attacked as often I have found.

Your GBs seem very good for your place in game.

Yes losing units and bringing on the wrath of your hood are the only negative things that can happen to you if you attack and fail.

I hope this is what you were talking about, RP isn't such a common acronym I hear in this game often but that is the only thing I could figure you meant in this context.

Lol I thought I saw RP in a previous post and was trying to catch on to the lingo...tired eyes!! I edited my post though to call it ranking instead :rolleyes:

I asked a question about the point of the ranking system in my guild and basically the response I got was, "I don't know, but I want to be number 1." Umm...okay. haha!

Thanks for clearing the hood ranking up for me!

This is the first online game I've ever played so I'm glad my progress is looking good!

DeletedUser34910

Your ranking points are calculated from:
1) Battle points
2) Goods used (not traded)
3) Value of buildings in your city.
There is somewhere in the Forum that spells out the specific calculations, I'll see if I can dig it up and give you the link.

Thanks i appreciate it, but I do understand how to earn the ranking points. I just wanted to see if the points affected success rate in PvP. Since they dont, what I don't understand is why it even matters what your ranking is in your hood. Maybe in higher ages it makes a difference...?

Algona

Your points are nothing but a show off they do nothing to help you.

Directly.

I don't understand is why it even matters what your ranking is in your hood.

However, since RP determines hood placement they are indirectly important,

To wit, DCs requesting win X battles or defeat X units. Players get those DCs and sometimes, often, frequently they go right to the bottom of the hood to fulfill these Quests. And of course once they beat you down, they might plunder.

Manipulaye yout RP to avoid being in the bottom in the bottom 15 or so of the hood helps avoid being Quest Bait, Higher is better.

Ylisaveta

Thanks i appreciate it, but I do understand how to earn the ranking points. I just wanted to see if the points affected success rate in PvP. Since they dont, what I don't understand is why it even matters what your ranking is in your hood. Maybe in higher ages it makes a difference...?

It doesn't ever make any difference, but Inno has to list players in a hood in some order, right?

That someone has more ranking points than you does tell you something at a glance: that they have higher level GB's and/or have fully upgraded buildings to your age and/or have more battles under their belt. Likely, they've been in the age longer. If you look more closely, you might find that the person is a trader with high level goods GB's and Arc and little military power, or the opposite, or a mixture. The lowest people in hoods tend to have rushed through the tech tree and not upgraded their buildings as they've gone along, and have lower level GB's.

DeletedUser31882

Is losing my units the worst that can happen to me by attacking the higher point players, assuming I collect on time? They can attack me back but there won't be anything good, if at all, available to them...

Yarp.

I suppose you could worry about the people you attack getting their guild to target your guild in GvG or to attack you anytime you are in a guildies hood, but that really boils down to what you said, they can only attack you back and if you collect on time... *shrugs*. Some guilds may or may not care about that sort of thing. My guild has a rule not to pillage a specific ally and softly encourages not pillaging other allies.

I view ranking points as an indicator of how 'old' the player is. The higher the score, the more likely they have leveled GBs, participated in GvG, donated goods to their guilds treasury and/or attack their neighbors(Longshanks post was more eloquent). So over time, the more of that kind of activity one participates in, the higher the ranking score is. Only thing that matters when attacking someone is their defense troops and their city defense values. Using myself as an Example: I'm #3 in my hood, currently have half the ranking points of #1, only have 10% city defense and I pillage top 10 neighbors with 100-200% defense. I collect my important stuff on time and occasionally lose some goods due to my lax 8hr collection timing.

The beauty of FoE: Many variables.