• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

DeletedUser4770

We of course will be happy to know your opinion about this new system, so please don't forget to share here!

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser28157

We of course will be happy to know your opinion about this new system, so please don't forget to share here!

Your Forge of Empires Team
I understand the need for a more equitable neighbor-ship, but I am one of those who loves to see what can actually be accomplished in the game by seeing neighbors who are very far advanced. It gives me something to aim for; a goal.

DeletedUser28159

so now my hood will change while I am in Industrial age and more industrial age players will be in my hood.
what happens if I move to progressive age right after the hood change?

DeletedUser7406

"It gives me something to aim for; a goal."

I agree, but also you are going against some time tested variables.

First of all, in my Neighborhood, I worked very hard to make my way from 74th to 4th place.
I busted my tail and suffered a lot of plundering to get where I am now.
I purchase diamonds when necessary to give an extra edge,
Suddenly you are going to take away all of the advantages I have earned and I will only have a higher difficulty of achieving the same success going forward, based on my hard work.
I will no longer be able to gain easy battle points based on my earned abilities against weaker neighbors.
You are now going to punish all successful players and reward weak and lazy players.
(lazy in that they do not aggressively climb the tech tree.)
That seems backwards to me!
I know a lot of players that used to hold back because they assumed that would give them an advantage against their neighbors. Now you make that myth a fact.
Also, this can affect trade balance. Many players of different ages trade with neighbors and you are removing an advantage of having players from different ages, with different inventories of tradable goods. It is no good to have everyone in the same age fighting for the same goods with no ability to trade cross-ages for goods.
Somehow, I do not believe your plan was well thought out for all the pluses and minuses.
In the end, you will only lose your middle to upper tier successful players, because All their hard work is now being thrown away...
Therefore a decrease in the interest to purchase diamonds.
Please do not reward bad players!
The only way to balance this would be to restore ranking points for farming.

DeletedUser18851

What about players who are at the end of AF tech? I assume they will see new neighborhoods on the first merge. But what about after that? Are they going to be stuck with the same people forever, or until the next era opens and new technologies initiate a new merge?

Mixing up the TOP hoods was another HIGHLY requested feature by the most veteran and loyal players this game has, and has routinely been ignored.

DeletedUser4128

I think this new system may present some problems for some players and maybe many players. First off, if you put players together that don't have much diversity of era and level....there may be times when goods become very scarce when required across eras. In many cases working through an era can require goods from 4 different eras not just two. If people haven't planned well....I see a shortage of goods coming. And sometimes you can't plan well if you just don't know how the game works. The argument might hold that they can get that from a guild. But in some cases that might not be the case either. I've found that throughout the game that it is beneficial to be in a guild at times and through some eras....however in others one's goals and the guild's goals differ so much that it is impossible for the two to coexist and for both to do well. Thus, some top end players play with just a few other players or maybe even by themselves in their own guild....thus making the neighborhood very important for the trade of goods. So if wider diversity of era is not kept in the neighborhood....then again goods may get scarce is my fear. One could go find some friends that have the goods.....so it could be argued that this may cultivate more friendships....which Inno may see as a positive. They have raised the limit on friends to somewhere over 140 at this point.....I'm not sure what the limit is now. However, I still believe that it is very possible that in the beginning of the game when people haven't developed many friends and they need this diversity of goods the most....this tightening of the era spread in the neighborhood may again produce a lack of goods for earlier era players. I understand that this new way of "segregating society" may cut out some "bullying" but usually that eventually works itself out anyway.....and the "bad apples" are usually identified within the FOE society and they get ostracized in some form anyway. I say let "society" take care of itself. You are now talking about "societal engineering" and I'm not sure that's a good thing. We've already been segmented somewhat as far as language by God. Further segmenting has always proven to be a bit dicey. Tolerance can be best developed when those of a wide range of races, colors, religions, creeds, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, national origins, ancestries, ages, and disabilities all swirl around in the melting pot of society by rubbing everyone's shoulders together with one another. So my vote is for LESS societal engineering rather than more. I think you have good intentions....but it may backfire in your face.

TroyEdward

Mixing up the TOP hoods was another HIGHLY requested feature by the most veteran and loyal players this game has, and has routinely been ignored.

I completely agree- I have been STUCK in the same 'hood For OVER a YEAR with players who have exploited the ARC, Canaveral, Alcatraz, del Monte, etc have ALL been moved up to level 80 to 100- they now have UNBEATABLE Attack bonus and reaping nearly 1000 FORGE POINTS PER DAY. and of course, since the ARC is at level 80, 1000 FPs are now donated and bonused up to 2000 FPs PER DAY

The game is completely broken at this point.

Last edited:

DeletedUser25166

Good. All you whiney please don't plunder me players get what you asked for. I don't care, easier to get on higher towers now since I have 2 ages ahead troops

DeletedUser28125

PackCat, I'd like to give you the view of a NEW player. One who is not WEAK AND LAZY. I joined in December and have played daily, also buying diamonds when necessary to advance. I am now mid way through the HMA, trying to build my army to compete in GE and PvP, and use forge points to build and progress GBs. Imagine my surprise when just this last week my neighborhood changed to people in Future and Tomorrow world. I was constantly attacked, plundered and lost my hard earned position of Champion in the PVP Iron Age. All of this was done with Drone Swarms, Hover Tanks, and things that I have no names for because I've never seen them. If, while aiding my neighbors, I received a blue print, it was from a much more advanced age and not one that I currently need to help finish the GBs from the early ages I'm working on. As for trading, there have been very few neighbors interested in my goods as they are looking for more advanced type items and in turn, have nothing I need.

With all of this said, I did meet quite a lot of nice people despite all the gold lost from others plundering my cities and lost medals from the PvP tournaments. I will do as Panacea suggests and send them friend requests before the neighborhood change is made.

So, you see, there are two sides to every story and those of us who are not as advanced in the game as you, are NOT weak and lazy. We are working hard and 'aggressively climb[ing] the tech tree" as FPs are earned. Without the loss of medals, gold and time spent rebuilding armies destroyed by people from FUTURE worlds, perhaps we too can advance to your level. I personally do not want to reach that level by constantly picking on those weaker than I, but in competing with those of equal strength and learning strategies that will help as I advance through the ages.

DeletedUser27544

I LOVE IT! I think it's great. ;)

The only negative thing I find is, as mentioned above, impossible to get BP from other higher era than the one you're in. But even when the mixed eras are in the hood, you need to visit someone and aid accordingly to one's need of BP era.

While as for the trades of goods..... GUILD is and should be primary place for trades, so if one has issues with trading withing the guild, it's the guild fault, not hood! So far I hardly spend more than 5FP on trades in all 3 worlds I play, cuz all I need can be found within the guild. But I did pick guild carefully, having as many people as possible with lots of activity and above level 10, so when it comes to trades I really don't see why spend FPs when one can do it for free.

DeletedUser8420

need bps or goods from other eras???

Get into a good guild, and build your friend's list.

As stated by another above, I sincerely hope I get moved around a bit, since I Have been stuck in the same neighborhood for almost 2 years. Those that have level 40+ especially the 80+ GBs should be in a hood together....gb levels should be taken into account for neighborhood merging.

DeletedUser26779

I understand the idea, and do wonder sometimes about a 4 million point spread. Possibly 2-3 ages, or 1-2 million points could better solve this objective. Personally, I like the broad level diversity in the hood, and I like the variety of players who shift in and out of the hood. The game is more interesting, and I enjoy having newer players on my friends list.
-Regarding adding neighbors to friends, as suggested in the game message--I can't add friends even though I only have 92 friends. When I do, I get the prompt "you've already added 80 players into your friends list", when actually I've only added about half of those myself. Can the friends list be either expanded or re-calculated to allow me to invite 80 of my own choosing? In order to invite some hoodies, I would have to delete some long-standing and fun players. All of us could potentially be in this situation with the proposed adjustment.
-How will newer players find the right guild? How will they find new friends with GB's they want who they know from experience will regularly Aid? In my experience, playing alongside a newer player gives me a chance to observe good potential for guild recruits. It lets them rub elbows and check us out before joining. My son for example is a newer player stuck in a hood with mostly newer, non-guilded players who don't bother to Aid or build GB's that he can earn prints from. He is quickly losing interest in the game because so many are his level, and are passive.
-Consider including GB levels in the neighborhood placement calculation. Players who intentionally pause research in order to level their GB's are probably also the ones who would like to be in a more advanced hood, since they will want to collect goods for GB's several ages higher.
-I agree with the goods problems outlined above. The GB's I'm most interested in building next are several levels above my town's age. While my guild is excellent, the majority are not Arctic so high level goods are scarce. Some on my friends list will trade high goods, but only for very large fp donations... i'd rather not buy my goods that way, and prefer paying the occasional 1fp charge for a neighborhood trade.
-I tend to be an optimist and think the game is generally fine. But I do think that certain people are more likely to get involved and offer comments or criticism or trigger changes such as this, while the quiet majority do not comment because we kind of like the game the way it is. Not to say change isn't desirable. It's a game, we can adjust, but it's better when the game is fun.
thanks, Anon

DeletedUser25273

It will be interesting to see how this works out. Some are saying this will penalize those who have worked hard on the game to advance, I am not so sure, if you have focused on pushing your Tech, YES you are going to be in trouble, but if you worked on improving your game power over tech advancement, you will find yourself one of the leaders in the hood, if you haven't worked hard on getting ranking points, but on making your city strong, maybe you aren't high on the ranking, but may still be one of the strongest in your hood.

It will force people to rethink some of the Goods strategies, and find a good guild/build the friends list. You really do need to be producing goods a level or two (or three) below your age. After all, if everyone only built goods of their age, it becomes hard to find people who want to trade up so you can trade down, as you don't need many goods above your age (except to build above age GB), so you are only working with overstock from previous era, which will rapidly deplete over time.

It might be nicer if there was a bit of a bias to keeping much of a hood intact to help build relationships in the hood. It may be that after a bit they will tend to stick as a group advances together.

DeletedUser8420

It will be interesting to see how this works out. Some are saying this will penalize those who have worked hard on the game to advance, I am not so sure, if you have focused on pushing your Tech, YES you are going to be in trouble, but if you worked on improving your game power over tech advancement, you will find yourself one of the leaders in the hood, if you haven't worked hard on getting ranking points, but on making your city strong, maybe you aren't high on the ranking, but may still be one of the strongest in your hood.

It will force people to rethink some of the Goods strategies, and find a good guild/build the friends list. You really do need to be producing goods a level or two (or three) below your age. After all, if everyone only built goods of their age, it becomes hard to find people who want to trade up so you can trade down, as you don't need many goods above your age (except to build above age GB), so you are only working with overstock from previous era, which will rapidly deplete over time.

It might be nicer if there was a bit of a bias to keeping much of a hood intact to help build relationships in the hood. It may be that after a bit they will tend to stick as a group advances together.
I have BEGGING to be moved out of the hood for the last 2 years....the idea to keep a hood together forever is outrageous...Especially with the gbs being leveled upward 80+....at a certain point the neighborhood stagnates. The gb levels need to be taken into account for the merging...

DeletedUser25273

Not saying together forever, but in my view an ideal system would at the two week shuffle change 10%-20% of the hood (and not always the same 10%-20%), maybe more on the ends than in the middle, but some in the middle too. That way someone might stay a neighbor for 3 months to a year and then move on, and you get a chance to know some of them, and perhaps create a friendship.

And yes, in a sense, advancement elsewhere (like GB leveling) probably should count some towards neighborhood assignment, but it make sense to me that someone who works on their Great Building over tech lets them be a top player in their hood. But people who vastly work on GB over tech should get kicked up some, and this especially applies near the top of the tree where it can be a very significant.

DeletedUser28162

i have another request with the Neighbor/guild/friends system. is there a way that there could be an aid all because it takes me 15 minutes to just get everyone aided

DeletedUser27107

Neighborhoods are not broke, the ability to attack outside your era is.

DeletedUser27544

oh Cassaundrea that too! since "The only criteria that will now be taken into account is era and the amount of Forge Points spent in the tech tree", I don't see how to rank those hoodies (and does it even matter that much) who came to the end of tech tree and sit the era 'til further.
The reason why I love it is because I do sit in EMA. And I've been plundered only couple of times, not even during this winter Frosty's quest to plunder :D .... Yet I see many many others who get plundered almost each day and I'd think they'll support this change much more, but so far appears otherwise o.0

Guess it's easier to find flaws than support, but it's too early to tell. Time will show.

PS: no one had the right picture of how the tavern will work and I know many people who even removed friends, so they could make space for tavern friends :D soooo missunderstood LOL