• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

DeletedUser3679

Is the merging system broke? People are advancing since this new merge and yet are not being cycled out. 6 weeks now and counting.

It's due to the carnival event. Changing the hoods can't be done without messing up the casanova contests. I'm confident that the new merge system will resume a short time after the carnival event ends.

DeletedUser25273

The biggest problem of sorting by age/FP on tech is that there can still be sizable imbalances in the hood based on other developments, those who spend a lot on GB development will be significantly 'advanced' compared to those who don't, but still matched together. (Perhaps those near the bottom of the hood should take it as a sign that they work too much on tech, and not enough on other things).

Perhaps a better sorting measure would be something like total FP spent, or even ranking points (since that is what people see as a ranking, neighborhoods would be ultimately balenced. This kind of sort would put back a bit of variety into the hood, which would be good. Especially if you use ranking points, things would tend to self balance as those who fight a win a lot will move up (and out) faster than those that don't.

For those who complain that they can't get higher age goods anymore, from my experience the hood was never a good source of that, I always found that if I was consistently progressing in my city, I was fairly consistently in the top part of the hood, and there were few opportunities for trading up in the hood. that was much more the job for my guild and in part my friends list.

As for lower age goods, I find you really do need to make goods of an age or two below you, as people an age below you don't really need that many of your age goods, as there isn't much for them to spend on. Yes, you want to trade up some to build GBs above your age, but this is somewhat limited in volume (not enough to support the need of the higher aged player needing lower age goods), and perhaps for people to over extend themselves on the continent (this can really mess you up though, so I don't recommend it, it will activate quests you can't complete, and limit you options in events).

Lucifer1904

One thing the new merge system has accomplished, it is now entirely possible for EVERY person in your hood to breach your defenses. :D
Well.... If you are ranked #3 or higher in the hood people are not dumb enough to attack you. And it helps that I am allies with the #1 and #2 ranked players in the hood. If I am attacked they both attack that person with me.

DeletedUser26660

The hoods at the moment are made up from players of eras sometimes an era above or below each other. I have noticed that another player can be the same era as me but only be on 200K points for example. Some players of the same era can be several million points apart depending on the development or lack of in their cities. In fact there are quite a lot of players who race through the tech tree and do not pay any attention to developing their cities, either with military or goods or anything else, they just focus on the tech tree.

These players will always be open to plundering from other hood players who have invested in GBs and military and so the new hood system has not in fact really altered much if anything as there is still disparity like there was before.

DeletedUser26642

As far as the new ranking system goes it has drawbacks.
I have lost considerable aid.
I know how to build my friends list.
I am Arctic Future ranked 30 in Q.
I am ranked 22 in my hood. My friend list alredy contained most of the top people in my hood. My guild duplicates more. I have easily lost 70 or more aid hits per day.
I have been working on my city for 2 years. I went through the old ranking system ( check my award. Top 1%) The first regrouping did not cost me, this one did.
Even though I am still a new player in the forum because after I went through the trouble to set my page up and was trying to participate and they deleted everything that made it me.
Don't give me the safety thing, they were picks of my bike and some pics of places I have traveled .If I was in the pic I had a helmet on and there were no pics of my tag.
I had considered trying to be a moderator since I am well liked in my world and have an extensive skill set regarding Forge of?empires.
The only reason I am here is to Make my feelings be known, it certainly is not for results from the forum. Before you try to ring out the next guy spend some time with the game.
As always no documentation on the new buildings in the current event. That's two years of poorly documented (=), basically no one with any stroke cares. I liked the events till now.
Do not get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoy the game, my guildies, friends; and nieghbors. Inno is building games, I built real-life Guy wire supported 2000' TV/Radio transmission towers. And my crew and I did not show up at the site throw the parts on the ground and leave the owners to assemble it. What's up?
Have these people no standards. Do they not recognize loyalty.
( Example)
The game creators seem to think a few whiners are more inportant than all the people that comit their time daily to the construction of thier cities, thier guilds (yes they must be built), and towards the satisfaction of all in thier world or worlds.
You and yours can keep the forum. Not what I signed up fo,r even though I like to help others.

The forum is unfortunately handicapped by thier modertators and burdened with low rank whiners.
Appolonia 216 the Friend

Forge on in the spite of adversity. Forge on.
I usually don't comment in the forums but I came looking for specific information and just started reading. I have only been a member for about 7 months and the only things I have gotten out of this is everyone needs to put their big girl panties on and play if you like the game. If there weren't changes made to game play, the game would become static and boring. I don't mean to make anyone angry, but whining about high ranked whiners and low ranked whiners, really? Does it really solve anything or just make you a whiner, high or low?

cbalto1927

The biggest problem of sorting by age/FP on tech is that there can still be sizable imbalances in the hood based on other developments, those who spend a lot on GB development will be significantly 'advanced' compared to those who don't, but still matched together. (Perhaps those near the bottom of the hood should take it as a sign that they work too much on tech, and not enough on other things).

Perhaps a better sorting measure would be something like total FP spent, or even ranking points (since that is what people see as a ranking, neighborhoods would be ultimately balenced. This kind of sort would put back a bit of variety into the hood, which would be good. Especially if you use ranking points, things would tend to self balance as those who fight a win a lot will move up (and out) faster than those that don't.

For those who complain that they can't get higher age goods anymore, from my experience the hood was never a good source of that, I always found that if I was consistently progressing in my city, I was fairly consistently in the top part of the hood, and there were few opportunities for trading up in the hood. that was much more the job for my guild and in part my friends list.

As for lower age goods, I find you really do need to make goods of an age or two below you, as people an age below you don't really need that many of your age goods, as there isn't much for them to spend on. Yes, you want to trade up some to build GBs above your age, but this is somewhat limited in volume (not enough to support the need of the higher aged player needing lower age goods), and perhaps for people to over extend themselves on the continent (this can really mess you up though, so I don't recommend it, it will activate quests you can't complete, and limit you options in events).

Well said, This game is all about balancing between tech tree and GB building. I have noticed that those players who been at AF for alot longer tends to have 10 to 15 millions more points than someone who just entered AF. I find it shocking that those who are in AF in a way a last era in the game at this moment still complain about plundering. This era is a good time to invest GB building. I have also noticed that
AF military units isnt all that stronger than Future Era. Hover tanks of Future area still can pack a punch against AF units. For those who wondering when the next possible hood merge, is Monday march 6th.

DeletedUser28503

Know matter what they do to the hood merges someone will feel its not fair so imo why bother just leave it as is now. This current system Is most fair thusfar so the kiddies are rounded up together and the bigger players are in same hood. I know the old system was way to unbalanced when u had Richards like me plundering new ba players bc we could.

DeletedUser26154

when u had Richards like me

He was the only American President to resign from public office.

richard-nixon-9424076-1-402.jpg

And the only American President to have his name, engraved on a gold plaque, on the moon.

Algona

Dick Nixon. Before he dicks you.

Meanwhile on topic. I've got no real problems with the current merge system. But I had no real problems with the old system either.

DeletedUser26965

For those who wondering when the next possible hood merge, is Monday march 6th.
Well, still hasn't changed for me, put in a ticket now about it, waiting to hear back.
Here's the response from the ticket.
"I'm sorry for any concerns this may be causing, There were some delays for merges or very minor merges. The next scheduled merge is on this coming Monday, 03/13."

Yeah, that will be a 2 month delay lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28503

"I'm sorry for any concerns this may be causing, There were some delays for merges or very minor merges. The next scheduled merge is on this coming Monday, 03/13."

That's just funny. delay delay delay

ODragon

Thanks for asking, I was about to.

DeletedUser26154

"I'm sorry for any concerns this may be causing

My neighborhood started as all Postmodern with a few Contemporary era players.
Now there's six Tomorrow era players, a dozen Contemporary, and the rest of us are Postmodern.

goats 1.jpg

At Contemporary era you gain access to Strike Team Centers, home of 4x3 attack boost buildings.

DeletedUser28503

the hood merge system is broke atm and hence u will have players who should be moved not getting moved.
if that little sheep was in my hood i would totally be having lamb chops for dinner

DeletedUser26154

if that little sheep was in my hood i would totally be having lamb chops for dinner

If you can get past this...

1dbf668cbaba84aefb903b061c1fca99.png

You deserve an all-you-cat-eat buffet.
I have neighbors two eras ahead of me, with Strike Team Centers.

Shields up!