• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

DeletedUser28503

If you can get past this...

View attachment 2797

You deserve an all-you-cat-eat buffet.
I have neighbors two eras ahead of me, with Strike Team Centers.

Shields up!
I would eat that for breakfast especially considering its just what modern tanks. You have no attack bonus. Large def is helpful but not impossible to beat. Largest player same era troops i beat had around 100att and 600 def in my hayday atm im farming fps tho.

DeletedUser28503

I like strategies and with new tavern it changes alot. With good active friends u can use tavern to get u the 3 day shield for 8k in silver a day which is totally doable. This would free a lot of wasted space in ur city to produce even more. Better yet in a old hood u can do this on a rotation and even skip shield a few days or altogether when people finally give up on u. Also FYI if u use diamonds make sure u buy city shield on the 2nd slot so you get 2 free days of no diamond use for the second slot.

DeletedUser26154

just what modern tanks

Close, they're Postmodern.

Large def is helpful but not impossible to beat

One person can, but he's two eras ahead of me and loses a lot in the process.

d5e61a43b5935c60bc021fad3d6eda10.png

It's a great, honest deterrent.
Am I unbeatable? No.
Are there many other people with lower defense, and easier to attack, for the same amount of battle points?
The neighborhood is chock-full of them.

Collect On Time is my best defense.
You don't even need armies for that.

breaking news 2.png

I wish you all the best JC, keep up the good work.

DeletedUser28503

Close, they're Postmodern.

One person can, but he's two eras ahead of me and loses a lot in the process.

View attachment 2801

It's a great, honest deterrent.
Am I unbeatable? No.
Are there many other people with lower defense, and easier to attack, for the same amount of battle points?
The neighborhood is chock-full of them.

Collect On Time is my best defense.
You don't even need armies for that.

View attachment 2803

I wish you all the best JC, keep up the good work.
You said a player had strikes 2 eras above u i thought those in pic were pme but its been a while as im in AF. I agree pickup on time best way but not always possible. When you get into AF and have that def its still very beatable. Not easy but beatable all the same. Point is if u can pickup on time why bother with def at all. Or if u can afford shield. Either way def is and has always been a waste and I use to never use it until I started farming fps and even then just use as a way to keep the kiddies from trying.

DeletedUser26154

When you get into AF and have that def its still very beatable

I plan on having at least 700 Defense by then.
It'll be at least another full year until I'm in Arctic Future.
Maybe even longer.

You have no attack bonus.

I go for efficiency and raw numbers, the Heavy Barrel Defense.
The most for the least amount of space.
Nothing beats the Watchfire for that.

Two choices: Deal Castle or 49 Watchfires.
Both take up the same amount of space.
3,630 Forge Points invested in Deal Castle gives city defense armies 30%/30%.
[And some other non-related benefits.]

49 Watchfires gives 0%/196%

That's 60% v.s.196%.

ufo caught on tape.jpg

I like those numbers and that's why I do it.

DeletedUser28503

I plan on having at least 700 Defense by then.
It'll be at least another full year until I'm in Arctic Future.
Maybe even longer.

I go for efficiency and raw numbers, the Heavy Barrel Defense.
The most for the least amount of space.
Nothing beats the Watchfire for that.

Two choices: Deal Castle or 49 Watchfires.
Both take up the same amount of space.
3,630 Forge Points invested in Deal Castle gives city defense armies 30%/30%.
[And some other non-related benefits.]

49 Watchfires gives 0%/196%

That's 60% v.s.196%.

View attachment 2806

I like those numbers and that's why I do it.
However a 30/30 is actually better then 200def in many cases and in alot of eras. As a example do a ge battle with the 35% att def and compare to hood battle of 200 def. If you use right units but same on both im willing to bet based on my own experience and depending on ur own att over 90-90 you will have less losses on high def. This is because the att bonus is whats killing ur troops.

Anyhow all strategies are not created equal and each is depending on how you play. I would rather have more stuff especially in lower eras then protect my city. Considering there other ways to protect your stuff that is by collecting on time or using city shield.

Just sayn my opinion not knocking yours. I have played for 4 years was 3rd on my world until I quit fighting and retched to fp farm for a while. I do have over 50k battles though and have played almost all different ways including your own strategy. I just think if you look at everything as a whole it would be more efficient to not have defense. Other things you can do to help is slow your teching down. You want to be the biggest player in you hood not the middle or lowest that alone keeps people from attacking you. When they fix merge system those higher era players will be moved out of your hood unless they redo how it works again.

Anyhow GL

JC

DeletedUser28503

lol well like any lady would tell you a quick 1 shot no matter how big will not suffice. I could beat that with 1 single reactive armor tank maybe 2 with no ao.

DeletedUser25771

With all these concerns in mind, I must wait to see how this actually goes down and plays out.
However, I agree era diversity is important for, player inspiration, gb blueprints and leveling, as well as goods inventory.
But in the mean time could you increase our friend limit to at least 200??
Perhaps even add 100 more friend limits per era progression?? This would be very beneficial in many areas of an individual's city development and game environment.
Finally, if players from other hoods can donate a measly fp to our great buildings why cant we attack them for being scumbags?? I'm constantly having to do a neighborhood group message calling out these freeloaders (after warning them) to try pushing them out of the top 5 positions so they get zero, zilch, nada, and nothing!!

Just as I suspected. Neighborhood trade has become unacceptably inadequate with increased unfair trades.
Most of my fair trade requests go unanswered and expire.
Fair trade calculator. please pass along - http://forgeinfo.com/?l=tools&s=fairtrade
Poor balance of neighborhood age diversity results in sluggish or no goods being traded, increasing unfair trades.
Progress has become very slow, very dissatisfied! :(

DeletedUser24787

Thats sounds pretty awful
Fair trade calculator. please pass along - http://forgeinfo.com/?l=tools&s=fairtrade
The market is supply and demand offers placed within the limits that have been established for us are fair (all depends what you are looking for not every offer is for everyone some are fp exchange offers )
Personally i use hood trades to make a profit on goods produced or plundered
My guild offers are always in favor of my guildmates as well as for my friends
My hood offers are all 2 :1 , 1:1 , or 1:2
There are a few that like to use that fair trade formula(these offers usually last all week)
Sure when attempting to trade up it favors the person with the lower age goods but how many of those fair trade cal. offers you see people trading down not many
Poor balance of neighborhood age diversity results in sluggish or no goods being traded, increasing unfair trades.
Progress has become very slow, very dissatisfied!
Players whined about how "unbalanced" hoods were with having players with multiple ages in them now that we have the current hood shuffler there is new trend of whining about goods not being able to traded
Build up your friends list, join a guild with players of your age or age bracket that will be able to provide you assistance. your trading opportunities are only limited by your motivation

DeletedUser8152

Just as I suspected. Neighborhood trade has become unacceptably inadequate with increased unfair trades.
Is this because you're trying to trade lower age goods? There's no obvious reason current age trading would be any different. Were your neighborhoods a lot more mixed in the old system?

DeletedUser25771

Build up your friends list, join a guild with players of your age or age bracket that will be able to provide you assistance. your trading opportunities are only limited by your motivation

Is this because you're trying to trade lower age goods? There's no obvious reason current age trading would be any different. Were your neighborhoods a lot more mixed in the old system?

The problem is we of the same age are all vying for the same goods, working the same research tree, those that have a surplus and know what goods is expected, trade unfairly creating a bottleneck in the system, especially during crucial events like this spring contest when time is of an essence.
Joining a guild should not be a prerequisite to being successful or enjoying the game, nor does having to pay to play.
While I am grateful to those who pay to play so that I am able to play for free, I am even more grateful knowing my dollar isn't paying for a flawed game experience. Perhaps the game designers need to get down into the trenches and play themselves so they know what "life in the trenches" is really like.

DeletedUser24787

especially during crucial events like this spring contest when time is of an essence.
its a ugly practice but this is when the most profit is made on the market when a persons guild or friendslist is unable to help them
Joining a guild should not be a prerequisite to being successful or enjoying the game
while this is true consider the fact that being in a guild increases your odds of being helped vs begging for help on global
Perhaps the game designers need to get down into the trenches and play themselves so they know what "life in the trenches" is really like.
you can make a proposal with your suggestion to make the game better and attempt to get the support of the community so it can be evaluated as a possible suggestion it worked before several proposals have been taken into account and been implemented

DeletedUser25273

In my opinion, unless someone has taken care to establish a good trading system, it is important that each player should be producing not only goods of his age, but goods of a couple of the previous ages. Some advocate that you should only produce goods of your age, as you are more efficient that way, but even before the neighborhood changes, trading down could be iffy (depending on how many people followed that advice) as a player of the previous age didn't have that much need for higher age goods (maybe some to get a Great Building early, or to push ahead on the continent, but this is a limited need). If people do this, then most trades will be in age trades, where 1:1 is a fairly normal rate (but sometimes market conditions may push this).

There will always be a need for in age trades, as you will not have boosts for all types of goods, so generally it is needed to trade with people with different boosts. With 80 people in the neighborhood, there should average 32 people with each boost (until you hit Modern when goods get more complicated, and then there will be more), and while that number with vary with randomness, it is unlikely that someone will be able to 'corner' the market.

A guild is very important for good supply, as that provides for the free trade option. While it isn't 'mandatory' it does greatly help out. One thing that people forget about is that outside of the guild a 'Fair Trade' really isn't, If I offer 10 of Good A for 10 of Good B, the person taking it needs to pay 10 Good B PLUS 1 FP to get 10 of Good A. It might be a reasonable trade if the person offering doesn't have an immediate need for the trade, but is offering his excess for his shortages that he will eventually need, and the acceptor has an immediate need, then him paying the FP can make sense. This cost also means that the out of guild trades really should be on the large side to minimize this effect. If I am setting up a trade that I really want to be taken by Friends/Neighbors (because it isn't available in my guild) I will offer above base rates to make it attractive.

Algona

In my opinion, unless someone has taken care to establish a good trading system, it is important that each player should be producing not only goods of his age, but goods of a couple of the previous ages. Some advocate that you should only produce goods of your age, as you are more efficient that way, but even before the neighborhood changes, trading down could be iffy (depending on how many people followed that advice) as a player of the previous age didn't have that much need for higher age goods (maybe some to get a Great Building early, or to push ahead on the continent, but this is a limited need). If people do this, then most trades will be in age trades, where 1:1 is a fairly normal rate (but sometimes market conditions may push this).

There will always be a need for in age trades, as you will not have boosts for all types of goods, so generally it is needed to trade with people with different boosts. With 80 people in the neighborhood, there should average 32 people with each boost (until you hit Modern when goods get more complicated, and then there will be more), and while that number with vary with randomness, it is unlikely that someone will be able to 'corner' the market.

A guild is very important for good supply, as that provides for the free trade option. While it isn't 'mandatory' it does greatly help out. One thing that people forget about is that outside of the guild a 'Fair Trade' really isn't, If I offer 10 of Good A for 10 of Good B, the person taking it needs to pay 10 Good B PLUS 1 FP to get 10 of Good A. It might be a reasonable trade if the person offering doesn't have an immediate need for the trade, but is offering his excess for his shortages that he will eventually need, and the acceptor has an immediate need, then him paying the FP can make sense. This cost also means that the out of guild trades really should be on the large side to minimize this effect. If I am setting up a trade that I really want to be taken by Friends/Neighbors (because it isn't available in my guild) I will offer above base rates to make it attractive.

Take a bow, nomad richie! Best post I've seen in a long while. 24 K Gold.